• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Visiting Your House

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and let me know if you wanna meet up for a beer.......:suds:

Thanks for the help and would definitely be willing to drink a beer or two with you sir.....:suds:

Are you going to either of the games?

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i might ....havent even looked at tickets yet for this year

Even if you wanted to get together and buy the reigning Husker fantasy baseball champ a beer at a bar, I'd let you.....:dhd:

I'd even take care of the second round for :second:

:D

Thanks again for the help with all the suggestions for my trip!

You and all the Rangers fans on your board have been great and very helpful.....I'm getting pumped up now for this trip.....although, I need to get my ass to bed now.....

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you wanted to get together and buy the reigning Husker fantasy baseball champ a beer at a bar, I'd let you.....:dhd:

I'd even take care of the second round for :second:

:D

Thanks again for the help with all the suggestions for my trip!

You and all the Rangers fans on your board have been great and very helpful.....I'm getting pumped up now for this trip.....although, I need to get my ass to bed now.....

you too .....thought i was the only one "still up"

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump - if you book now... you could rent a car/suv for under $150 for the length of your stay. FYI. (budget/avis)

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump - if you book now... you could rent a car/suv for under $150 for the length of your stay. FYI. (budget/avis)

Wow! I was leaning towards trying to do without a rental, but at that price I can't resist even if I still do cabs from the clubs......I'm probably going to stay at the Marriot suites just outside downtown Ft. Worth and about 2.5 miles from the stockyards, so I can easily walk to the bars, but probably would prefer to take a cab back to the hotel.....

but at that price for a car, it would be nice for running around during the day doing touristy stuff! :D

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just booked a SUV to Houston for 4 days (weekend) - cost was $84. :D

RangerDanger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! I was leaning towards trying to do without a rental, but at that price I can't resist even if I still do cabs from the clubs......I'm probably going to stay at the Marriot suites just outside downtown Ft. Worth and about 2.5 miles from the stockyards, so I can easily walk to the bars, but probably would prefer to take a cab back to the hotel.....

but at that price for a car, it would be nice for running around during the day doing touristy stuff! :D

2.5 miles in the dfw area might as well be 10 miles. Very few areas are walkable. Id rent the cheapest car available. Im from dallas and not as familiar with ft worth but i assume its almost identical in build so with the hotel being outside of downtown you would have to walk across some very busy streets. Also cabs here arent as available as you would like as they are in other cities. They seem to only be readily available if you are going to or from the airport or if a big event is in town. There is an app called uber. Its a car service. Its like a cab but you book it through your phone. Id look into that if you want to avoid renting a car

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just booked a SUV to Houston for 4 days (weekend) - cost was $84. :D

Great rate! I'm not finding any luck on rates anywhere near that but I'm trying to book outta Dallas-Ft Worth airport and the rates are higher......I wonder if it would be worth it to take a cab from the airport to a rental car location not located at the airport? Probably too much hassle which is why they charge more to rent cars from the airport.......I had found a great rate, but I kept looking at it and I didn't think it was the correct airport.....you can get much better rental car rates from Loveland field in Dallas.......

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can leave the airport on a shuttle that will take you to the TRE(rail system) and that will take you straight to downtown ft.worth.....then you can take a cab to a rental place

i am sure you wont get those rates at the airport

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great rate! I'm not finding any luck on rates anywhere near that but I'm trying to book outta Dallas-Ft Worth airport and the rates are higher......I wonder if it would be worth it to take a cab from the airport to a rental car location not located at the airport? Probably too much hassle which is why they charge more to rent cars from the airport.......I had found a great rate, but I kept looking at it and I didn't think it was the correct airport.....you can get much better rental car rates from Loveland field in Dallas.......

Yeah, Love Field will be a lot cheaper. If you can get offsite from Love it is even cheaper. Like you said, it will be a pain to get a cab to one, but maybe if you can find an Enterprise they will pick you up from the airport :)

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn..i go to dallas and no one offers to buy me a beer..:pout:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Use this location - 617 EAST DALLAS ROAD - GV0 GRAPEVINE,TX 76051

Its roughly 5 miles from the airport. (DFW). (Taxi?) You should find the rates a substantially cheaper there.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Use this location - 617 EAST DALLAS ROAD - GV0 GRAPEVINE,TX 76051

Its roughly 5 miles from the airport. (DFW). (Taxi?) You should find the rates a substantially cheaper there.

Thank you sir! I'm actually afraid to look......booked my rental car while watching my D-backs almost blow another game to the Giants, but win in extras after coughing up a save in the 9th......

I was not clicking on the advertisement from the sight the other day, going through budget's website and using their promo code I was able to get a light SUV for 227 after all the taxes and fees for the 5 days, and I'm happy with that rate......without their coupon promo code, I was looking at like 450-500 total for the 5 days......

Got the flight and car taken care of......I've decided where I want to stay, signed up for the Marriot rewards, so will book that tomorrow.......guess I should buy my baseball tickets since that's the entire reason I'm coming......LOL......I've been trying to keep an eye on stubhub to see if any good deals come up, but also checking availability from the Rangers ticket booth.....I'm not really worried about getting tickets......last I checked a few days ago, they still had good tickets available.....