• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

View from the Ox Box - Sabers 11/7

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings didn't have a very good start but Quick was on his game and kept it scoreless when the majority of the first period was spent down in the Kings zone. Could have been a little rusty with the 4 days off. Penalty kill looked like they had done some work though. But I agree with Puck's comment in the Game Day thread about taking the win with a grain of salt. It was Buffalo and they are at the bottom of the entire league and only have 3 wins total for the season so far. They most certainly look like they are in total "rebuild mode".

Toffoli looked the best he's looked during this callup. Every bit the same guy we were so impressed with last season On the other hand Vey looked very much like a young rookie in his first NHL game. Somewhat tentative but he also didn't make any glaring mistakes. A couple bad passes but nerves may have caused those. I wouldn't sit him down based on his performance were I the coach. Can't speak for what Sutter will do though. If Stoll is ready Saturday he'll most likely be back in though. And when Carter comes off IR I would expect Vey to be sent back to Manchester.

I did like the way they played during the second and third periods. They shut down the Sabers offense to almost a full stop and created several chances for themselves. Really happy that they kept the defense tight and got the shutout for Quick. He needed the confidence boost I think. A good solid victory over a team they should beat. Nothing close to a blowout but I never felt like the win was in danger once the Kings got the lead on that power play late in the first. Gotta have the same effort Saturday against Vancouver. Tortarella has had them playing well lately plus they're a much more talented team than Buffalo.

Ox

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good effort last night, I'd call it a tune-up for the game on Saturday night - they need to be at their best against the Canucks - very tough team to play against, they just won in San Jose(one of the toughest places to win a road game), so Kings will need to be on their a-game

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo just won in San Jose too...