• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2015 Recruiting Target List

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:noidea:<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I'll know by the morning if I'll be committing this Saturday after the game. </p>&mdash; Houshun Gaines (@HZGduoUno) <a href="">December 18, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got 7 early enrollees. Here is a nice link on Hokiesports.com with bios and coaches thoughts for each. Seven sign with Virginia Tech to enroll mid-year

That's 4 early enrollees and 3 delayed (Burke, Smith, and Nijman). Glad to have them all. A few notes:
1. Smith has gained an inch and 15 pounds since he signed before prepping. :)
2. Interesting to see that they say Nijman will start out at DE. I don't see that sticking.
3. The absence of DuWayne Johnson is interesting. I thought he wanted to enroll early as well. Hope there's not a problem there.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This may suggest Miami doesn't feel good about Lawson sticking with them, or they already know something for sure. Sounds like this won't work out for them, but the fact they tried is telling. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaaaand...<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I want to thank all the coaches at the university of Miami for the opportunity but I've chosen to go another route in this recruitment.</p>&mdash; Dwayne Lawson (@dlaw95) <a href="">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep .. he'll be a Hokie soon enough I think .. haven't look at his film but many think he's the best QB in the state of Florida .. already 6'4" .. 6'5" ish .. bumped up to a 4*

me like

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep .. he'll be a Hokie soon enough I think .. haven't look at his film but many think he's the best QB in the state of Florida .. already 6'4" .. 6'5" ish .. bumped up to a 4*

me like

Would be a huge get. Not sure what this means for Durkin/Ford other than competition, but VT has lacked bringing in highly ranked QB's....much less in consecutive classes. This can only be good for the program.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry about Ford and Durkin. I don't see them being afraid of competition or thinking the grass is greener somewhere else. And we haven't seen them in a year so we don't know what kind of progress they've made that would have them ahead of Lawson.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Competition is never a bad thing . Chances are ar least one of the 3 will end up asking for a transfer... which happens fairly often at big time schools.

This all assuming Lawson signs with the good guys. It isn't a done deal yet. But getting a big QB that could run and throw would be great. I imagine he has a strong arm??

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got 7 early enrollees. Here is a nice link on Hokiesports.com with bios and coaches thoughts for each. Seven sign with Virginia Tech to enroll mid-year

To add to that TKP threw in some video of each EE.

http://www.thekeyplay.com/virginia-...ch-announces-7-mid-year-football-signees#more

I am not one to claim expertise on film study. But honestly out of all of them Carson Lydon stood out to me. I know he is a bit if an unknown, but he looks big and fast to me. Bud said that he could be a backer or an athletic Mike... I could see him having early impact in his career. Check out his film. He plays like a boss.

Nijman also looks very large. I don't know if he is fast enough to be at DE (he could be a Gayle like DE) but he is easily big and athletic enough to be a beast DT.

Also, Mook and Clark could figure into the mix in the near future.

The others looked solid as well. 7 early enrollees. Have there been that many before??