• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh oh Dana Haters..........WVU’s Dana Holgorsen named AFCA Regional Coach of the Year

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The American Football Coaches Association on Tuesday named West Virginia University football coach Dana Holgorsen its District 4 Regional Coach of the Year, which makes him a finalist for AFCA National Coach of the Year. -

BIG 12 Coach of the year.........right around the corner...

SHOULD HAVE FIRED THIS GUY 3 YEARS ago!!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The American Football Coaches Association on Tuesday named West Virginia University football coach Dana Holgorsen its District 4 Regional Coach of the Year, which makes him a finalist for AFCA National Coach of the Year. -

BIG 12 Coach of the year.........right around the corner...

SHOULD HAVE FIRED THIS GUY 3 YEARS ago!!!
Holgorsen has finally learned some about his job, three years ago he was a HORRIBLE HC, now he is an OK HC. He isn't Saban, but he is no longer on par with fat Charlie. I am not ready to throw my hat completely in his ring yet, the B12 was WAY down this year, and I still saw some stupid play calling and our STs are still a joke, but he IS learning his job.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holgorsen has finally learned some about his job, three years ago he was a HORRIBLE HC, now he is an OK HC. He isn't Saban, but he is no longer on par with fat Charlie. I am not ready to throw my hat completely in his ring yet, the B12 was WAY down this year, and I still saw some stupid play calling and our STs are still a joke, but he IS learning his job.

When you started your JOB were you as good at it as you are now?

I know I'm much better now then when I first started 26 years ago.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Lyons should also get ADOTY too. Had he not lit a fire under Dana's arse we would be headin back to the Cactus bowl to play in the middle of the night again.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you started your JOB were you as good at it as you are now?

I know I'm much better now then when I first started 26 years ago.
I am much better at my job now, but I was not hired in as the head guy at $2 million a year, I started at a very low wage, and worked my way up to chief engineer. In my opinion, you learn your trade as HC at a smaller school and THEN move to a bigger school.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Lyons should also get ADOTY too. Had he not lit a fire under Dana's arse we would be headin back to the Cactus bowl to play in the middle of the night again.
:yawning:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More awards: BTW Stoops made Big12 COTY, Dana had a good case though, good year for both.

WVU's Crawford, Orlosky and Douglas Lead Big 12 Honors

Man I hope n pray next years OLine can at least come CLOSE to this years group. Great year for those guys and Orlosky is leaving some huge shoes to fill.

I think the line will be strong again...only losing one starter. If you look at it the line is real deep for a couple of seasons.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who is Saban besides Saban? Not like there is a long list of them out there so can we drop that???

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am much better at my job now, but I was not hired in as the head guy at $2 million a year, I started at a very low wage, and worked my way up to chief engineer. In my opinion, you learn your trade as HC at a smaller school and THEN move to a bigger school.

He was NOT hired as a HC, He was hired as an offensive coordinator, it was the previous coach that was supposed to train him that fucked up and caused his own firing, and forced him on the job before he was ready.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was NOT hired as a HC, He was hired as an offensive coordinator, it was the previous coach that was supposed to train him that fucked up and caused his own firing, and forced him on the job before he was ready.
:dingdingding:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts... details...

Someone explain to me why we retained a HC who loses to KU and ISU all the freaking time?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts... details...

Someone explain to me why we retained a HC who loses to KU and ISU all the freaking time?
DUH! Because Texas lost to KU this year and with the Big 12 being down, winning 10 games this year is like winning 2 games and having a tie to Washington & Jefferson College in 1953 while playing 8 games in a 6 game season?????

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize the list was quite THIS big until I read another guys post last night but MAN that 2014 recruiting class and the players we lost off of it:

Tyree Owens
Jacob McCrary
Justin Scott
Walter Rauterkus
Amanii Brown
Keishawn Richardson
Jaylon Myers
DaeJuan Funderburk
Davonte James
Lamar Parker
Donte Thomas Williams
Mark Ellis

And we thought Stew couldn't keep guys in the program? Its a wonder this years team won 5-6 games.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you're being serious.

The fact these kids left the program after most of them had enrolled and found they weren't going to see the field speaks volumes for Dana's program.

One must applaud the coach for building such depth of talent. Kids want to play. Can't fault them for moving to a smaller school so they can do so.

Stewart couldn't get kids in the door. Why Dana had a bare cupboard to fill...

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why uh oh? Is it bad luck like the Sports Illustrated cover?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize the list was quite THIS big until I read another guys post last night but MAN that 2014 recruiting class and the players we lost off of it:

Tyree Owens
Jacob McCrary
Justin Scott
Walter Rauterkus
Amanii Brown
Keishawn Richardson
Jaylon Myers
DaeJuan Funderburk
Davonte James
Lamar Parker
Donte Thomas Williams
Mark Ellis

And we thought Stew couldn't keep guys in the program? Its a wonder this years team won 5-6 games.

Of this group:
4 transferred
3 dismissed
2 quit playing football
2 no shows
1 ineligible

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of this group:
4 transferred
3 dismissed
2 quit playing football
2 no shows
1 ineligible

Facts. Let's ignore them...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you're being serious.

The fact these kids left the program after most of them had enrolled and found they weren't going to see the field speaks volumes for Dana's program.

One must applaud the coach for building such depth of talent. Kids want to play. Can't fault them for moving to a smaller school so they can do so.

Stewart couldn't get kids in the door. Why Dana had a bare cupboard to fill...
No, wasn't ripping Dana, I just remember how depleted our roster was after the coaching change because of Stews recruiting woes. I was complimenting Dana, that's a bunch of loses to overcome to get to 10 wins just 2 years later regardless if the conference was down or not, we looked a lot worse in '12/'13.