• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unfortunately it's starting to look like we were wrong about Rawls...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FO might draft a RB but I don't see a need for it, at least not this draft. Rawls, Procise, Pope and Collins should be good enough going into camp. They can also pick up a cheap vet on a 1 yr deal if needed. Seattle has much more pressing needs then RB position.
Yeah, that's the way I see it as well. Sorta like the OL, I feel we turned over the RB position already this season and now we have young guys with little experience there and need to let them grow into the role. I guess we could try to grab a mid-level vet type guy in free agency, but is that worth pushing down a younger guy who may develop next season? I really cannot see putting a top 3 pick into the position.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's the way I see it as well. Sorta like the OL, I feel we turned over the RB position already this season and now we have young guys with little experience there and need to let them grow into the role. I guess we could try to grab a mid-level vet type guy in free agency, but is that worth pushing down a younger guy who may develop next season? I really cannot see putting a top 3 pick into the position.

I also agree. Go into the draft and go with the old clich " best player available". Don't waste a pick reaching to fill a position, especially or at least not a high pick. Got a fair number of picks they can use a few further down in the draft to take a flyer on filling a position if they feel they need to.:2cents:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree. Go into the draft and go with the old clich " best player available". Don't waste a pick reaching to fill a position, especially or at least not a high pick. Got a fair number of picks they can use a few further down in the draft to take a flyer on filling a position if they feel they need to.:2cents:
Well, ya figure drafting on either line is hardly ever a bad idea with any pick because you play so many of them on every snap, and they get hurt a lot. Constantly pushing talent into the trenches is a pretty tried and true approach. Now with C-Mike gone you may say the only true early round talent we have at RB is Prosise, but we still go into next year with the top 3 guys being in their 2nd or 3rd season. A 4th rounder or later on a RB who is a good special teamer seems prudent, but an earlier pick than that doesn't seem likely to me.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, ya figure drafting on either line is hardly ever a bad idea with any pick because you play so many of them on every snap, and they get hurt a lot. Constantly pushing talent into the trenches is a pretty tried and true approach. Now with C-Mike gone you may say the only true early round talent we have at RB is Prosise, but we still go into next year with the top 3 guys being in their 2nd or 3rd season. A 4th rounder or later on a RB who is a good special teamer seems prudent, but an earlier pick than that doesn't seem likely to me.

I do like drafting for linemen on either side, but really depends on the draft and how strong it is with OL and or DL. Last year was a strong draft for both, this year I hear the draft is really thin at top notch OL so not likely there would be one worth spending a first on by the time Seahawks pick.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like drafting for linemen on either side, but really depends on the draft and how strong it is with OL and or DL. Last year was a strong draft for both, this year I hear the draft is really thin at top notch OL so not likely there would be one worth spending a first on by the time Seahawks pick.
I hear ya -- I'm not talking about just the 1st pick though. Good linemen can still be had later on, and sometimes there the shotgun approach works out ok too. And even in drafts that may not be considered strong on linemen, when you're talking about a pick pretty close to the end of round 1 you may just find yourself in position grab one of the top guys in the class.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya -- I'm not talking about just the 1st pick though. Good linemen can still be had later on, and sometimes there the shotgun approach works out ok too. And even in drafts that may not be considered strong on linemen, when you're talking about a pick pretty close to the end of round 1 you may just find yourself in position grab one of the top guys in the class.

Sounds like we are in agreement.:nod:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No argument here. With a stable o-line, our young RB's will do just fine. I still believe Rawls and Procise are our future combo backs. I'm still going to bang the drum to draft both lines and CB, o-line being top priority.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people use to tell me "Our oline is better than you say, look at our running numbers." My comeback would be Lynch is the reason for that and Wilson, You put any other RB and QB back there and they won't have as much success.

I stand by what i said over a year ago, But i will admit that the run blocking of this team has gone to shit and i said just that in the preseason. Before they were a average or maybe slightly below average runblocking team with a Future HoF type RB that gets you those tough yardage more often than not. Now they are not only one of the worst run blocking teams they are still one of the worst Pass blocking teams lol. ( i also said that this preseason )

I feel the run blocking from the Center and RG have improved but that the blocking every where else has dropped so much that it doesn't help.

there is only one constant on this team when dealing with the Oline over the past 4 years, Guess what that constant is? Yep you are right, Cable. The Hawks are so loyal to their coaching staff i feel it will take Him retiring ( Cable ) for the Hawks to go in a different direction.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd and 4th round would work

Just to play devils advocate. You figure QBs go first, there a few RBs that could and probably will go early, the best of the OL and DL, CB next likely. Could be that a elite LB could be available when the Seahawks turn to pick comes up.....what do you recommend the Seahawks do?:nod:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to play devils advocate. You figure QBs go first, there a few RBs that could and probably will go early, the best of the OL and DL, CB next likely. Could be that a elite LB could be available when the Seahawks turn to pick comes up.....what do you recommend the Seahawks do?:nod:

If all 3 options of o-line, d-line and cb of talents take a decline and are only worth 2nd and 3rds then yes take the stud LB. My hope is an o-line guy slips through the cracks for us.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The yards after contact by Rawls last night was fun to watch.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this draft is supposedly very weak with OL, but stacked like never before at RB. It would be a mistake to not spend a 3rd rounder on one especially if we end up with 2.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lordy, Rawls was hot in this game. Looked just like he did last year. My only concern with him is his availability.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lordy, Rawls was hot in this game. Looked just like he did last year. My only concern with him is his availability.
Prosise could be available next week, that would be helpful. Having both available for this playoff run would be sweet.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prosise could be available next week, that would be helpful. Having both available for this playoff run would be sweet.
Gawd, could we be that fortunate? That would be huge!