• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Univeristy of Texas Browns

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman, Applewhite to Austin. Let's just call it now.

No matter how strong my feelings are about having consistency at the top and time to build excellence at a top tier program, this guy, Strong, is gone if we lose this game.

We lost our President, our AD, our Head Coach, our new AD, our OC was switched out, our QB has been switched out several times, and now our Head Coach will be switched out yet again.

We are now the Cleveland Browns of CFB. Who the fuck is going to want to enroll here given the clusterfuck in leadership?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are now the Cleveland Browns of CFB. Who the fuck is going to want to enroll here given the clusterfuck in leadership?

Don't insult the browns like that.

I do wish you guys could stop the run though...I need Mahones to light it up for my fantasy league and right now Washington is stealing some of his thunder...oh, sorry I forgot, you guys play good D, it's just the awesome Big 12 O's that make you look bad.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman, Applewhite to Austin. Let's just call it now.

No matter how strong my feelings are about having consistency at the top and time to build excellence at a top tier program, this guy, Strong, is gone if we lose this game.

We lost our President, our AD, our Head Coach, our new AD, our OC was switched out, our QB has been switched out several times, and now our Head Coach will be switched out yet again.

I'm going to call it now chip kelly to Texas and the program turns around
144687780548809_zpsdfjg6s1e.gif

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dhd: texas getting back on track is good for cfb. I think strong is done and they make a bid at kelly or another big name coach. Kelly is a college coach and Texas is a good fit imo. Rumors are USC has their target Texas is the next best job. The big xii offense run similar to the pac high octane. And Texas has come up in the kelly rumors quite a bit.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All kidding aside:

There is a lot of positives to this roster for the right coach.
I feel like Charlie Strong built a team that is perfectly suited to a Rich Rod or Chip Kelly system.

We seem to be a high octane HUNH running team with a defense that gets turnovers and sacks as opposed to traditional stops.

He could not build one for his desired West Coast/Pro Set offense and traditional defense.
But, it was almost like he assembled the perfect roster for an Oregon like team.

I am not sure why he assembled talent to fit somebody's elses dream style...but hopefully it is recognized.