• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear and we are hoping he gets that VT offer but we are happy it looks like he will get a shot to play somewhere!

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks! Oh yeah two of the TB were from the 35 as we got penalized. Also, his punting average was about 35 but he had a couple of bad games punting which lowered his average. The Hampton game he had 5 punts with a 41 average and the Warwick game he had two punts with a 45.5 average.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the stats kickermom. Still hoping he get a VT offer!

They could sure use him on KO and FG. I am not sure we have a kicker on the roster who could get a KO to the goal line. Journell albeit quite accurate, has limited range as well. Is Dillon (still) a 50yd+ guy off the ground kickermom??? I thought you said awhile back he was making the transition to kicking off the ground earlier this year.

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, has still has plenty of range. He attempted a 65 yarder this year but heritage blocked it. We have no Oline. He was upset because he told me "Mom, I know I would have made it. He said a kicker knows when they hit it just right, how it comes off the foot, the timing, the strength of the kick. During every half time he would go out and kick 50s and 55s, but few opportunities arose in the games and when they did sometimes the coach elected to go for it on 4th down in stead of kicking. He kicked off the ground all year. All of his FGs were off the ground as well as the few PATs.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the update. I've been wondering as well. I'm less worried about punting, as we are doing ok there, but VT could certainly use more TBs and someone who can make long FGs.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
do you have any stats as far as % of kickoffs that were touchbacks .. FG percentage (of those that weren't blocked). I know that kickers aren't typically offered a scholly from the get go .. but they usually win a team a few games a year .. so we're all pulling for him.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if your coach doesn't have these stats, you should try to get the film for you and Dillon to get this info together. Put together a video if not done already and the stats. I gather that Dillon hasn't been to a lot of camps so doing this yourself (or getting help with it) and getting the stats/video to some programs would probably help a lot. Hopefully he'll become a Hokie ... but do your due diligence.

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Long story short - we lost our video guy last year - they had a student film this year. Huddle bill didn't get paid (I was told). Menchville has no stat person. The stats I have are from newspaper articles and being at the games. It's not the ideal situation at Menchville. I am still going to try and get copies of the dvds from this year and see if i can at least get accurate stats on TB percentage and FG percentages. I have no idea what the film looks like so it's hard to say what I will be able to pull from it.

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2012 All-Peninsula District Team
posted by Andy Hilton at 7:59pm on Nov 19th, 2012
No Comments post a comment

by Andy Hilton, recruit757

Heritage RB Khalid Abdullah (Photo: Andy Hilton/recruit757)
It should be no surprise that the All-District team was tough for Peninsula coaches to pick. After all, it was a haven for running backs. Beastly linemen and athletic defensive backs; there’s plenty of those too. The PD is a perfect example of the bevy of talent that flourishes in The 757. Take a look…

Offensive Player of the Year: Khalid Abdullah, Heritage

Defensive Player of the Year: Ricky Walker, Bethel

Division 6 Coach of the Year: Bubba Hooker, Bethel

Division 5 Coach of the Year: George Massenburg, Heritage

FIRST TEAM OFFENSE
QB: Deon Newsome, Hampton
RB: Khalid Abdullah, Heritage; Trenton Cannnon, Kecoughtan; Tony Pittman, Phoebus
WR: Trey Reed, Woodside; Demetree Harris, Warwick; Lawrence Williams, Kecoughtan
TE: Richie Staton, Phoebus
OL: Tyreek Bailey, Phoebus; Walt Brantley, Phoebus; Ricky Walker, Bethel; Troy Garrett, Hampton; Terrance Jones, Woodside
PK: Dillon Christopher, MenchvilleKR: Khalid Abdullah, Heritage
ATH: Josh Butler, Warwic

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hoos just fired their DC Jim Reid. He was head recruiter for Tim Harris. Any chance we jump at this?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this a few days ago and forgot to post it, but Moss received an offer from Michigan about a week ago. He is also getting interest from Alabama and FSU. He says he is probably going to take some visits.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I saw this a few days ago and forgot to post it, but Moss received an offer from Michigan about a week ago. He is also getting interest from Alabama and FSU. He says he is probably going to take some visits.

Great sign potential-wise if he sticks with us. Anyone know how solid he is? He did decommit once already, after all.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great sign potential-wise if he sticks with us. Anyone know how solid he is? He did decommit once already, after all.

I would consider him a soft commit. He says he is still committed and that he just wants to take officals to make sure....but we all know how that can go.
"I'm interested in Michigan, but then again, I am still committed to VT. Those were his exact words. I didn't even think Michigan had any room left in their class, but I guess they do since they are still putting out offers.

Kid also had 170 total tackles this past year :shocked:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would consider him a soft commit. He says he is still committed and that he just wants to take officals to make sure....but we all know how that can go.
"I'm interested in Michigan, but then again, I am still committed to VT. Those were his exact words. I didn't even think Michigan had any room left in their class, but I guess they do since they are still putting out offers.

How the heck does Michigan still have scholarships left? They were already at something like 20 commitments for 2013 12 months ago.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Seems solid right nw but he is a soft commit.