• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT Wrestling

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watching the ACC championship right now? Coming down to the wire, may be decided in our head to head heavyweight match against UVA. We are up 1 right now with only 1 wrestler left. Pretty awesome, it is on espn3 right now if anyone is interested. Go Hokies!

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA lost its 184 final so it definitely will be decided in the heavyweight matchup, head to head. Let's do this. Marrone (VT) vs Papagianopolis (UVA).

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marone is dominating up 7-0 in the last period. If he finishes it off, we win our first ACC championship. Looks good so far only a minute left to go!

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT are ACC champions! First time ever and we beat UVA to get there. Awesome!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*pops champagne*

Awesome job

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*pops champagne*

Awesome job
bosh-celebrate-2.gif

BE9hElVCEAA2feV.jpg:large

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats awesome. I love that we beat UVA to do it as well. Time for the fellas to prove themselves at the NCAAs.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats awesome. I love that we beat UVA to do it as well. Time for the fellas to prove themselves at the NCAAs.

we still have some relative weaknesses at the upper weights, but i am confident that our lower/mid guys will do quite well, particularly garnett and yates

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty disappointing ncaa championships for us to be honest. garnett lost in the first round and had to go to the wrestlebacks, only 5 of our 10 guys won in the first round. all but yates lost in the next round, and he got pinned in the semis.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty disappointing ncaa championships for us to be honest. garnett lost in the first round and had to go to the wrestlebacks, only 5 of our 10 guys won in the first round. all but yates lost in the next round, and he got pinned in the semis.

It was disappointing for Iowa as well. I know having 2 finalists and finishing 4th place is not bad, but they could have done much better.

The 2 finalists were #2 seed, so that was expected.

Matthew McDonough came in as a 2x National Champion and 1x Runner Up, doesn't reach All-American status as a senior.

Mike Evans, a 3rd seed, finishes 6th.

Bobby Tedford gets injured in the 2nd match and was done.

BeachNHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our first top 10 finish in school history and doubled our previous best with 4 all-americans. I wouldn't exactly say this was a bad meet for us.

Yates got pinned by David Taylor who is a monster and the defending champion. In his last 9 matches at NCAAs he has 8 pins and 1 tech fall.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our first top 10 finish in school history and doubled our previous best with 4 all-americans. I wouldn't exactly say this was a bad meet for us.

Yates got pinned by David Taylor who is a monster and the defending champion. In his last 9 matches at NCAAs he has 8 pins and 1 tech fall.

i didn't say the season was disappointing, but the tournament definitely was. we finished tied for 11th when we were the 7th ranked team going in, and had wrestlers at all 10 spots. the season was great, but i'm sure coach is disappointed with how we fared in the tournament and i don't know how anyone could argue that.

BeachNHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't say the season was disappointing, but the tournament definitely was. we finished tied for 11th when we were the 7th ranked team going in, and had wrestlers at all 10 spots. the season was great, but i'm sure coach is disappointed with how we fared in the tournament and i don't know how anyone could argue that.

What was our previous best in terms of all-americans at NCAAs before this meet? That is how you would argue it.

And we finished 10th.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was our previous best in terms of all-americans at NCAAs before this meet? That is how you would argue it.

And we finished 10th.

i corrected that above, and the CHAMPIONSHIPS were disappointing because out of 10 wrestlers only 4 finished top 8. the season was great, the championships were disappointing for the team i'm sure. the fact that dong didnt get AA is really disappointing. don't get me wrong. great season, disappointing championships. a tourney can be disappointing even if it is technically our best ever. you compare to expectations, not to past years.

BeachNHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i corrected that above, and the CHAMPIONSHIPS were disappointing because out of 10 wrestlers only 4 finished top 8. the season was great, the championships were disappointing for the team i'm sure. the fact that dong didnt get AA is really disappointing. don't get me wrong. great season, disappointing championships. a tourney can be disappointing even if it is technically our best ever. you compare to expectations, not to past years.

How many of our 10 were top 8 seeds? The answer is 4.

How many AAs did we get? The answer is 4. We met our expectations.

That we sent 10 guys to NCAAs is huge as we were 1 of 5 schools that accomplished that, but to expect 10 AAs is silly.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of our 10 were top 8 seeds? The answer is 4.

How many AAs did we get? The answer is 4. We met our expectations.

That we sent 10 guys to NCAAs is huge as we were 1 of 5 schools that accomplished that, but to expect 10 AAs is silly.

we will have to agree to disagree on this one. no one said we needed to get 10 AAs for it to be successful.

BeachNHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will have to agree to disagree on this one. no one said we needed to get 10 AAs for it to be successful.

What were your expectations for NCAAs? I would have loved for Jesse to have made AA, but his thumb injury proved to be too much. That to me is the only disappointing thing about the meet, otherwise it was a big success in my eyes.