• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Upcoming schedule info...WVU adds Youngstown ST

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gah... We keep adding really good FCS schools... I hate that! I'd rather play a MAC or Sunbelt team. ..

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, never really understand why they don't go that route. At least they are the best of the lower divisions, not that it matters.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a good day to do some fishing

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, never really understand why they don't go that route. At least they are the best of the lower divisions, not that it matters.
The thing is, an FCS school is an FCS school. Why schedule an FCS team that is probably one of the 50 best teams in division 1? You're just asking to lose a game that is going to kill you in perception. Look at Kansas State and them losing, at home, to a FCS school... No one cares that it was a really good FCS team, just that they're FCS.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck said just a month or so ago that WVU was going to play an NFL style schedule...........

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like there was or is a way to get PITT back on the schedule??:scratch:

Both sides need to want it, I believe both schools are missing a opportunity by not playing this game, what better why to start off rivalry week with the backyard brawl on Thanksgiving Day? Hopefully one day it comes back, the excuse for conference realignment is a joke, many other schools have kept the rivalry game alive and well and play in different conf's.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck said just a month or so ago that WVU was going to play an NFL style schedule...........

This is true. However, I think the SEC created a 'Wag the Dog' type moment for college football. With the 4 team playoff starting up, many of the so-called experts expected the Power 5 to strengthen their SOS in unison. Many thought we'd see an end to games against FCS schools and lower FBS level schools as a result.

But, during the SEC media days... Slive announced the SEC would stay at 8 IC games, and teams from their conference have clearly kept FCS teams on their future schedules. Slive stated he wanted each SEC school to schedule at least one OOC game against a Power 5 school. That only gets them to 9 games against Power 5 level schools.

WVU plays at least 10 Power 5 schools through the near future.

Luck is a genius...