• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: USA vs. Slovakia 7:30AM EST

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine that Slovakia is this bad, with the guys they have on that team(Big Z, Hossa, Mesz, Sekera, Halak just to name a few) - but I think USA is really good and a lot of that has to do with Jonathan Quick in net - I think he's such a calming influence and the guys in front of him know that in big games he won't give up many so it helps them play their game - and the one thing I noticed with USA today is that they didn't really have any jitters, they were calm from the very beginning - it was clear in the Canada game that Canada had some jitters early on

Canada has all the pressure on them to win the Gold. Team USA has nothing to lose as far as I'm concerned since there's been a lot of talk about some of the guys they left home. Goaltending is the teams biggest strength.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canada has all the pressure on them to win the Gold. Team USA has nothing to lose as far as I'm concerned since there's been a lot of talk about some of the guys they left home. Goaltending is the teams biggest strength.

Carey Price did his job today but it just seemed like he was a little nervous - I wonder if his nervousness made the rest of the team that way or it was just a combination

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carey Price did his job today but it just seemed like he was a little nervous - I wonder if his nervousness made the rest of the team that way or it was just a combination

One thing to keep in mind is Canada considers hockey THEIR sport. If they don't win the Gold it would be DEVASTATING. I watched the Czech Republic vs Canada Shootout the other day. Hasek stoning the Canadians & Robert Reichel scoring the only goal. It was an epic upset. Gretzky CRIED.:laugh3:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to keep in mind is Canada considers hockey THEIR sport. If they don't win the Gold it would be DEVASTATING. I watched the Czech Republic vs Canada Shootout the other day. Hasek stoning the Canadians & Robert Reichel scoring the only goal. It was an epic upset. Gretzky CRIED.:laugh3:

Only big goal Reichel scored in his entire career...Had the winner in '94 against the Canucks and shot it right at Kirk McLean.

/Okay, I might have made up the shot it right at him part :D

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, while it's true there is pressure on Canada to win gold, I think the most pressure is on Russia to win this tourney.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, the two teams with the most pressure (of the favorites) played the questionable games.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, the two teams with the most pressure (of the favorites) played the questionable games.

Meh, first game of the tournament; they'll have time to round into form if needed.

Hell, we beat Canada in the round robin last time, and it didn't do much for us.