• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2015 Recruiting Target List

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Due to recent events I am not committed and my recruitment is still open. ��</p>&mdash; Houshun Gaines (@HZGduoUno) <a href="">October 5, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I just don't trust where this kid's head is. I prefer that we walk away from recruiting him.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShockwaveVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't trust where this kid's head is. I prefer that we walk away from recruiting him.

Because he was duped by someone impersonating a UF coach on twitter? :lol:

UF is obviously his #1 choice but if they don't offer, he's not going there. Our staff obviously thinks he's got potential in our system, so why back off?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he was duped by someone impersonating a UF coach on twitter? :lol:

UF is obviously his #1 choice but if they don't offer, he's not going there. Our staff obviously thinks he's got potential in our system, so why back off?

I think the comments he made about 'not being able to see himself at Tech if not for football' is more along the lines of what the OP was alluding to.

Also, as someone pointed out on 247, how bad does it suck for someone like Charlie Wiles, who has been traveling to NC to meet with this kid in person and see him play, only for him to 'commit' to some dude he thinks he's talking to via text and twitter. If I were Wiles, it would be tough for me to go out and put a bunch of effort back into his recruitment. The whole process of recruiting 15, 16, 17 year old kids has to be miserable at times.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We currently have 15 commits (not counting the 3 who are prepping form last years class). Could this tweet mean #16 is coming soon? I believe the last time this guy tweeted something like this, was when Arnold committed not long ago. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bye week, relentless recruiting… <a href="">October 6, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HokieNut20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly, but also Whit was quoted somewhere as having tried to get Metallica here to perform Enter Sandman live this year but they were booked. Wonder if that Sandman16 part is in regards to possibly them coming in 2016?

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Possibly, but also Whit was quoted somewhere as having tried to get Metallica here to perform Enter Sandman live this year but they were booked. Wonder if that Sandman16 part is in regards to possibly them coming in 2016?

Yeah I don't think it is what I originally thought. Just hoping, haha.

Looking at past posts with that hashtag it looks like it is just referring to the class of 2016.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bristol would be the place to do it.

Charlie Daniels or Bocephus can play Rocky Top...

ShockwaveVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the comments he made about 'not being able to see himself at Tech if not for football' is more along the lines of what the OP was alluding to.

Also, as someone pointed out on 247, how bad does it suck for someone like Charlie Wiles, who has been traveling to NC to meet with this kid in person and see him play, only for him to 'commit' to some dude he thinks he's talking to via text and twitter. If I were Wiles, it would be tough for me to go out and put a bunch of effort back into his recruitment. The whole process of recruiting 15, 16, 17 year old kids has to be miserable at times.

That's not how recruiting works though. Whether Wiles is pleased or not with Gaines' comments, if a player is reciprocating our staff's interest we continue to recruit them (and sometimes these days we continue even if the player is cool on us). The buzz all summer is that Gaines had a lot of interest in playing at VT, no reason for that to change just because he wants to commit to Florida. We don't have to be his dream school, we just have to be his favorite of the schools that actually offer him. I'm sure we'll hear more over the next few weeks about whether he's still interested in VT & vice-versa.
:noidea:

ShockwaveVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:omg:

That would be f'ing sweet.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="">October 8, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like it. Based on some twitter investigating. Hopefully it's something that can be forgiven.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it. Based on some twitter investigating. Hopefully it's something that can be forgiven.

What was the incident?....something that might get him kicked out of school?

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No idea. Hopefully it's being blown out of proportion.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
247 recruiting guru Tom Loy referring to UNC's chances of landing Jalen Dalton:

"Hearing that he could end it with his next visit to VT. There aren't a lot of confident people around the program with Dalton any longer. "50-50 shot" I'm told at best. This weekend's loss hurts."

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
247 recruiting guru Tom Loy referring to UNC's chances of landing Jalen Dalton:

"Hearing that he could end it with his next visit to VT. There aren't a lot of confident people around the program with Dalton any longer. "50-50 shot" I'm told at best. This weekend's loss hurts."

Sound pretty good, matches what social media and other sources have been saying lately. I won't get too excited until he actually signs, though.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Salem High RB Coleman Fox RT <a href="">October 11, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big guy a already. Hope we can pull him and the Thomas kid from Bama. That would be a decent OL pull for this class.