• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech - Club 216 Trash Talk Thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he's not the only one....

ebj‏@BeerControl
if the rumor on @VTScoop247 is accurate the #newhoos might be losing a 4th 757 guy in less than 2 yrs. oh, mikey.

Sims has been lazy ever since he got here anyway. The starting job was basically handed to him on a silver platter, yet it seems he has not put in the work to seize the opportunity.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sims has been lazy ever since he got here anyway. The starting job was basically handed to him on a silver platter, yet it seems he has not put in the work to seize the opportunity.

Probably not a big loss with the depth at QB....good thing London has been stocking up! Sims never showed much of anything anyway. There is a reason Sims got released by Bama....ughh....I mean transfered.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocco, Lambert(?), Sims(?), Richardson, Wynn, anyone else???

That's a lot.

I just don't see Lambert leaving. He seems to love the school, and talks highly of the school on twitter. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lambert's not going anywhere. The biggest loss IMHO was the DT Brathwaite, who is a beast and probably our best DL. His grades are fine, it's said that he was short the requisite hours towards his major. The way UVA works is that he's got to leave for a year, which really blows (ie you can't fix it in summer school like most places). There's been some rumor that maybe he can be re-admitted for this fall, but unlikely. Strongest guy on the team, and cat quick.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's official now....Sims ruled ineligible.

John Cassillo‏@JohnCassillo
Phillip Sims should totally show up at Richmond, just to try and troll Michael Rocco again. Nothing else to do...

:dhd:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official now....Sims ruled ineligible.

John Cassillo‏@JohnCassillo
Phillip Sims should totally show up at Richmond, just to try and troll Michael Rocco again. Nothing else to do...

:dhd:

Good riddance is all I can say.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With everything going on with players leaving UVA and them sucking, how do they keep brainwashing top talent to go there?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying anythign new here but....

While I agree that this is tough to see happen, I think the blame here falls mostly on the coaching in the past becoming lax with recruiting. We have whipped up on UVgay for over a decade now and just maintaining status quo and expecting good recruits to commit is not enough. We have to always be hungry here and make this a priority within the coaching staff.

I am finally excited again about recruiting for I think beamer and co. finally get it after loosing out so much the past few years.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With everything going on with players leaving UVA and them sucking, how do they keep brainwashing top talent to go there?

It's actually pretty simple and two pronged:

1. Remember your best friends in HS. Think about how close you are with them now. Probably not very, right? Well, think about his close you thought that you would be to them your senior year of HS. Taking our understanding of this and trying to apply it to kids still in HS doesn't work. These guys want to play together. When guys like Simms and Richardson leave and Cutler has to prep (not sure if he will ever make it) guys are already there.

2. Would you commit to a scho you had never visited? These guys are literally blocked from seeing Blackburg so they can never judge for themselves. It ends up creating a bad image in their mind that their own exposure cannot mend.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both schools would be better off not bad mouthing each other... it really hurts football in the state overall. When one side is saying bad things about the other, and then kids hear the exact opposite on the their next visit, they're left with the feeling that both Virginia schools suck or they're crazy. It seems petty and small time.

It would be better for both sides to call a truce, raise the profile of both schools and keep as much of the Virginia talent in-state. It would pay much bigger dividends than whatever short-term gain you might get from talking shit.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is the schools doing it as much as these "mentors" down in the 757 that steer players specifically away from VT at all costs.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is the schools doing it as much as these "mentors" down in the 757 that steer players specifically away from VT at all costs.

Well where were these mentors sending the kids during the Groh days? Groh basically all but gave the 757 area to VT, so what happened between then and now that makes these mentors steer the players clear of VT?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well where were these mentors sending the kids during the Groh days? Groh basically all but gave the 757 area to VT, so what happened between then and now that makes these mentors steer the players clear of VT?

Could be a lot of things. It could be the new hype from a new coaching staff. It could be they know CML. Sadly it could even be the fact he is a black coach. But seeing tweets from coaches saying they would never let their player go to VT is a little odd isnt it???

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But seeing tweets from coaches saying they would never let their player go to VT is a little odd isnt it???

Obviously, some egos were bruised at some point. It's difficult to re-establish a relationship with a bruised ego.

But the opportunities afforded Virginia athletes at Virginia Tech is undeniable. They should be doing what's best for the kids.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, some egos were bruised at some point. It's difficult to re-establish a relationship with a bruised ego.

But the opportunities afforded Virginia athletes at Virginia Tech is undeniable. They should be doing what's best for the kids.

I agree and any person that would consider themselves a mentor would put egos aside and do whats best for the kids. Not to let them consider every school is not what is best for them.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
certain people feel snubbed when VT will only work through family and HS coaches.