• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

View from the Ox Box - Columbus 10/26

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another lackluster start by the Kings but they got it going in the 2nd period. Sutter must have given them that bitter beer face silent treatment during the first intermission. Didn't like the quick goal after going up by 3-1 late in the 2nd period but I'm getting kind of used to that. Our Kings seems to do that a lot and far too often for my liking.

3rd period was much more like Kings hockey although some of that could have been helped by the Blue Jackets substandard effort especially after Foligno was injured running into the linesman. That was a scary few minutes until they got him off the ice. It didn't look good but a late report out of the Columbus dressing room from the coach said he was awake, alert, moving and was going to make the trip back home with the team. Good for him. I was proud of the fans reaction at the game. They were silent and respectful during the procedure to get him up onto the stretcher. Plus they gave him a nice round of applause as he was rolled off the ice. Far too often in the past some of our fans would have booed and yelled at him to get up and quit faking it. Not today. Way to show some class Kings fans.

After that though the Jackets seemed a lot less aggressive and the Kings took it to them. Super home stand. Kind of surprised to hear it was the best in team history. Never swept a home stand that long before. Gotta keep up the strong play though. This isn't going to be an easy road trip by any means. Philly, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Carolina and Dallas. Philly and Carolina should be the easier games but Pittsburgh and Detroit back-to-back is a tough pair of games and then Dallas for the last game before heading home can turn out to be a bad one.

No late news on Kopitar. All Nick and Daryl knew was that it was an upper body injury. No news on whether or not he be going on the trip. They did report that both Lewis and Gaborik are making the trip with the team but no news on how soon either would be ready to play. That is encouraging.

Ox