• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: URI @ AZ

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO there are 5 guys who will most definitely see time in the NBA on this team: Bunnies, Gordon, Ashley, Tarc and RHJ. McConnell has great court vision, but he isn't tall enough for his lack of quickness. York could make it, but only time will tell, depends on his growth physically and mentally.

There is no doubt that Nick Johnson has all the tools to be a solid NBA player, even if it's the 7th or 8th guy off the bench. Just depends on how much he improves his J and his handles over the next year, or two.

If he lives up to his defensive potential he could start like a Tony Allen or Thabo Sefolisha but yea will definately play at the next level starting or even off the bench just wont be a scorer. But yea McConnell can make the NBA since Phil Pressey made it, and TJ has some more potential left. AG easily could be a superstar cant wait until he takes it to Blake Griffin. Fucking hate Blake.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real interested in seeing UA play UNLV after the NIT.. That team is better than 2-2 I'll tell you that.. They're young and learning. Been in their house many times and it's a tough place to play. In fact, last time UA was there I was there in ASU gear.. Some drunk idiot UA fan threw a beer at me and before I got to him he got kicked out.. Some ppl can't handle Vegas, rookie. Regardless, watched you guys get destroyed and loved every minute of it..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real interested in seeing UA play UNLV after the NIT.. That team is better than 2-2 I'll tell you that.. They're young and learning. Been in their house many times and it's a tough place to play. In fact, last time UA was there I was there in ASU gear.. Some drunk idiot UA fan threw a beer at me and before I got to him he got kicked out.. Some ppl can't handle Vegas, rookie. Regardless, watched you guys get destroyed and loved every minute of it..

Translation: "I saw you guys play the last few nights and I am scared as hell for the devils to play you."

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uofa will blow us out unless Shaq and Gilling get it together. Our forwards are garbage. I dont know what to expect from Brandon Kearney but I know hes a solid player who can defend a little bit like Felix. Yea our forwards are a mess.

And Uofas back court wont give up 60 points to its opposing back court. Need a forward to step up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mistake the uber-hype-machine of ESPN for what is in Gordon's mind. He is a team-first guy. He is never going to average more than 12-14 points on a team this deep and talented.

ESPN wants to make this whole season about the Freshmen, because they think that will drive ratings. But that is not what drives Gordon. He is the type of guy who could get 5 points and 8 boards and be happy, so long as the team got the W.

He definitely has a great attitude about the game. The hardest worker I hear too. It would be nice to see him develop a strong chemistry with his teammates to the point that it pushes him to stay another year. Sadly, I am about 90% positive he will be gone. The 10% is a hope that his three point shot doesn't develop the way he hopes and decides to develop another year at Arizona.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: "I saw you guys play the last few nights and I am scared as hell for the devils to play you."

Basketball just passes the time for me.. But I am one of those rare ASU fans that does pay some attention. UA is good this year. Hope we can split. But need to play better than we did tonight. Hope you guys take that next step and become "elite" the PAC needs that. It helps us too. Just pray ASu doesn't continue heavily investing in basketball. It'd be sad if we were better in all 3.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball just passes the time for me.. But I am one of those rare ASU fans that does pay some attention. UA is good this year. Hope we can split. But need to play better than we did tonight. Hope you guys take that next step and become "elite" the PAC needs that. It helps us too. Just pray ASu doesn't continue heavily investing in basketball. It'd be sad if we were better in all 3.

We need to get rid of Herb and there fan base is so tied to basketball............. And they didnt shit the bed like we did post Kush era in football. They learned from our mistakes post Lute era. Hired a couple of interm coaches until they could find the right guy in Sean Miller.

I hope we become good at basketball. But with Herb coaching I dont see it. And yes need to win at least one vs Uofa so Jahii can leave a legacy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely has a great attitude about the game. The hardest worker I hear too. It would be nice to see him develop a strong chemistry with his teammates to the point that it pushes him to stay another year. Sadly, I am about 90% positive he will be gone. The 10% is a hope that his three point shot doesn't develop the way he hopes and decides to develop another year at Arizona.

The thing is... it has nothing to do with improvement when it comes to the draft, it is all about potential. If a guy is guaranteed to be a top-5 pick, (or even a top-10 pick) based on potential then he has to go. This is because of the salary structure in place. You have to get to the league to start your professional clock. Players don't make real (relative to pro-sports) money until their second and third contracts, which means, their 5th-10th years in the league.

The sooner you get to the NBA the richer you can be by the time you are retired. That is the system they put in place with the Kevin Garnett rule. It is stupid, and it is just business. You work the system as it is set up.

Only 1% of players guaranteed to be a top-10 pick come back to school (ie: Marcus Smart from OKST). I would love to see Gordon on campus for as long as possible, but it is highly unlikely he is in Tucson in 2014-15

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uofa will blow us out unless Shaq and Gilling get it together. Our forwards are garbage. I dont know what to expect from Brandon Kearney but I know hes a solid player who can defend a little bit like Felix. Yea our forwards are a mess.

And Uofas back court wont give up 60 points to its opposing back court. Need a forward to step up.

Asu goes as far as Carson goes. I see the bunnies and McGeneral putting on the clamps defensively. Just not enough talent to compete with Arizona the whole forty minutes in my opinion. But that hasn't stopped Asu from playing competitively against us the last few years

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU will never be an elite team as long as UofA is around. UA lands anyone they want from the west coast and ASU is usually left with UofA's, UCLA's, and Oregon's sloppy seconds in recruiting.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU will never be an elite team as long as UofA is around. UA lands anyone they want from the west coast and ASU is usually left with UofA's, UCLA's, and Oregon's sloppy seconds in recruiting.

We will take your left overs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again with the "elite" nonsense. Arizona, by every measurable metric, is one of the top-10 programs of the last 50 years, of the modern era of college basketball. They have nothing to prove, especially to a casual fan who is just passing the time between disappointing finishes in asu baseball and football.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asu goes as far as Carson goes. I see the bunnies and McGeneral putting on the clamps defensively. Just not enough talent to compete with Arizona the whole forty minutes in my opinion. But that hasn't stopped Asu from playing competitively against us the last few years

Marshall is much better than Evan but yea the back court will play its part Jahii especially. Bach is better than last year. Gilling needs to become the shooter we all know he can, and if Brandon Kearney comes and plays solid we can compete.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again with the "elite" nonsense. Arizona, by every measurable metric, is one of the top-10 programs of the last 50 years, of the modern era of college basketball. They have nothing to prove, especially to a casual fan who is just passing the time between disappointing finishes in baseball and football.

Dont listen to WhoDat I like him but he gets annoying when he talks about Uofa.

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is... it has nothing to do with improvement when it comes to the draft, it is all about potential. If a guy is guaranteed to be a top-5 pick, (or even a top-10 pick) based on potential then he has to go. This is because of the salary structure in place. You have to get to the league to start your professional clock. Players don't make real (relative to pro-sports) money until their second and third contracts, which means, their 5th-10th years in the league.

The sooner you get to the NBA the richer you can be by the time you are retired. That is the system they put in place with the Kevin Garnett rule. It is stupid, and it is just business. You work the system as it is set up.

Only 1% of players guaranteed to be a top-10 pick come back to school (ie: Marcus Smart from OKST). I would love to see Gordon on campus for as long as possible, but it is highly unlikely he is in Tucson in 2014-15

Agreed. The only way I see it happening is if the bond is too strong with his fellow teammates and he wants to come back for personal reasons. Who knows maybe Aaron will think that he will be rich someday regardless of how long he stays in college and no matter how fast he starts his nba clock. I'll be happy for him regardless though.

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I know but its just funny. Even as an ASU fan im laughing at "Uofa better hope ASU doesn't become elite in basketball" Come on WhoDat! :laugh3:

Just become a U of A fan already. There is nothing wrong with changing teams or your mind. We have that right. We all make mistakes man

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We just landed the home of the USA Men's basketball facility on Campus. Will have two top-10 draft picks in the last 5 years. Have NBA connections through staff members. Will soon renovate our stadium. Have one of the best strength and conditioning coaches in the nation. Have a huge geographic recruiting base. Have every amenity a young kid could want. If you were a HS kid would you want to practice with Kobe, James, Paul? Play under someone that knows what it takes at the next level from personal expierence? And live in on of the best social atmospheres in the world? ASU was investing heavily in BB under Patterson. We'll see what the next AD brings. But we are on track to have a very competitive team.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just landed the home of the USA Men's basketball facility on Campus. Will have two top-10 draft picks in the last 5 years. Have NBA connections through staff members. Will soon renovate our stadium. Have one of the best strength and conditioning coaches in the nation. Have a huge geographic recruiting base. Have every amenity a young kid could want. If you were a HS kid would you want to practice with Kobe, James, Paul? Play under someone that knows what it takes at the next level from personal expierence? And live in on of the best social atmospheres in the world? ASU was investing heavily in BB under Patterson. We'll see what the next AD brings. But we are on track to have a very competitive team.

Maybe we will become a program that is consistently good but that is when Herb goes and we get a solid replacement, but we wont be dominate like them.