• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Understanding the new BCS... The CFP

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
un freaking real. Get over yourselves and grow some balls. Join a conference already.:lame:

No problem above, I should have known that you above all people know the deal for the Orange.

Notre Dame will never join a conference in football because they make millions of dollars that they are not ever planning to share with the Purdues, Wake Forests, etc.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in the world have you been hiding Gene? Place aint the same with out ya. See ya every once in a while but that's it.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in the world have you been hiding Gene? Place aint the same with out ya. See ya every once in a while but that's it.

Sorry dude, working my tail off 60 hours a week and that doesn't include travel time. All in all I put in about 72 hours a week.

Got to pay those bills, man. I am way, way past the old days of smoking weed and partying. LOL

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it's bound to happen. Will be fun!:lol:

I would like to know who this selection committee is comprised of. Bunch of good ole boys from down south or what?

Right up until every poll has your team #4 but the committee decides to take #6 because a couple of them think #6 is better no matter what every other poll says.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the post Mamba.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I like tho whole selection committee bit. But we can give them the benefit of the doubt for a few years. Any shenanigans and it needs to be dealt with swiftly!

Here's more info on it. Conference champ might not be a requirement, but it's listed as a factor;
The Selection Committee

A selection committee will choose the four teams for the playoff based on their performance during the regular season, including, strength of schedule, head-to-head results, championships won, and other factors. The teams will be seeded so that #1 will play #4 in one semifinal and #2 will meet #3 in the other, with the winners advancing to the national championship game.

Why not rework the ranking system? I get the concerns with rankings, but I think they work a little better if you take four instead of two. The small selection committee seems more concerning.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post. I can't wait for this fuckin playoff, gonna bring a lot more excitement to the bowl season imo.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post. I can't wait for this fuckin playoff, gonna bring a lot more excitement to the bowl season imo.

I agree. And everyone will continue to argue over that #4 slot, no doubt. But that is what will help make college football so intriguing and exciting. Arguments are never going to go away as to who should be in the big game(s).

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. And everyone will continue to argue over that #4 slot, no doubt. But that is what will help make college football so intriguing and exciting. Arguments are never going to go away as to who should be in the big game(s).

They need to just add the extra games when needed. Then the argument won't be about the #4 spot, it will only be about the top2 spots.

If there are 2 teams that are clearly the only 2 that deserve to go, no playoffs. But if there are 3 or more teams that have a legitimate claim, like 2011, then you add a game.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to just add the extra games when needed. Then the argument won't be about the #4 spot, it will only be about the top2 spots.

If there are 2 teams that are clearly the only 2 that deserve to go, no playoffs. But if there are 3 or more teams that have a legitimate claim, like 2011, then you add a game.

In at least on teams eyes it will always seem to be needed. Too subjective.

I know you and I pretty much feel the same about how the season should end. But I am starting to feel more optimistic. Maybe because we are a little over a year from the first CFP. Cant avoid the inevitable and I love CFB. So I am adopting what we have coming with open arms. Gonna give it a go and support it 100%.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus we get the Cotton, Peach, and essentially the CFB Super Bowl outta this as blockbuster bowl games.

That NCG will feel huge. Even bigger than the BCS NATTY. No bowl ties, biding it out to different great NFL Stadiums.

Sounds awesome.

Jerry World, Reliant, New Minnesota Viks Stadium, then of course ones we have now in NOLA, Glendale, and Miami

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you know about who the selection committee is comprised of Mamba, anything released on that?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you know about who the selection committee is comprised of Mamba, anything released on that?

Not sure if anyone knows yet. If you think about it a lot like yeo it is a bit scary I suppose.

But personally I am not worried about it. The committee will comprise of 12-20 members.

At first active ADs were not eligible. That decision was reversed now they are currently active candidates.

We will most likely have an AD from one school in each conference. Which, again, is a scary premise if you let it rattle around in your head.

I mean, as a Husky I am sure the thought of the Duck AD doesn't sound like the best choice and vice versa.

However, I have faith that agendas wont make up a part of the decision making that many believe will exist.

If it were me, I would want guys like Kirk Herbstreet, Dari Nowkah, David Pollack, Tom Luggenbill, Tony Barnhart, and Colin Cowherd. Maybe three or four high level CFB media guise, then a former player from each conference that is involved in the media, a former coach from each major conference, then the ADs from each conference, and it couldn't comprise of any former player, coach, or AD from any one school.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I'm not liking the selection committee more and more!

But I suppose it's silly to worry about it until they screw the pooch. Just have to wait and see I guess.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I'm not liking the selection committee more and more!

But I suppose it's silly to worry about it until they screw the pooch. Just have to wait and see I guess.

If you look at history of the BCS in nearly every year there is going to be a serious gripe from 2 or 3 fan bases.

Take this for example. Last year Stanford beats Oregon, wins conference. But Stanford lost to a 7 win team and of course #1 ND and finished below Oregon in the polls. Oregon lost to Stanford only.

Most people project Oregon would have gotten in with one loss.

The exact opposite in 2011. Oregon loses 2 games, one to #1 LSU and to a 10 win USC. But Oregon won the conference handing Stanford their only loss.

Most people project a one loss Stanford.

It is going to be ugly when they release the 1st group of 4. Taking sides and bitch fest will be on. I am predicting Twitter and the Hoop blow up.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will most likely have an AD from one school in each conference. Which, again, is a scary premise if you let it rattle around in your head.

I mean, as a Husky I am sure the thought of the Duck AD doesn't sound like the best choice and vice versa.

What they should do it have the AD from whatever school is last place in the conference as part of a rotating memeber.
I mean if you assign Oregon or Stanford's AD and they are sitting at 4 and 5 that is going to cause some conflict. but would the Colorado AD have much issue saying which of the 2 should get that 4 spot? probably not.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. People will quickly forget the purpose of selecting 4 is to insure the best TWO get in. so, if you gotta argue for the 4th spot stfu...unless its me bitching if the U gets passed over.

Also, the sugar locking in anybody but the ehCC is a terrible idea, imo. Never understood that decision

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone knows yet. If you think about it a lot like yeo it is a bit scary I suppose.

But personally I am not worried about it. The committee will comprise of 12-20 members.

At first active ADs were not eligible. That decision was reversed now they are currently active candidates.

However, I have faith that agendas wont make up a part of the decision making that many believe will exist.

If it were me, I would want guys like Kirk Herbstreet, Dari Nowkah, David Pollack, Tom Luggenbill, Tony Barnhart, and Colin Cowherd. Maybe three or four high level CFB media guise, then a former player from each conference that is involved in the media, a former coach from each major conference, then the ADs from each conference, and it couldn't comprise of any former player, coach, or AD from any one school.
Whenever money is at stake, agendas are in play

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the sugar locking in anybody but the ehCC is a terrible idea, imo. Never understood that decision

One reason they did that is so they are guaranteed NOT to get somebody they don't want in the game. Now it will be SEC vs. Big 12 or a playoff game, similar to the Rose Bowl.

The Sugar will no longer have to worry about getting "forced" to take a middie or anybody else they don't want.

Last edited by a moderator: