• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Virginia Tech @ Ohio St

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which would you rather have?

An early impressive win and then a downward spiral?

Or a an early tough loss and then trend upward?

I am just curious from a Hokie perspective.

Well obviously you are thinking in the long term and what positions you for the Conf. Championship and an eventual playoff spot. It is VERY obvious this team is very talented but is not focused and detail oriented via the penalties and knuckleheaded plays. So if it takes us to win vs OSU and go 6-6 to get the proper corrections, I am all for it. Our new AD doesn't mess around and has his act together. So if something is wrong he will do everything in his power to fix it.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Beamer's job in jeopardy or is going to be at VT until he decides to retire?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal thoughts are Beams and the defensive staff are probably OK for now but as far as ST & OC coaching - all are on the table for an overhaul.

EDIT: Think everyone knows that Beamer coaches ST **hint hint**...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guise, you can turn off the suck now. Sheesh.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did that team become so shitty?

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This piece of shit gift just keeps on fucking giving doesn't it...

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe we lost. VT is so bad this year. I watched most of the game last night, Miami owned them.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe we lost. VT is so bad this year. I watched most of the game last night, Miami owned them.

Really keeps me in check about how good tOSU may be... I really still don't know how good they are this year...

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow will be a pretty decent test. We won't know for sure, until we play MSU

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey how about a different Ohio State thread since that VT game was weeks ago?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow will be a pretty decent test. We won't know for sure, until we play MSU

I agree. This will be JT's first big road game. Now instead of 100,000+ cheering for him he'll have 100,000+ hoping he plays lousy.

OH-IO...GO BUCKEYES!!!

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did that team become so shitty?

It truly is a combination of many things and different parts that have been culminating ever since the Ohio State game. Both Scot Loeffler (O.Coordinator) and Michael Brewer (QB) have regressed each game and injuries have been mounting (have lost 2 RB's who have been starters, starting D-lineman, starting LB, a starting corner). And last night the offensive problems finally boiled over to the defense. I got the sense the defense knew the offense wasn't going to produce and essentially quit putting forth the effort. VT defenses typically gang tackle RB's....didn't see it last night. VT should have made a QB changes weeks ago....hopefully we'll see it next game. Granted VT has a lot of youth on offense (RB, OG, TE, 2 WR's all freshmen), but the play calling has been mind blowing of late. I'll be surprised if Loeffler survives another year in Blacksburg. And Brewer must be playing hurt or something....he has no zip on the ball and can't seem to throw it more than 20 yds down field.

BTW, Loeffler came highly recommended by Urban Meyer when Beamer hired him a year ago. Urban punked us.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It truly is a combination of many things and different parts that have been culminating ever since the Ohio State game. Both Scot Loeffler (O.Coordinator) and Michael Brewer (QB) have regressed each game and injuries have been mounting (have lost 2 RB's who have been starters, starting D-lineman, starting LB, a starting corner). And last night the offensive problems finally boiled over to the defense. I got the sense the defense knew the offense wasn't going to produce and essentially quit putting forth the effort. VT defenses typically gang tackle RB's....didn't see it last night. VT should have made a QB changes weeks ago....hopefully we'll see it next game. Granted VT has a lot of youth on offense (RB, OG, TE, 2 WR's all freshmen), but the play calling has been mind blowing of late. I'll be surprised if Loeffler survives another year in Blacksburg. And Brewer must be playing hurt or something....he has no zip on the ball and can't seem to throw it more than 20 yds down field.

BTW, Loeffler came highly recommended by Urban Meyer when Beamer hired him a year ago. Urban punked us.

You got us back, I would say...