• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: VT vs. Western Michigan, 12:30PM ACC Network

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just hope we can use this game as a chance to regroup and collect ourselves.
Western Michigan (MAC) is 2-1 with wins over Murray State and Idaho, loss to Purdue.

In preparing for this game I think we need to spend one entire practice on substitutions and counting to 11.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="">September 22, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we use this game to establish a running game. We should run it at least 50 times, if our OL doesn't have the fortitude to push WMU around then we don't deserve to win.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Shane has spent some QT with Williams this week. He missed some HUGE holes and cutbacks early in the game that could've gone for big gains. A couple of them looked like holes that RW and LS would've turned into homeruns. He really needs to work on his vision/patience. The right play isn't always running to the hole/area that was called.

And please, let's practice getting 1-2 yards when we need them this week. My.God. That's been killing us for more seasons that I can care to count.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately it's more than just those items that need to be reviewed. This team most definitely has talent - just crazy undisciplined coaching / game play has impacted this team for sure....

- Coaching staff / players sacrificing plays on O for penalties that stall drives
- Focusing on OL technique and plays that work, maybe coaching staff investigate other formations like the Power I under center for crucial yardage
- Focusing on ST play that just don't suck. We give up one ST play it seems in every game that is a game changer. Past week was a blocked field goal attempt.
- Coaching staff work with MB to throw the ball away when something isn't there. He is not Peyton manning or a Vick and that's ok. He was supposed to be our QB because of his football IQ. So let's start there...
- D coaching staff to meet to discuss NOT blitzing every play (think this is getting better)

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunately it's more than just those items that need to be reviewed. This team most definitely has talent - just crazy undisciplined coaching / game play has impacted this team for sure....

- Coaching staff / players sacrificing plays on O for penalties that stall drives
- Focusing on OL technique and plays that work, maybe coaching staff investigate other formations like the Power I under center for crucial yardage
- Focusing on ST play that just don't suck. We give up one ST play it seems in every game that is a game changer. Past week was a blocked field goal attempt.
- Coaching staff work with MB to throw the ball away when something isn't there. He is not Peyton manning or a Vick and that's ok. He was supposed to be our QB because of his football IQ. So let's start there...
- D coaching staff to meet to discuss NOT blitzing every play (think this is getting better)

agree .. up until last week, the jet sweep, when used at the right time, was good for 4-10 yards consistently. with newsome and parker back in the mix, they should be running this play with success at least 5 times a game. what happened to the bucky-wild-turkey? he was falling forward for 3+ yards. not sure why we're not still mixing that in .. at least with an option on 3rd and short.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree .. up until last week, the jet sweep, when used at the right time, was good for 4-10 yards consistently. with newsome and parker back in the mix, they should be running this play with success at least 5 times a game. what happened to the bucky-wild-turkey? he was falling forward for 3+ yards. not sure why we're not still mixing that in .. at least with an option on 3rd and short.

I'd like to see them do more options off the Newsome sweep package. I've noticed the last two games when he comes in, the entire defense just keys in on him.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see them do more options off the Newsome sweep package. I've noticed the last two games when he comes in, the entire defense just keys in on him.

Have we run any kind of wheel route with Newsome off the edge after a faked handoff?....gotta think Newsome should have no problem blowing past a LB in coverage.

ShockwaveVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see 75+% pistol formation this game. It's flexible enough to do everything we need and it puts the RB's in a position where they can attack the line of scrimmage downhill instead of moving so laterally out of the shotgun.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he is a guy and I'm not into the Devil's Triangle so probably not....

Eiffel Tower then?

Shame on me... I know and love your wife, but couldn't resist.

And it's like a brotherly love... the kind that's universally practiced outside of West Virginia.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice start with the fumble recovery TD on the opening kickoff.....then we get the PAT blocked.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC network is pissing me off with the technically difficulties...blacking out every 10 seconds.

And there's a high snap and a safety for the good guys. 8-0 before the offense takes the field.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shooting-yourself-in-the-foot.jpg

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck raycom

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Int... surprise!

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That was unacceptable. Wouldn't mind seeing what Leal can do.