• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unopened Letter Found Behind Alex Smith's Locker

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TheNinerMind Post #1: Jan 09, 20:43:56 Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 2148

Alex Smith cleaned out his locker last week. I'm sure he was as glad to be free of us as we are with him. But just reported was this letter that was found wedged between the wood and the concrete. Apparently, back in 2005 when his his fan mail was slowly turned to hate mail Alex stopped reading the letters and allowed a staffer to answer them. This letter was one of the last to reach Alex, but it somehow got buried under garbage and eventually shoved away until just now. The following is the text from that letter:

December 25, 2005

Dear Alex,

Merry Christmas! I hope you had a great Christmas and got everything you wanted. Congratulations yesterday on getting your second win as a 49er against the Rams. I know once Mike Nolan let's you loose, you'll be throwing for 300 yards every week! But I'll take it. Christmas was very good for me! I got a brand new HD DVD player, and I'm preordering my 2005 49ers yearbook DVD. It will be fun to look back on your days when your were just learning when you're making your annual trip to the pro bowl!

Good luck this week against Houston. I'll share with you a secret, though. I'm hoping you'll play your heart out, but lose the game so we can draft your old high school teammate, Reggie Bush. Could he change direction in midair back then? I can't believe all these news stories about Reggie getting help from boosters. Oh well. He won the Heisman. They can never take that away from him. It'll be so great when we draft Reggie for you. We'll have the best quarterback in football, the best running back in football, and the best wide receiver in football (Reggie being both of the last two).

I hope this isn't too forward, but I'd like to meet. I've bought plane tickets to get to the NFL draft in Radio City Music Hall in New York. I know that after we take the loss this week against Houston you'll want to go there to meet your new #1 weapon, the best young prospect ever to hit the NFL. You don't have to answer my letter, but I'll be waiting for you at the top of the Empire State Building at 8PM the night of the draft. Meet me there. You'll know me because I'll be carrying 49 red roses. I so hope you'll be there! If you didn't, I'd...I'd... I'd terrorize the ESPN Message Boards for the next ten years talking about nothing but you! But I know that won't happen. You're the best!

Waiting for you,

Cameron "Caz" Isaacs, class of '99

Distracted Writing

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the ESPN "Refugees" will get this, but trust me, this is an all-time classic.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
HAHAHA love this post. Probably the best I have ever seen.

I still remember the convo where he said Bush could change directions in mid air. HAHA: :clap2:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this will be the last Cazic memory we have to endure..

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, it will be.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad. When it was just Cazic it was semi-amusing. Problem was way too many Caz wannabe's(or Caz talking to himself thru his multiple personalities.) Oh well I could read that letter forever.