• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT-WVU Series renewed?

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm conflicted. On the one hand I love thrashing WVU, and it's a quality win. On the other hand, nobody should ever have to go to a game in Morgantown.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone pointed put a while back that many are "out of touch" with the whole lightening striking Corso's car, etc - I would assume that time would also play a factor here. So let all of the newbies drive their asses on up to Morganhole and figure out for themselves what many of us "older guys" have already experienced or know to this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'll be glad to have it back by that point. The rivalry was fun until it got ugly (and first hand I know how ugly it got). I share the hesitation in returning to Morgantown, but they will have been isolated from any and all rivals for a decade by that point. I really hope that fun version of the rivalry returns, and perhaps flourishes into an annual event like UT/OU or UF/UGA.

The only thing better than Morgantown in flames is Morgantown in tears. :yahoo: Go Hokies!

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would much rather have it as a neutral site game, if we have to bring it back.
I honestly would just rather have it be dead for good, and keep the black diamond forever

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. I was perfectly content to be done with their total asshole fans. Worst fans I've ever encountered in any sport by far.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad to have it back. While the fans suck, by then our rivalry will be a thing of college football lore. The students won't care nearly as much anymore about the rivalry. I just wish beamer could beat them one more time

BornaHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Think this contract was signed because Frank and Jim both will be gone and also a lot of the old alumni that was in the Hokie clubs that could get some of the 4000 tickets. Don't think I would want to go especially with beer sold inside the stadium now.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One word: AWESOME

I would root for the Taliban against those asshats and the best way to exorcise that hate is an on the field thrashing. In addition, an OOC game against another major conference for is always good. It sure beats directional Michigan or Marshall.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh boy you knuckleheads are a rowdy bunch.

Listen times change and so do people. There are always idiots in every fan base. But this is not the WVU fanbase of the 80's or 90's. We have cleaned up our act a lot. If nothing else because WVU fans will get in deep trouble if something goes awry, i'm not sure that was the case before. So come on out and experience a beatdown first hand (kidding). It'd be fun having you.

Ohh and if I visit blackholesburg and get beer thrown on me prepare for a rant.

God speed!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh boy you knuckleheads are a rowdy bunch.

Listen times change and so do people. There are always idiots in every fan base. But this is not the WVU fanbase of the 80's or 90's. We have cleaned up our act a lot. If nothing else because WVU fans will get in deep trouble if something goes awry, i'm not sure that was the case before. So come on out and experience a beatdown first hand (kidding). It'd be fun having you.

Ohh and if I visit blackholesburg and get beer thrown on me prepare for a rant.

God speed!

You're right. Inbreeds don't have long lifespans. OH SHIT. That just happened