• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer...

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Night Shift threads only get locked these days so @gobigred can have something to do as a mod.

Just a booster for his self-esteem.

94dd9754-b110-43aa-a74e-7a7cddba03e7_text.gif

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The woman might be nuts the husband might be an asshole but Urban could have handled it better and he wouldn't be in this situation. Do we just blame the wife? Just the husband? Or Urban for not seeing this situation could bite him in the ass?

I don't have all the details, so I'm not blaming anyone at this point.

Of course Meyer would be in better shape right now if he'd have fired Smith years ago. However, I understand that sometimes personal relationships lead people to make decisions that might not be in their best interests. This could potentially be one of those times. I don't know.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says a fan of the team that gave a redshirt scholarship to a guy they actually saw pummel a woman.

lolz
So...you're saying a fitting punishment would be Urban having to sit out a year?

Sounds reasonable.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course Meyer would be in better shape right now if he'd have fired Smith years ago. However, I understand that sometimes personal relationships lead people to make decisions that might not be in their best interests. This could potentially be one of those times. I don't know.
Kind of like our association with @atro?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would think that if there was paperwork that Urban did in some instances tried to help out the coach with this the school would have that recorded somewhere. I assume they don't want to fire Urban so it's odd that hasn't been shown. I mean doesn't everyone in those kinda jobs have evaluations? If Urban was at least covering his ass there would be paperwork (maybe there is) where he talked to the husband and said hey we cant have this here.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that if there was paperwork that Urban did in some instances tried to help out the coach with this the school would have that recorded somewhere. I assume they don't want to fire Urban so it's odd that hasn't been shown. I mean doesn't everyone in those kinda jobs have evaluations? If Urban was at least covering his ass there would be paperwork (maybe there is) where he talked to the husband and said hey we cant have this here.
I doubt there would be paperwork documenting conversations between Meyer and an assistant coach regarding domestic issues. I would hope there would be paperwork about him notifying someone within the administration like what was done in 2009

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alright. This is the last time I'm going to respond to things that you're assuming.

It is possible that he reported it, there is record of it, but because the public perception is "Urban Meyer harbored a wife beater," the university isn't all gung-ho to stick its head out and say, "hey guys, no, you've got it wrong, it was US that harbored the wife beater!"

I'm not saying that's what is happening, but it's certainly possible. WE DON'T KNOW.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I about there would be paperwork documenting conversations between Meyer and an assistant coach regarding domestic issues. I would hope there would be paperwork about him notifying someone within the administration like what was done in 2009

I agree, but I'm also not clear that there was actual domestic violence that Meyer was aware of beyond the 2009 incident.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We know chicks are gonna be crazy. But be a man and not beat your pregnant wife.

Urbs should have left his ass in florida

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I'm also not clear that there was actual domestic violence that Meyer was aware of beyond the 2009 incident.
More specifically, what I should have said was that if there was an actual event, then any documentation would likely be in the form of an administrative report.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"could." Welp, that settles it. He gone. Or not. But he probably could possibly be. Unless he's not.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know chicks are gonna be crazy. But be a man and not beat your pregnant wife.

Urbs should have left his ass in florida
Should, woulda, coulda's are easy to say at this point. But I think we can all agree that good or bad, Meyer felt some loyalty to this guy