• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2015 Recruiting Target List

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave Stinespring a lot of (deserved) shit as an OC but if/when we shake the staff up, I'd like to see him retained as a recruiting coordinator or something. Him and Moorehead can stay in my book

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave Stinespring a lot of (deserved) shit as an OC but if/when we shake the staff up, I'd like to see him retained as a recruiting coordinator or something. Him and Moorehead can stay in my book

I agree! Nobody in that building works harder than him. He was a bad coordinator but as a position coach....well check out our TEs and Tackles the years he coached them.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we do but we may have some other big news sooner.

This guy seems to agree...<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Great start to the bye week, it's only going to get better! <a href="">November 3, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy seems to agree...<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Great start to the bye week, it's only going to get better! <a href="">November 3, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So who we expecting?....Dalton or someone else?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm calling it now. It's Toliver. #DBU! Yeah, so what if his LSU visit date is this week. Don't let facts get in the way!

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's the long-lost brother...Wendall Lyle Fuller? A 6-star CB that doesn't need safety help over the top. One can dream, right?

ShockwaveVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="">November 1, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hill transferred to another H.S. in the area, he is still on track to graduate and make it to VT in the summer of 2015 as planned.

ShockwaveVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who we expecting?....Dalton or someone else?

If he's implying there will be another flip (or flips) - I think it's either D. Taylor (DE from Hopewell committed to UTenn) or V. Alexander, (MLB from Jacksonville committed to UCLA).

Dalton wouldn't be a flip but there's a great chance he picks VT.
Also for the record I wouldn't count G. Taylor (DB from Richmond) as a flip either since he de-commited from Michigan w/o immediately committing elsewhere.

:noidea:

ShockwaveVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree! Nobody in that building works harder than him. He was a bad offensive coordinator but as a position coach....well check out our TEs and Tackles the years he coached them.

:fify:

^^ clarified a bit since he is current doing a great job as Recruiting Coordinator.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the ground we are making up wrt OLine recruiting. I think bringing in a minimum of 4 every year needs to be a goal.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
havent heard much about him in a good while ... but one would think that Clelin Ferrell is a possibility considering his affection for VT early on ... or FD3???

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the ground we are making up wrt OLine recruiting. I think bringing in a minimum of 4 every year needs to be a goal.

VT's official roster lists 20 O-linemen, which is a good number....but 10 of them are listed as FR or r-FR. I think 20 is the ideal number given attrition, injuries, time for the younger guys to develop and the fact that OL recruiting is a crapshoot. The main issue right now is that we are playing the younger guys. I think things have a chance to drastically improve if Searels sticks around and is given a chance.

BTW, why the heck is Jack Willenbrock still on the team.....243 lbs in his third year in Blacksburg?!??!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT's official roster lists 20 O-linemen, which is a good number....but 10 of them are listed as FR or r-FR. I think 20 is the ideal number given attrition, injuries, time for the younger guys to develop and the fact that OL recruiting is a crapshoot. The main issue right now is that we are playing the younger guys. I think things have a chance to drastically improve if Searels sticks around and is given a chance.

BTW, why the heck is Jack Willenbrock still on the team.....243 lbs in his third year in Blacksburg?!??!

Funny, Sparko's and I were just talking the other day about Willenbrock. While I appreciate CFB fir sticking with the scholarship, (He is on scholly right??) he would have politely been shown the door at an SEC program.

I imagine as soon as he gets his degree... That will happen.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if we have less than 6 OL in this class (including Smith)and we may have 7 and I am finnnne with that.

The 2015 List on page 1 needs to be updated. Austin Clark is back with the good guys!

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If things go perfectly, we could have 7 early enrollees in this class which is always nice