• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech - Club 216 Trash Talk Thread

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without providing a name, London confirmed that Virginia has taken a commitment from a prospect who had attended the Duke-UVa game with his parents.

The reference was to Darious Latimore, a 6-foot, 175-pound cornerback from Central Gwinnett High School in suburban Atlanta. According to rivals.com, he also had offers from Georgia Tech and Kansas State.

"In the midst of seeing what happened Saturday and how disappointing that was, there was positive news to come out of the weekend," London said. "He spent time with the players and the coaches and people around the program and said, ‘I see what you're doing and, yes, I want to be a part of it.' "

CML is getting recruits all kinds of doped up while on visits...how else can you explain a kid come to visit a school, be on the sidelines in a virtually empty stadium of a team in the midst of a 4 games losing streak, witness firsthand said team blow a 22 point lead to duke and think to himself "yeah, this is exactly how I imagine my Saturdays"...

edit: in rereading, it probably has to do with his other offers, GT and KSU...kid is from Atlanta, obviously he wants to get away from home...but Kansas, who the hell wants to live in Kansas....so geography narrowed it down to Charlottesville

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there are some FCS schools that would be happy to take him where he would be on a better team than UVA...

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can only take so much glee in the clusterfuck that is UVA football right now as I really feel like the universe has a way of balancing things out. I just I hope to all fuck it never gets this bad for us. I mean, can you imagine? Football Alumni yelling at their former coaches about who to play (not that their advice wasn't accurate, nor warranted, because WTF were they thinking?)

We were all losing our Orange and Maroon shit when we ALMOST weren't bullshit bowl eligible last year.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A UVA fan turned around and yelled at my buddy at the game when he casually said "London is the worst cop in football" after a questionable call by Mikeyboy. The dude went off, telling him "DON'T YOU DARE make fun of him as a police officer and a person." Which was all way over the top, considering the casual nature of the comment in the first place. I was shocked at how seriously they still take the Head Ball Cop shtick. They love it.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A UVA fan turned around and yelled at my buddy at the game when he casually said "London is the worst cop in football" after a questionable call by Mikeyboy. The dude went off, telling him "DON'T YOU DARE make fun of him as a police officer and a person." Which was all way over the top, considering the casual nature of the comment in the first place. I was shocked at how seriously they still take the Head Ball Cop shtick. They love it.

Large portions of Scott Stadium are No Fun Zones. Even the most light-hearted comment can get you the stink eye.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Large portions of Scott Stadium are No Fun Zones. Even the most light-hearted comment can get you the stink eye.

being a UVA fan must be like being an old guy that's constantly in pain... no wonder they're grouchy, really.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being a UVA fan must be like being an old guy that's constantly in pain... no wonder they're grouchy, really.

Thankfully we have basketball, baseball, soccer, lacrosse to keep us going.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully we have basketball, baseball, soccer, lacrosse to keep us going.

You forgot to mention average GPA and SAT scores...

... and something about Mr. Jefferson.*

*Mr. Jefferson may or may not refer to the fictional character George Jefferson from the popular 70's Sitcom titled "The Jeffersons"... George Jefferson may also be an unacknowledged descendant of Mr. Thomas Jefferson, from the lineage of bastard children sired from his slave, Sally Hemings.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The motto of the football program since 1998

Can someone translate that to Latin? Seeing that in Latin underneath their "V over scissors" logo would be a passable looking logo. I'd love to print like 10-15 of them on a shirt and sell them to UVA fans before the next game, see who bought one not even knowing.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized that UVA is the only FBS team we played this year that didn't make a bowl. Fucking scrubs.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA bball just lost to UW-Green Bay. That makes me smile. I thought UVA was good at this sport. I guess only lacrosse and soccer.