• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unbelievable Game At Wrigley

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CUBS vs. Braves.........

driving light rain
Wind gusts were 30 to 40 MPH
Temperature was in the mid 30s.......wind chill was in the lower 20s
TV couldn't see the lake

Braves were up 9 to 1.........10 to 2..........10 to 3 in the sixth inning

The CUBS put a 9 spot up, in the bottom of the 8th.

11 pitchers used

CUBS win 14 to 10

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I've said all season, our bullpen sucks. They've been playing with fire all season and somehow managed to get out of it most of the time, and it all came to a head today. I never expected anything like today, but you can't issue so many walks and they not come back to bite you eventually. But really, I'm surprised that it took this long for the bullpen to have a meltdown(though again, I would have never expected anything of this magnitude)Piss poor managing job by Snitker too. You're sitting there watching you bullpen meltdown, walk the yard, I mean, they allowed 9 runs in an inning while only allowing 3 hits, and at no point does our closer or the guy touted as the closer of the future get put in the game.

Worst single game collapse I have ever watched by the Braves, and if not for September of 2011, it would be the biggest collapse for the Braves I have ever seen period.

Not that I ever had any expectations for this season, but it doesn't matter how good our offense or rotation does, we won't go anywhere with this bullpen, and if there's not drastic changes, this entire rebuild will all be for nothing and all of Freddie Freeman's prime years will have been wasted.

Hopefully tomorrow's game gets rained out and Acuna is called up on Monday so at the very least, we'll have something more positive to talk about.

I was getting uneasy when the game went from 10-2 to 10-5 in the 6th and 7th innings.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a minor league manager managing the team. I get that he's been with the franchise forever and has done a lot of good work as a bench coach, a base coach and a minor league coach for over 40 years, but Snitker is not an MLB manager. I'd hate to fire him because of all his years of service to the club, but hopefully he retires or voluntarily takes a demotion.

Our third base coach might have a bit of a cocaine habit, but he did take The Rangers to two World Series.

I get that the manager really can't help it when every pitcher you put in there sucks, but the fact that neither Vizcaino nor Minter was brought in at any point in the 8th inning is what irks me the most. Maybe they would have came in walking the yard too, but those are your two best bullpen arms, and it was clear the game was in danger when the bases were loaded with no outs.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a minor league manager managing the team. I get that he's been with the franchise forever and has done a lot of good work as a bench coach, a base coach and a minor league coach for over 40 years, but Snitker is not an MLB manager. I'd hate to fire him because of all his years of service to the club, but hopefully he retires or voluntarily takes a demotion.

Our third base coach might have a bit of a cocaine habit, but he did take The Rangers to two World Series.

I get that the manager really can't help it when every pitcher you put in there sucks, but the fact that neither Vizcaino nor Minter was brought in at any point in the 8th inning is what irks me the most. Maybe they would have came in walking the yard too, but those are your two best bullpen arms, and it was clear the game was in danger when the bases were loaded with no outs.

This was worse than game 4 of the NLDS in 2013, needing a win to force a game 5 against the Dodgers and we were beating Clayton Kershaw late in the game, but we wound up losing with Craig Kimbrel never throwing a pitch.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it sucks most because it wasn't that long ago when the bullpen was this team's strength.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, what a tough lose for Atlanta and even more, what win for the Cubs. They could have slipped further down in the standings..But..STL has proven to have a good offense. their bullpen is shaping up. Only problem is Wainwright in the rotation. Time to flip this rotation and bring Flaherty back up.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm passionate if nothing else.

And tired of this God damned rebuilding process.

I was born in 91. I had experienced a total of 2 losing seasons prior to 2014.

I used to say I'd rather lose 90 games than be first round exits from the playoffs, but losing the Wild Card Game sounds like heaven right now.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I used to say I'd rather lose 90 games than be first round exits from the playoffs, but losing the Wild Card Game sounds like heaven right now.
Born in '91? Wow you missed the greatest era of Braves baseball

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, what a tough lose for Atlanta and even more, what win for the Cubs. They could have slipped further down in the standings..But..STL has proven to have a good offense. their bullpen is shaping up. Only problem is Wainwright in the rotation. Time to flip this rotation and bring Flaherty back up.

Our bats have been woeful,maybe cause Rizzo has been out and our top notch pitchers(Darvish and lester) have been sucking it up...........
big series coming up this week vs you guys..........good luck.........I know we are gonna need it.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a lot of Braves games back in the day because they were always on TBS. Skip Caray was a bit of a drunkard

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while I'm ranting, with all the pieces we traded away, it seems that we could have been in the same boat had we only traded Heyward and then flipped Miller, and traded Gattis.

Because of all the prospects and players we got back, only Inciarte, Swanson and Folty have amounted to anything.

Albies and Acuna were home grown, and so are all of our top ranked pitching prospects.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a lot of Braves games back in the day because they were always on TBS. Skip Caray was a bit of a drunkard

His son is a bit of a dullard. I miss the days of Skip and Pete.

They could at least make this rebuilding shit more fun by putting John Rocker in the announcers booth.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born in '91? Wow you missed the greatest era of Braves baseball

I was watching as a kid, just too young to appreciate it, especially since I never experienced the 80's.

I'm probably the most tortured sports fan on here. The Braves and UGA football are the only two teams I really give a shit about.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rebuilding sure does suck, losing seasons are common for the Padres. At least you had a long run of really good-great teams, even if it feels like so long ago right now.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our bats have been woeful,maybe cause Rizzo has been out and our top notch pitchers(Darvish and lester) have been sucking it up...........
big series coming up this week vs you guys..........good luck.........I know we are gonna need it.

Good luck to you too...but I have a $10 per game bet and another $10 for a sweep with a Cub fan here....I lost my ass last year. Need some redemption.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a lot of the Braves games on TBS back in the day as well. Good to see them improving.