• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech - Club 216 Trash Talk Thread

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you believe that UVa will go 1-4 to start the season?

I don't think you'll hit 1-4, but 1-3 to start your season is totally reasonable.

The Hoos get Duke in game 6, so a 1-5 start is a strong possibility given their recent history with Duke. Is Richmond a gimme?

Just ignore this, we don't need another pissing contest in a recruiting thread. If you want to talk records take it to a new thread!

Not trying to get anyone riled up Jeffro...just having some fun. But on a serious note, I could completely see UVA starting 1-4/1-5 or maybe even starting 5-1 if the team gels and things go their way?? I don't see them getting blown off the field by anyone in the first half of the season but their are certainly some tough games IMO. Alot of what happens to them is going to depend on 1) How their defense plays after losing so many starters and 2) How the QB plays and IF it turns into a QB controversy.

The only sure fired win I see on the first 5 is against Richmond.

Not sure what Penn State team you will get..the hungry pissed off one trying to prove something? Or the beaten and battered one?? I don't think the talent will drop off too much for PSU...for a couple years..

GT and TCU on the road....I would say the deck is stacked against them in these games.

...La Tech. Already getting Top 25 votes, bringing back alot from what I have read. Already been recognized as a potential sleeper/BCS buster. Lost to only a few REALLY good teams last year.

Duke, should be able to handle them but..Duke is Duke..can't sleep on them anymore.

Some really tough games for a UVA team who lost alot on D and is still trying to find their identity (and QB) on O...Just my take.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there's no way they crack .500 on that stretch; GT, TCU, and PSU are guaranteed losses for the Hoos.

I don't think they replicate last seasons "success" for a few years.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's true. They got very lucky in a few games last year. They really caught FSU sleeping.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think UVa will beat PSU but agree they will lose to the other teams mentioned above.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a team that needed overtime to beat Idaho, at home. And a last second field goal against Indiana (one of the worst BCS teams in the country).

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a team that needed overtime to beat Idaho, at home. And a last second field goal against Indiana (one of the worst BCS teams in the country).

and? What about VT? VT eeked out wins vs. ECU, and Duke. What's it matter what the score was? The W is all that counts in the standings anyway.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to get anyone riled up Jeffro...just having some fun. But on a serious note, I could completely see UVA starting 1-4/1-5 or maybe even starting 5-1 if the team gels and things go their way?? I don't see them getting blown off the field by anyone in the first half of the season but their are certainly some tough games IMO. Alot of what happens to them is going to depend on 1) How their defense plays after losing so many starters and 2) How the QB plays and IF it turns into a QB controversy.

The only sure fired win I see on the first 5 is against Richmond.

Not sure what Penn State team you will get..the hungry pissed off one trying to prove something? Or the beaten and battered one?? I don't think the talent will drop off too much for PSU...for a couple years..

GT and TCU on the road....I would say the deck is stacked against them in these games.

...La Tech. Already getting Top 25 votes, bringing back alot from what I have read. Already been recognized as a potential sleeper/BCS buster. Lost to only a few REALLY good teams last year.

Duke, should be able to handle them but..Duke is Duke..can't sleep on them anymore.

Some really tough games for a UVA team who lost alot on D and is still trying to find their identity (and QB) on O...Just my take.

Richmond- Should be a cake walk.

PSU- New coach, & with all the distractions going on for them, I see a double
digit win for UVa.

@ GT- UVa is 2-2 against GT since PJ became head coach, so it's not like beating GT isn't foreign to UVa. I think GT does win the game, but it won't be the domination that others think.

@ TCU- UVa's pass D will most likely take a beating in this one.

La Tech- Is LT good? Sure, but other than UVa's pass D, this team will be better than 1 year ago, and the talent difference will be the deciding factor.

Record through 5 games, 3-2.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
and? What about VT? VT eeked out wins vs. ECU, and Duke. What's it matter what the score was? The W is all that counts in the standings anyway.

ECU was 5-7 and Duke 3-9. Idaho was 2-10 and Indiana 1-11. While the W is all that matters, going into overtime against Idaho at home is a bad win.

VTimHokie85

3rd and 31 Productions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has really fell over the past 2 years with terrible seasons. With the amount of talent they have recruited over the past 2 years, they could re-gain their 'power' status with a 1-2 loss season this year.

Auburn without sCam Newton is a joke. This will continue to be proven over the next 2 years.

Not that i dont agre with you about your last statement here about Auburn. But they do fit the criteria you used FWIW.

1. National Title in last decade- Check
1. 5 Star talent-Check. They are tied with USC for the most 5 star comitments in the upcoming recruiting class for 13'.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? It would read 0-0.

You're right....that photo had to be taken at the beginning of the game, otherwise we would only see orange and maroon shirts and a lot of empty bleachers between the 20's!