• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
thumbs_img_9543.jpg

Still dreaming...you never know what a difference a season can make.

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If anyone needs an afternoon pick-me-up, go check out the Teller conversation on TheSabre. Seems they're feeling as negatively about Teller, as we are positively.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thumbs_img_9543.jpg

Still dreaming...you never know what a difference a season can make.

I've been following Dillon's twitter since I learned about his kicking abilities, and I have to commend you on raising a great kid. He is respectful, doesn't talk trash or ebonics, and can accurately kick the hell out of the pigskin.

We are all proud of him.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but practically all of our possible commits are on board. After Teller decides there are really only 3-4 others

Pretty similar to last year. We had most people on board before season started. We will likely see random attrition as we do every year that will open up spots for this year or GS offers.

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been following Dillon's twitter since I learned about his kicking abilities, and I have to commend you on raising a great kid. He is respectful, doesn't talk trash or ebonics, and can accurately kick the hell out of the pigskin.

We are all proud of him.

Thanks! I have really stressed to him about not posting inappropriate stuff so I guess he is listening. It's good to know he is being respectful.

I see the pic isn't showing on my page (red x). Not sure if it is on yours (my work filters a lot of things). Anyway, a reporter was taking pictures at practice a couple of days ago of the team practicing and D happen to have on a VT shirt.

He is going to kick off the ground this year. After kicking off the ground this summer, he found it hard to go back to the tee and wasn't hitting the ball right, so he is back to the ground. It's better experience for college ball anyway.

Just wanted to pop in since I haven't been on here for a good minute. Looks like 2013 recruiting class is going to be awesome!

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't we move Teller to the OL if we get him? If he will be a good OT I think it will be worth it given the depth we have already at that position. This is all assuming he would still come here under that premise

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, dont even mention Teller and OL in the same sentence.

Second, he plays Tight End.

Third, dont even mention Teller and OL in the same sentence.
:boxing:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well I think he could be even better at OT. But it doesn't sound like what he wants to do especially if he's moving to TE on offense. I wouldn't care which he does as long as he chooses VT

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy is too much of a defensive monster to get placed on OL

Sean Finnerty told KEY PLAY this in May

Great footwork, very quick feet! I was his offensive line coach, and defensive end coach last year, so he's had me for three years. I think he can be a premier offensive tackle if that's what he ends up going to. I think there's a chance he could get moved from a d-end spot to an offensive tackle spot. If he's not able to slow down how much weight he gains, it might be the best thing that's ever happened to him.

Of course, its much easier and lots more fun to destroy plays than it is to create plays. If the kid wants D, give him D.

Otherwise, playing O should be on the table for sure.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be so much more helpful to the team, I really hope we at least present that to him if he doesn't have a strong preference for the defensive side. I'm just so worried about the depth. Here we have what I think will be a loaded defensive line, but questionable depth at best at OT going forward. And now we have a prospect that will be great on the line that might be able to be persuaded, and we just want to continue loading the defensive line? How much depth do we really need there?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he isn't playing OT, keep him on the DL. Don't use him at TE. We don't utilize TEs enough in our offense to move a 4* player there. DL depth is crucial for success on defense.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be so much more helpful to the team, I really hope we at least present that to him if he doesn't have a strong preference for the defensive side. I'm just so worried about the depth. Here we have what I think will be a loaded defensive line, but questionable depth at best at OT going forward. And now we have a prospect that will be great on the line that might be able to be persuaded, and we just want to continue loading the defensive line? How much depth do we really need there?

Playing the devils advocate, dynasties have a way of perpetuating themselves.

If we have a top 5 defense this year (or higher?), guys like Hand and Brown will be attracted, and thats when guys like Blanding are then presented with a dilemma, because VT becomes miss America all of a sudden.

Then the Offensive side begins to reap the benefits in recruiting, because everyone loves dynasties.

That's what the SEC does, load up on D, send them to the NFL, and reload.