• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Voynov gets slap on wrist

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich Hammond @Rich_Hammond

DA says conviction will result in Voynov deportation. Defense is objecting to that, saying it is not mandatory. Some debate.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L.A. Kings' Slava Voynov pleads no contest in domestic abuse case

90 days in jail. 120 hours of community service. He has to start serving on the 14th of July. Plus he is still suspended by the Kings.
If he is in jail for 90 days that would mean that he will be released sometime in the middle of October. That means he will be missing the entire camp and even the start of the season. He will be behind the rest of the team and probably won't be in playing shape until December. Do the Kings really want to take a chance?

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is in jail for 90 days that would mean that he will be released sometime in the middle of October. That means he will be missing the entire camp and even the start of the season. He will be behind the rest of the team and probably won't be in playing shape until December. Do the Kings really want to take a chance?

not going into the debate on whether Voynov should return to the Kings or not, but note that he tore his achilles (something in his leg at least) a few months ago. Even if this all somehow worked in LA's favor, he won't physically be capable of playing until November.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L.A. Kings' Slava Voynov pleads no contest in domestic abuse case

90 days in jail. 120 hours of community service. He has to start serving on the 14th of July. Plus he is still suspended by the Kings.
He has an achilles to recover from too.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The NHL has to decide wether to reinstate him or not and there is still the potential of a immigration hearing to deport Voynov. I don't see him returning

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich Hammond @Rich_Hammond

DA says conviction will result in Voynov deportation. Defense is objecting to that, saying it is not mandatory. Some debate.
Most times the DA is right but there are special cases. I think Voynov's lawyers may have already been working on getting him off with the feds

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most times the DA is right but there are special cases. I think Voynov's lawyers may have already been working on getting him off with the feds

I would think that if you took the deal you would already have known the immigration issue. I know, criminal court and immigration court are two different animals, but it's a misdemeanor now. How many immigrates are still here with misdemeanors?

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that if you took the deal you would already have known the immigration issue. I know, criminal court and immigration court are two different animals, but it's a misdemeanor now. How many immigrates are still here with misdemeanors?
Most people convicted with a misdemeanor for abuse in which physical trama happens ( cuts requiring stitches ) are deported. It is one of the few misdemeanors that they almost always deport people for. Time in the country and type of visa are taken into consideration.
I think Slava will work a deal to stay. I don't think his lawyers would expose him to deportation. I don't know how long it takes but they will push for a quick ruling. NHL or KHL , he will play somewhere

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the oils have taken the plea if there was a chance of deportation. I'm sure the lawyers made sure that deportation was off the table if there was a plea agreement.