• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer: If we pick wrong QB, I'll probably get fired

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they did have to get in all those interviews about the greatest play in NFL history......

That only lasted for two weeks since Foles squashed that play with his own:

bc-fbn-super-bowl-img-jpg.jpg
So far only the Eagles and the Giants have made NE cry and the Giants don't count because they're insufferable!

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far only the Eagles and the Giants have made NE cry and the Giants don't count because they're insufferable!
Yes! Vikings need to try and get the eagles backup (Wentz)

Born to run

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, it was a 50/50 deal.
Perhaps but I think Keenum did one hell of a job in Minnesota. Continuity is important in the NFL today and I think the Vikes will be better served sticking with him.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY ZIMMER!

fuc the rest of yer QBs on the team, trade em all, cept for Bradford and go get #14 off the Rams bench. then cruise to your 1st SB win next year…contract extension, mo money and you'll be a belicheck genius.

forward thinking here

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they did have to get in all those interviews about the greatest play in NFL history......

That only lasted for two weeks since Foles squashed that play with his own:

bc-fbn-super-bowl-img-jpg.jpg

Nobody likes a bully! :brick:

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His track record of QBs that he's signed, drafted, or traded for is AJ Feeley, Sage Rosenfels, Christian Ponder, Donovan McNabb (the fat, washed up version), Matt Cassel, Josh Freeman, Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford, and Case Keenum.

Not exactly a who's who of superstars.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the team that traded a first rounder for Sam Bradford. I am sure mistakes will be made.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is landing there, or Denver

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
State of the NFL head coaching carousel.

Vikes' Zimmer: Must pick right QB, or get fired

I think he's doomed either way.

Cousins...if they spend thru the moon ($28-$30 mil per) the window to win a SB is probably no wider than it is with Keenum. In '19, they have Barr, Floyd, Diggs, all coming up in FA, plus Kendricks, and Hunter.

They will lose several of those key players paying Cousins top dollar.

Cousins will put up good numbers over 16, but I'm not sure if he gets them any futher in Jan, especially if his cap hit makes it much harder to keep the good talent around him.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm not sure Sam Bradford ever really got a shot with the Vikings when they actually had a decent oline.

The issue here is that Keenum is the only guy that is reliably healthy. I personally would choose one of the other guys because I think they're better but with Keenum it gives you more reliability if you're trying to win with defense like the Jaguars with Bortles.
Sam Bradford hasn't enjoyed a solid o-line and/or solid WR play in his whole NFL career on any of the teams he's played for.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford hasn't enjoyed a solid o-line and/or solid WR play in his whole NFL career on any of the teams he's played for.
I guess that makes up for the ridiculous oline and supporting cast he had in college.

You get the feeling that Bradford is going to get kicked around the league for another couple of seasons and probably have another season ending injury somewhere then the Patriots are going to pick him up after Brady and find a way to win 13 games a season with Bradford getting MVP level play. Because there is no god.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that makes up for the ridiculous oline and supporting cast he had in college.

You get the feeling that Bradford is going to get kicked around the league for another couple of seasons and probably have another season ending injury somewhere then the Patriots are going to pick him up after Brady and find a way to win 13 games a season with Bradford getting MVP level play. Because there is no god.
I feel bad for him....but he's got more money than I can imagine. So...push?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not sure Keenum's the answer at QB in Minnesota, to me they should kick the tires on Kirk Cousins.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins is a good qb but he is also a system qb. In his years with the skins he always struggled to start the season and get in sync with his guys, and it took a long time for hos career to get started really in the first place.

Kirk Cousins would be a fairly big upgrade at qb for Minnesota but even with him under center they are going to have a tough time even just returning to the playoffs this year. Let alone winning a playoff game, which is of course more than kirk has ever done.

In the long term Kirk could be a very good solution. But in the short term if the vikings pursue him they should not have a high bar. No matter who the qb is, even if it were Tom Brady, the vikes will regress quite a bit this season because they weren't nearly as good as their record last year to begin with and now they have a tougher schedule and more pressure.

With that said they are a pretty charismatic and likable team and I hope whatever they do works out, their fans deserve it. But of course they're one of those teams that if they ever won the SB it would be a near-guarantee the apocalypse would be upon us.