• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Upton Trade

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on the trade thus far? Food for thought:

Martin Prado: AVG .284 OBP .337 HR 13 RBI 71
Justin Upton: AVG .265 OBP .358 HR 24 RBI 64

Less we forget we also got Randall Delgado and a few other pieces. I'd say KT is not looking too silly on the trade so far.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's been a good trade for us. I don't think Upton would have the April he had with Atlanta if he stayed in Arizona. He needed a change of scenery pretty badly. Chris Johnson has been very solid for ATL as well, but you also have to factor in the production that Uptons replacement in the OF has had as well. Parra has essentially been his replacement in right field, he was supposed to start off the season as the 4th OF.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although his average has come down over the season, CJ is still having a very good season with the bat. It's almost like he made a deal with the devil & traded some of his "pop" for 40 points in his average. He is still TURRIBLE in the field.

Like I said at he start of the season, good trade for both teams, but in 2-3 years, the Dbacks likely will be the clear winner of this trade.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do this trade all day everyday if I had to make the choice. Prado's attitude compared to Upton's is so much better. I said awhile back I stopped even comparing everyone's numbers in this trade, because just watching Prado play the game makes me like this trade.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Diamondbacks win this trade in the long run. Prado has been amazing (he'll probably finish the season hitting close to .300 after he spent half of the season hovering around .250), Delgado has been solid, and Spruill looks like he has a good future.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upton has had hand issues that hes going to eventually need surgery on this trade was a steal. Prado is less injury proned and has a better head on his shoulders.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upton was red hot and then Upton got hurt had to sit out then got hurt again last night im thinking Upton is becoming injury prone. This was a great trade for us. And if he ever develops in Atlanta its not like he was going to develop here so its a win for us. Prado is a more consistent player as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on the trade thus far? Food for thought:

Martin Prado: AVG .284 OBP .337 HR 13 RBI 71
Justin Upton: AVG .265 OBP .358 HR 24 RBI 64

Less we forget we also got Randall Delgado and a few other pieces. I'd say KT is not looking too silly on the trade so far.

I thought the deal was a win for us knowing that prado is one of the most clutch players in the league. I did not realize he was such a character guy. No wonder why braves fans were upset to see him leave. Del gato will be a good 4/5 and spruill will eventually be a bullpen guy(even though he could project as a starter).

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the deal was a win for us knowing that prado is one of the most clutch players in the league. I did not realize he was such a character guy. No wonder why braves fans were upset to see him leave. Del gato will be a good 4/5 and spruill will eventually be a bullpen guy(even though he could project as a starter).

Prado is a great guy/attitude. Uptons not a bad guys I just hate his attitude it seems like hes a way better fit in Atlanta he looks like he has more friends and his attitude is a bit better because of it.