• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Victor Transfers

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else think this is a byproduct of Miller not playing deep into his bench? I know that Jerrett also left because of some political shit between Miler and his former coach, but there were elements of no PT that led to his flight, and Chol's. Now Victor. And then someone gets hurt, and we come up short for a replacement.

I know that Ristic is doing well (better than I expected), but is he our only answer if anything happens to either BAsh or Zeus? Slide Rondae or SJ over? I don't know. Victor's FG% and ppg/mpg are very solid. I'm not saying he was a monster on defense but he had a good line, overall.

Maybe I'm overreacting. This was just the first Miller year that I felt good about the end of our bench, and then another guy bails early. It's like every year a big bails. I'm not saying that anything is at a critical point, but we might be an injury away from it (imagine if even Ristic got injured). And yet our guy for getting us through that is on the next bus leaving town.

Or, is this a byproduct of having one-and-done players that just naturally pushes more traditional four-year players out? Every year, as they work their asses off, they know they'll have to compete with returning players and new talent. Is this just Victor seeing the writing on the wall for next year, competing with Ristic, Ray Smith, Chase Comanche, whoever else Miller gets, and even the possibility of Bash or Zeus staying (probably Zeus)?

I don't know. I just don't like players transferring. It doesn't look good, and it takes up a jersey for someone who will stay and develop.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think AZ is running into a "quality problem" with being an elite program. Most teams are lucky to get one or two elite recruits, but Miller can have them lining up on the bench. The problem is these are guys that can go start elsewhere and I think once they realize they aren't going to be main players in AZ, they get conflicted.

This stuff is just going to keep happening as long as the Cats are one of the best.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think sean miller has done a much better job of playing his bench more often this season than any other season at Arizona. From everything I've read on the transfer, it basically comes down to playing time. But I mean come on man, you're a freshman on a elite team! Suck it up and put in the time like Gabe york did. I was actually pretty excited to watch this kid develop over the next couple years but we won't get to see that now. The only thing that im confused about is why he didn't stick it out till the end of the season? Maybe something more is going on? Or just wanted to cut ties now rather than later.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Miller has done very well going into his bench this year. Obviously he is going to play the guys he trusts more minutes, and we are not privy to what goes on behind the scenes during practice. It is very likely that Victor has the skill to play 10-15 minutes right now, but does not grasp the defensive/offensive rotations atm. From the time that he was on the court this year, my observation was that he played very hard, but was often times lost as to where he was supposed to be on the court.

If I had to guess CTP, the reason why he is transferring is because he has to guard Ryan Anderson every day in practice and he knows that regardless of who stays from the current active roster, he is aware that Anderson is legit... He will be the starting PF next year IMO, and if not he will get heavy minutes in the frontcourt as a 4 year experienced player, the type of guy Miller loves.

Also, the timing is a bit odd in that Ivan Rabb had his official visit during the asu game and a few days later Victor decides to transfer... so... who knows, maybe Victor got the impression that Rabb is coming in too, which would put him behind yet another player at PF.

Craig Victor is a good player, would be a great 3-4 year type of guy to keep some continuity in the program and I wish him the best in the future... and... clearly he either A: wants to play heavy minutes this very second, or B: sees the writing on the wall that he won't get many more next year... or both.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) He committed before the Ashley injury. Thought BA would be in the NBA for his frosh year.

2) Rode it out, but then saw the big picture when he wasn't getting time this year...

Anderson will start at the 4 next year most likely with TJ Leaf coming in the year after. There was simply no room for him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that 4 star recruits are having to transfer because of stiff competition for playing time in the future is a good problem to have! Miller is on a roll.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He pulled a Chol and went to his hometown team. Called that the second I heard the news.