• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2015 Recruiting Target List

jmcook

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at the in-state DL misses this year, all you can do is laugh...

Makes me shake my head. Our ability to keep that elite Virginia talent in state is abysmal. I understand recruiting is highly competitive but damn. Oh well I hope the staff finishes out the year well and we get the recruits we need to finish out the 2015 class.

jmcook

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are certainly hurting bad on state but I still think we got the best DT in Virginia last year and RWs career will prove that.

Very true! Played in 10 games this season he is going to a mainstay on the Dline for years to come

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The thing is that we will still be "fine" on the DL even with all of the misses. It's just the thought of what could have been.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup!

We need to get back to winning and get back quick.

What did 'winning' get us in 2010, 2011, and 2012??

This staff as a whole just has an inability to effectively recruit.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at the in-state DL misses this year, all you can do is laugh...

Last two years actually, but who's counting?

In the last 5 cycles, there have been 17 ESPN Top 100 players from VA.

We've signed 2, and are now losing top in-state talent to Duke. Fucking Duke.

Not sure how the "we'll be fine" camp still has high numbers

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that the last 3-4 years gave us the opportunity to take the program to the next level but something is just missing. I love the big time guys we got (Ekanem, Mihota, Walker, etc....) but man what could have been...

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Frankly, the whiffs on in state recruiting have been inexcusable. Mostly the commits to UVa. Mike London can sell ice to Eskimos.

Closely missing out on a defensive guy to Florida State hurts, but they did win the national championship last year and are in the playoffs this year, while VT lost to Wake Forest and went 6-6. Even great recruiters might have a tough sell with that story.

VT will still have a decent recruiting class, but they did miss some opportunities recently to have stellar classes.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, the whiffs on in state recruiting have been inexcusable. Mostly the commits to UVa. Mike London can sell ice to Eskimos.

Closely missing out on a defensive guy to Florida State hurts, but they did win the national championship last year and are in the playoffs this year, while VT lost to Wake Forest and went 6-6. Even great recruiters might have a tough sell with that story.

VT will still have a decent recruiting class, but they did miss some opportunities recently to have stellar classes.

I agree. Coach Dream was able to put the spin on it to get some highly rated recruits on board. That era and speech (fortunately) has just about ran its course.

I think there are many factors in why we arent getting these guys, mainly..the offensive and overall losing product that we have put on the field the last few years. Unfortunately it seems that some of our coaches have never really had the "salesman" mentality that you need to sell this program to kids, in particular Frank and Bud. I think winning alot of games, putting points on the board, and being in the ACCCG/PLayoff conversation would go a loooong way to landing some of these guys going forward. But even then, I am not sure how high the recruiting ceiling is going to be with CFB at the helm. Winning games is what we have sold in the past and now we dont have that to sell. Couple that with the fact that the program has lost its luster from a decade ago, and that these prominent programs are coming into Virginia and poaching its best talent....= not good

Oh...and as expected, the meltdown on other sites is epic! Get the pitchforks and torches! Lets march on Blacksburg an throw 'em all out!!! ...And as another poster on another board put it (this made me literally laugh out loud)...

"FSU can tongue kiss my shit hole!"

Last edited by a moderator:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As much as I'd like to have seen VT land Sweat, seems like VT just became a lot more attractive for the remaining DEs on the recruiting list.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Definitely not upset about this one. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chad Kelly looks to be headed to Ole Miss after tweeting then deleting this...<a href="">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of your thoughts on the guy, he would have been the best QB on our roster day 1. And we REALLY could use a QB.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not upset about this one. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chad Kelly looks to be headed to Ole Miss after tweeting then deleting this...<a href="">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can he really not spell Rebel or is that some cool internet slang or something? Seems he might have been a better fit at UNC.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks about Sweat but expected. You all know my feelings on it. We won't land the top recruits until the program changes its recruiting strategy from the top down (or we clone more Fullers)

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know we don't have a great shot at Deberry. I guess the # of people in the next 2 tweets reflect that. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Great in home visit with <a href="">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Home visit with coaches Tressel, Burton, Head Coach Mark Dantonio of Michighan State University <a href="http://t.co/JfyhAuTjZE">pic.twitter.com/JfyhAuTjZE</a></p>&mdash; Rick DeBerry, Sr. (@DeBerryRick) <a href="">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The center from Salem has an offer from BYU. Are we recruiting that guy, and if not, why? Looks like we would make an effort to go after a kid like that in our backyard.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we don't have a great shot at Deberry. I guess the # of people in the next 2 tweets reflect that. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Great in home visit with <a href="">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Home visit with coaches Tressel, Burton, Head Coach Mark Dantonio of Michighan State University <a href="http://t.co/JfyhAuTjZE">pic.twitter.com/JfyhAuTjZE</a></p>&mdash; Rick DeBerry, Sr. (@DeBerryRick) <a href="">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You'd think VT would at least have their defensive coaches do an in home visit. Where the hell is Foster and Co?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'd think VT would at least have their defensive coaches do an in home visit. Where the hell is Foster and Co?

Shane might have made an extra visit and Bud will go down with Beamer since the HC only gets 1 in home visit. Oklahoma could be making 1 visit total and we could get 2 or 3 in home visits with different coach combinations since our guys can drive down to Richmond in a day. I wouldn't freak out over 2 days worth of tweets.