• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UneffingReal, ESPN.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sec_schedule.0.png

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC has been terrible in the bowl games. No other reason than being outplayed. Especially Ole Miss and MSU.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their job is to be contrarian assholes... I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that they took the most ridiculous angle possible on this...

No kidding.

It's like Notre Dame and Ohio State fans bitching about Mark May...he's just a cartoon talking head. The very fact that people are on here bitching about it is what pays his salary.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip is STILL saying that the 4 best teams in the country were in the SEC West.

Battered wife syndrome. Them bastards are shell-shocked.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding.

It's like Notre Dame and Ohio State fans bitching about Mark May...he's just a cartoon talking head. The very fact that people are on here bitching about it is what pays his salary.

So we have to have two networks that absolutely hate the every conference not named SEC?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"All were just in the wrong place at the wrong time"

This dude really still thinks the best 4 teams in the country are Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Vanderbilt.

FIFY

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding.

no mark may is just really bad at his job and has no clue what he is talking about. espn decided to keep track of their analysis record at picking game without a spread. he was 30 games under 500 picking games 2 yrs. espn stopped keeping track

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A Smiff just said that the SEC West beat each other up all year during the season, and that "top teams like this get bored if they're not playing for a National Title."

:L

I knew it would be bad, but damn.

Stephen a admitted he just started watching college ftball a few yrs ago. someone needs to let him know that these teams had a month off. if 18-22 yr old kids cant recover their bodies in a month there is something wrong

RGrabber

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As in other threads, ESPN has to explain the simple rules to everyone.

SEC is undefeated in games they want to play in. If they lose it is classified as game they didn't want to play and therefore does not count as a real loss. Of course we don't know which is which until the final score.

My guess is the only way to explain the Alabama loss is that they really wanted to play FSU.

Every bowl game they lose is viewed as an exhibition getting ready for next year's conference play, That's when they get to play 6 or 7 top 10 SEC teams.

Still trying to find out about the rumor about Presbyterian joining the SEC so that the rest of the conference can play another ranked team.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A Smiff just said that the SEC West beat each other up all year during the season, and that "top teams like this get bored if they're not playing for a National Title."

:L

I knew it would be bad, but damn.

Lol, you are twisting his words like how media do with people. Stephen A. said he don't agree with that. In fact, he was talking against the SEC. He was laughing at how dumb Skip was sounding for sticking up for the SEC. The beef should be with Skip, not Stephen A.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their job is to be contrarian assholes... I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that they took the most ridiculous angle possible on this...

:stephena:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still trying to find out about the rumor about Presbyterian joining the SEC so that the rest of the conference can play another ranked team.

That's the 4th time you said that. We didn't think it was clever the first 3 times so you thought you'd try again? :rollseyes:

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ESPN pays certain analysts to say stupid stuff to generate controversy and get people to watch their show.

I was going to try and watch the train wreck for this reason and just could not do it. Glad I did not now.

Wanted to do the same last night to see Mark May and choose not to go there either.

It will be apologist season all off season full of excuses from many outlets.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding.

In the abstract I totally agree, and I can't stand the Holtz-May schtick. But the larger problem is that ESPN basically owns college football. There were committee memebers that decide who gets in the playoffs pretty much admitting that they get their info from ESPN, and that makes sense, because most, if not all of them, have other jobs outside of being on this committee, and couldn't possibly watch enough of the games to make an informed decision. And since that same network that has an outsized ability to influence that process just also happens to have a multi-billion dollar investment in one of the conferences in college football, its sleazy, incestuous and has a taint of corruption. That what makes the otherwise benign clownish behavior by the on-air, ahem, talent somewhat of an issue.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:fowler: :markmay: :lou: :herbie: :stephena: :corso:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the abstract I totally agree, and I can't stand the Holtz-May schtick. But the larger problem is that ESPN basically owns college football. There were committee memebers that decide who gets in the playoffs pretty much admitting that they get their info from ESPN, and that makes sense, because most, if not all of them, have other jobs outside of being on this committee, and couldn't possibly watch enough of the games to make an informed decision. And since that same network that has an outsized ability to influence that process just also happens to have a multi-billion dollar investment in one of the conferences in college football, its sleazy, incestuous and has a taint of corruption. That what makes the otherwise benign clownish behavior by the on-air, ahem, talent somewhat of an issue.

holtz is actually good at breaking down games when he isn't talking about nd or his son