• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

View from the Ox Box - Oilers 10/27

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Kings got me the win for my birthday but they sure made it harder than it had to be. 48 shots against the team that has given up the most goals in the league and they can only net a single goal? And it wasn't like Bachman stood on his head either. Just about every one of those 48 shots were one and done. He was giving up rebounds like crazy but the Kings weren't driving to the front to get in position to get to those rebounds and get a second chance on him. Save for the one time that Richards got the rebound and put it in upstairs over his shoulder.

Add to that the fact that the Kings power play made the Oilers penalty kill unit look unbeatable. Far too many passed up shots to make that "one more pass" to get the pretty goal only to see the pass get blocked and sent up the ice over the blue line. Absolutely horrible execution with the man advantage.

I thought the refereeing was inconsistent at best. Through the first 2 periods they called a lot of iffy stuff. Then in the third it was the old "let 'em play" because it's the 3rd period rule book. Worst stuff (on both sides) was let go than they called the first 2 periods combined. The too many men on the ice penalty was pretty much an automatic call and they could hardly let it go but I'm not too sure about the late interference call on Carter. I didn't see the entire play so I don't know if Carter hit the Oiler (didn't catch his number) prior to him tripping over the faceoff dot and falling to the ice but he for certain he wasn't the reason the Oiler player fell. In fact Carter was back against the boards when the guy fell in the faceoff circle. He could have interfered prior to that I guess so I'll hold my opinion of that call.

Ox

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings did enough to get the victory which is what matters at the end of the night - I thought Quick was stellar and made some big saves when they needed him to - obviously I wish they would have gotten a few more goals past Bachman but hey, sometimes a goalie is hot and has your number

Kings got 6 out of 8 points in these last three home games, I'll take it - tough back to back now coming up at Phoenix and against San Jose

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad they got you the win Ox, always a nice birthday present. Posted on your FB page, but not sure how often you check that. My money was on you golfing.

My favorite one was when J-Blow was traded on my birthday back in 2008, can't beat that.

=)~~

Wish the Kings would clamp down and get it done in regulation or OT though - my usual and biggest complaint this season.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Glad they got you the win Ox, always a nice birthday present. Posted on your FB page, but not sure how often you check that. My money was on you golfing.

My favorite one was when J-Blow was traded on my birthday back in 2008, can't beat that.

=)~~

Wish the Kings would clamp down and get it done in regulation or OT though - my usual and biggest complaint this season.

:agree:

Happy Belated Birthday Ox and agree Puck, need to stop letting teams stay in games. All it takes is one shot or one deflection (especially in OT) and that game becomes a wasted effort for the Kings.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
One more thing, I saw the Oilers move the puck well in the offensive zone on the power play. Something I would hope the Kings would start to implement. Kings looked flat on the PP and had no idea what they were doing.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have always played down to their opponent, and then rise to play the better teams. Sharks game coming is going to be a good measuring stick type game.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kings have always played down to their opponent, and then rise to play the better teams. Sharks game coming is going to be a good measuring stick type game.

Yea, SJ has been on a roll and it's coming off a back to back. I wonder if they will play Quick both games (Phx, SJ) or Scrivens in one. I would say play Scrivens in Phx

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, SJ has been on a roll and it's coming off a back to back. I wonder if they will play Quick both games (Phx, SJ) or Scrivens in one. I would say play Scrivens in Phx
I kinda think Quick is going to play both - they have two days off after this back to back