• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech - Club 216 Trash Talk Thread

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and we generally (or me and my friends anyways) used to tailgate for it, which is a good enough reason to go in my books

The last 3 years I've 'gone to spring game,' I haven't even seen the stadium.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think most of you will agree that I am a pretty big UVa fan. With that being said, I have no desire to go to the Spring Game. It's pointless. It's nothing but a glorified scrimmage. To me, there is nothing enjoyable about watching any kind of practice, whether it be football, racing, baseball, etc.

Most of us here view the VT spring game as a big event. It is a big recruiting weekend, it is a chance to see football in the spring. Its a chance to get back into the stadium and cheer and see our new guys who didnt see the field last year. In the end the results don't mean anything but it is still awesome to get out and live it up like a gameday weekend.

and that ladies and gentlemen is the difference between whoVa and VT fans...

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
^^^ Thought the same exact thing when I read jeffro's post. I kept waiting for the "TIC"

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“To me, success at Virginia, and I don’t care what anybody says, means seven or eight wins a year,” Oliver said, knowing that a large portion of his fan base might not agree. “You have to be realistic and if you get lucky and something great happens, then boom, that’s gravy.”

Jon Oliver is UVa’s executive associate athletics director.

found the link to this on TKP but here is the whole article : Reshaping Virginia football, part 1: Looking at things differently - The Daily Progress: Sports

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, Way to set the bar high Oliver......

I would say that 7-8 wins and a mediocre bowl year is ACCEPTABLE...but not exactly what I would call a success. UVA isn't exactly one of the NCAA year in and out bottom dwellers who only make bowl games every 10 years. They have a decent enough history in a good conference with VA fertile recruiting grounds. No reason why that bar (7-8) shouldn't at least be attainable..EVERY year.

Last edited by a moderator:

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posed this question on twitter also.... But how can UVA coaches, players, fans, etc still use the whole "on the rise" slogan?!?! They have regressed under Mike London.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clifton Richardson is leaving UVA.

Is the reason known? And damn looking back at that class got me thinking about Curtis Grant. What the hell happened to him? The other top 5 players in that class were:

1. Clowney - superstar
2. Curtis Grant - ????
3. George Farmer - he'll shine this season
4. Cyrus Kouandjio - superstar
5. Deanthony Thomas - star

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the reason known? And damn looking back at that class got me thinking about Curtis Grant. What the hell happened to him? The other top 5 players in that class were:

1. Clowney - superstar
2. Curtis Grant - ????
3. George Farmer - he'll shine this season
4. Cyrus Kouandjio - superstar
5. Deanthony Thomas - star

He hasn't said why he is leaving, but both Richardson and London both say the split is mutual and on good terms.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant should get a serious role at tOSU this year

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said that last year, too, and we saw how that worked out... I would advise any tOSU fans to take a wait and see approach. It's easy to get excited about a good spring performance, but that was the case last year, too. It sounds like he may be more dialed in now, which will be necessary for him to become a great LB, but it doesn't mean that he necessarily will. This is his coach trying to talk positively about him after this spring:
“You saw him love to play the game, you saw his passion and energy,” Fickell said Thursday during interviews with the media. “For all the things that he needs to work on when he’s on the field and he’s playing like that with that passion and energy, those things shine above the things that he really needs to work on.”
Ohio State football's Curtis Grant blossoming in spring - Sports - The Lantern - Ohio State University

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clifton Richardson is leaving UVA.

Sounds like he's not the only one....

ebj‏@BeerControl
if the rumor on @VTScoop247 is accurate the #newhoos might be losing a 4th 757 guy in less than 2 yrs. oh, mikey.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Grades. UVA has enough gut courses to carry a guy for a while, but just for a while. Just the way it is.