• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC QB Sam Darnold wins 2016 MVP Archie Griffin award

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were redshirt freshmen. Is Darnold a true freshman?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt write the dam article lol. I know Winston won it.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt write the dam article lol. I know Winston won it.
Yeah. You said he was the first freshman to win it, which is obviously wrong.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I quoted the article. I'm not an expert on who won awards. That's what it said. lol .Fuck you guys are an odd bunch. Dude wins the award and this is what you get out of it.lol

"
Sam Darnold took home the Archie Griffin Award as the MVP of the 2016 college football season, becoming the first freshman to ever win the award."

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol They were saying the same thing on the radio yesterday that Darnold was the first freshman to win it. Obviously, he's not. Even it the author of the article thought he was a true freshman, he's still wrong because Darnold is a redshirt freshman.

Still, pretty darn cool that he won it, especially after not starting the first 3 games of the season.

Hey!! Maybe the author meant..."first freshman to win it after not starting the first 3 games of the season"?:noidea:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quoted the article. I'm not an expert on who won awards. That's what it said. lol .Fuck you guys are an odd bunch. Dude wins the award and this is what you get out of it.lol

"
Sam Darnold took home the Archie Griffin Award as the MVP of the 2016 college football season, becoming the first freshman to ever win the award."
Welcome to the CFB forum.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol They were saying the same thing on the radio yesterday that Darnold was the first freshman to win it. Obviously, he's not. Even it the author of the article thought he was a true freshman, he's still wrong because Darnold is a redshirt freshman.

Still, pretty darn cool that he won it, especially after not starting the first 3 games of the season.

Hey!! Maybe the author meant..."first freshman to win it after not starting the first 3 games of the season"?:noidea:

he's still 19 years old so pretty young. I think Jimmy Clausen was still in High School at 19.
Oh and thanks for the rainbow B dub. Are you inviting me to a parade you're attending? lol

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's still 19 years old so pretty young. I think Jimmy Clausen was still in High School at 19.
Oh and thanks for the rainbow B dub. Are you inviting me to a parade you're attending? lol

Jimmy Clausen is scum, though most of it is on his parents. What kind of scumbag parents hold a kid back TWO YEARS for ATHLETIC purposes.

You are right Clausen Graduated from High School at the age of 19. He was 20 before he took ONE snap as a true freshman in college.

I had to coach the middle school team he played for right after he left. The amount of heat I had because of him and his parents was unbelievable.

But that is not even the worst. That Middle school is one of the best in the Entire Country for preparing students. His parents would pay for good athletes to go to that school. One of them got hurt and decide to concentrate on school, the Clausens pulled his Funding the Second he could not prop up their son.........

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Clausen is scum, though most of it is on his parents. What kind of scumbag parents hold a kid back TWO YEARS for ATHLETIC purposes.

You are right Clausen Graduated from High School at the age of 19. He was 20 before he took ONE snap as a true freshman in college.

I had to coach the middle school team he played for right after he left. The amount of heat I had because of him and his parents was unbelievable.

But that is not even the worst. That Middle school is one of the best in the Entire Country for preparing students. His parents would pay for good athletes to go to that school. One of them got hurt and decide to concentrate on school, the Clausens pulled his Funding the Second he could not prop up their son.........

lol. My old high school played Oaks Christian back then and still does so I heard the stories about the Clausens.
Darnold will be playing as a redshirt Soph ( so basically his third year at USC) when hes the age Clausen was as true freshman. Can you Imagine Darnold playing as a high school senior this year? LOL

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You must excuse them all. What your witnessing is the "great blur of reality" aka when everyone in LA jumps back on the USC bandwagon. The media proceeds to provide them hysteria levels of coverage and it always goes to their heads. Like an erection lasting more than 4 hours.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must excuse them all. What your witnessing is the "great blur of reality" aka when everyone in LA jumps back on the USC bandwagon. The media proceeds to provide them hysteria levels of coverage and it always goes to their heads. Like an erection lasting more than 4 hours.

Pretty sure all of us USC fans here posting are long long time (John Robinsons first year for me) fans. So you're way off. It was an article about Darnold winning an award and who ever wrote the article had an error in it and I just quoted it not knowing the error. Insecure much? .

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats funny is A Husky fan created a thread "What other three teams are joining Washington in the playoffs next year". But I'm somehow out of line because I post an article about Sam Darnold winning College MVP for 2016. Bizzaro world. lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats funny is A Husky fan created a thread "What other three teams are joining Washington in the playoffs next year". But I'm somehow out of line because I post an article about Sam Darnold winning College MVP for 2016. Bizzaro world. lol

Them Huskies be a little salty. lol