• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech - Club 216 Trash Talk Thread

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The NCAA is correct in not letting anyone get a waiver for any reason whatsoever. That would defeat the purpose of the rule to begin with, which is to slow student transfers in cases where they're just not getting the playing time that they want.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Been in Charlottesville the past couple of days :puke:. The bright spot was the surprising amount of people in VT gear and im not talking about being out in crozet or somewhere im talking within 1mile of campus, saw tons of vt gear on cars, hats, a vt back pack, etc, it made me smile.

Was sitting at a red light near the Med Center last night and a guy walked by with a VT shirt, i couldnt resist so when the light changed i pulled out slowly and as i passed the guy I let a LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOO! out the sun roof, as he faded into the rear view i heard Hoooooooooooooooooooooookies. I know its silly but i really felt like me and this random dude got one over on the whoovers.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bc at the end of the day, there are MANY, MANY people from VA who go to VT, and not uva. Uva prides itself on accepting outsiders and foreigners; often times with the same resumes, just because they arent from our commonwealth, those within the admissions department on TJ's grounds give the shaft to those whose family's have been paying state taxes their whole lives. guess it isnt a big issue though....... #jokes

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bc at the end of the day, there are MANY, MANY people from VA who go to VT, and not uva. Uva prides itself on accepting outsiders and foreigners; often times with the same resumes, just because they arent from our commonwealth, those within the admissions department on TJ's grounds give the shaft to those whose family's have been paying state taxes their whole lives. guess it isnt a big issue though....... #jokes

Got any proof to back that claim, or are you just talking out of your ass once again?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jethro, you have the dirt bike avatar going - nice!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jethro, you have the dirt bike avatar going - nice!

A close up shot of the Jethro bike.
dildo%2Bbike.jpg

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UVa student body stats:
DEMOGRAPHICS (2010 - 2011)
69.1% Virginian, 30.9% non-Virginian
56% women, 44% men
8% African American or Black, 12.2% Asian American, 4.8% Hispanic/Latino
5.8% citizens of countries other than the U.S.
Students come from 48 states and 120 foreign countries
Profile | Office of Undergraduate Admission

VT student body stats:
Factbook: Student Overview | Virginia Tech Home | Virginia Tech

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha idk what "proof" there would be, but it is well-known uva sees themselves as more of an ivy league school than a state school from virginia. it is a great school. but, they also try and fit that profile. they have the minimum percentage of in-state kids that state law allows. but uva is a small school as far a public schools go so there arent a lot of spots for people, and they have earned the right to be selective.

and i dont usually talk out of my ass, i just usually poke fun at uva using a tad bit of humor and sarcasm haha. and i dont remember posting any of these posts ps. fifth of whiskey and 3 rails. last tots tuesday as an undergrad as well. bar golf today starting at 330 at abbys if anyone wants to join. 18 holes of fun, ending at TOTS.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its been noted on multiple pages here that i was posting at 430 haha. it is what it is. #YOLO

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is yolo?

Do I want to know?

"you only live once" college kids have been saying it all year when they make statements about drinking heavily and doing crazy things. 80% of people make fun of others who use it.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
366kzx.jpg

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Been in Charlottesville the past couple of days :puke:. The bright spot was the surprising amount of people in VT gear and im not talking about being out in crozet or somewhere im talking within 1mile of campus, saw tons of vt gear on cars, hats, a vt back pack, etc, it made me smile.

Was sitting at a red light near the Med Center last night and a guy walked by with a VT shirt, i couldnt resist so when the light changed i pulled out slowly and as i passed the guy I let a LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOO! out the sun roof, as he faded into the rear view i heard Hoooooooooooooooooooooookies. I know its silly but i really felt like me and this random dude got one over on the whoovers.

I've heard a number of people surprised at the number of Hokies in C'ville recently. It makes me wonder if there are more Hokies around there now, although I haven't noticed much of a change.

A good portion of C'ville people are pro-Hokie, it's just that more are pro-Hoo. I spend a great bit of time there for work, and know quite a few professionals and grad students in the area (like every other area in Va there is a large percentage of Tech grads in the engineering community). There's probably a similar number of Hokie grads there to many other Virginia towns of it's size, but the high percentage of Hoos and local fans overwhelm them (same with JMU in the Burg). Rarely do I spend a day in C'ville when I don't see multiple Hokies.

Give em heck but enjoy the area too. It's a neat little town, IMO.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
C'ville is a beautiful town with a lot of history if you take the time to explore the area.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Give em heck but enjoy the area too. It's a neat little town, IMO.

C'ville is a beautiful town with a lot of history if you take the time to explore the area.

I was already back in the burg when i posted that but yeah c-ville is a pretty nice place. Somewhere i could actually see myself living. Walked around campus and some of the surrounding neighborhoods yesterday and it is beautiful. Had some damn good food up there also.