• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller (1st Miller thread of the season)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller aiming for 30 sacks in 2017

So Von Miller thinks 30 sacks is doable. From bits and pieces of quotes and vague mentions by VJ - and Woods. I think the Broncos are going to let Von Miller rush the passer much more than the recent past. I have never understood why Miller goes out into coverage - he is fast enough and athletic enough to handle the assignment, but he is the best pass rusher in the league. Let him rush the passer - almost all the time. Have your best player - using his talent for the best. Any combination of Lbs and Dbacks can take the coverage assignment - and be better suited for it.

The final key - is we know are being told how the Broncos will use DeMarcus Walker. He will play in passing situations and line up anywhere on the Dline. This would give the Broncos middle and edge penetration to the QB. Miller should be such a threat - that the other players get more sacks too.

I think Von Miller will have an over and under of 25 sacks.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller aiming for 30 sacks in 2017

So Von Miller thinks 30 sacks is doable. From bits and pieces of quotes and vague mentions by VJ - and Woods. I think the Broncos are going to let Von Miller rush the passer much more than the recent past. I have never understood why Miller goes out into coverage - he is fast enough and athletic enough to handle the assignment, but he is the best pass rusher in the league. Let him rush the passer - almost all the time. Have your best player - using his talent for the best. Any combination of Lbs and Dbacks can take the coverage assignment - and be better suited for it.

The final key - is we know are being told how the Broncos will use DeMarcus Walker. He will play in passing situations and line up anywhere on the Dline. This would give the Broncos middle and edge penetration to the QB. Miller should be such a threat - that the other players get more sacks too.

I think Von Miller will have an over and under of 25 sacks.
I'll take the under. Thank you.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recently saw interview with Miller at Broncos training camp and he said that he's been working harder at coverage and really wants to improve that part of his game. Got to love his desire to be that special LB that can be there all three downs ,drop back in coverage, etc. Have to admit, Denver is lacking there with last yrs Lb core. Major kudos to him. He has the speed and agility to keep up with the Tes and many rbs, just needs the coaching,experience,etc and I think he will succeed. We just might see couple ints from this guy this year as well as sacks,forced fumbles. :)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said that he's working on coverage to be a consistent 3 down linebacker. Wants to play every snap.

In fact, I think he and Harris have a bet this year on who gets more snaps.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how much he will be double or triple teamed this year yeah Under on that bet. I'll be happy with anything 15 or more on the season. I think that would be a good year. I'm not worried about Von. It is the rest of the group that is the concern of how do they do getting all the 1-on-1 match ups.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how much he will be double or triple teamed this year yeah Under on that bet. I'll be happy with anything 15 or more on the season. I think that would be a good year. I'm not worried about Von. It is the rest of the group that is the concern of how do they do getting all the 1-on-1 match ups.

Like I said - I think Von Miller will rush the passer much more often -and have more help on the interior and from the other side of the line. I'll take the over - this time.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we keeping extra money for if Ware gets healthy enough to play ?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we keeping extra money for if Ware gets healthy enough to play ?

Health is not the issue with Ware right now. He has slimmed down a lot since he left the NFL. It is what a lot of players do when they leave the game. Hard to put the football weight back on in a short period of time.