• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh Oh Boston Rondo Is Now Waivering

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Rondo says that he hasn't given much thought to free agency, but there are "certain aspects that inspires him"

Translation: He is re-thinking that being a Celtics for life crap

:laugh3:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Rondo says that he hasn't given much thought to free agency, but there are "certain aspects that inspires him"

Translation: He is re-thinking that being a Celtics for life crap

:laugh3:

Fans of other teams HOPE he is wavering, but can do no more than hope at this point.

And "Celtic for life" is far from being crap!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans of other teams HOPE he is wavering, but can do no more than hope at this point.

And "Celtic for life" is far from being crap!

That depends on his offers - because Boston will make moves, but the moves combined may send the signal that they are still a few years away from being a contender and everyone knows that a player doesn't want to wait too many years for that opportunity, so an opportunity to join a team that is promising that opportunity in 2015 - and I think Rondo is going to bolt like a jack rabbit running from the greyhounds at the races

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That depends on his offers - because Boston will make moves, but the moves combined may send the signal that they are still a few years away from being a contender and everyone knows that a player doesn't want to wait too many years for that opportunity, so an opportunity to join a team that is promising that opportunity in 2015 - and I think Rondo is going to bolt like a jack rabbit running from the greyhounds at the races

Then again he has to remember that the Celtics gave him a starting job as a rookie when many "experts" said he was too small and too bad a shooter ever to be an NBA regular at all.

Boston gave him a chance to prove his detractors wrong and he has to be grateful for that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again he has to remember that the Celtics gave him a starting job as a rookie when many "experts" said he was too small and too bad a shooter ever to be an NBA regular at all.

Boston gave him a chance to prove his detractors wrong and he has to be grateful for that.

That is totally irrelevent to these guys - everyone got a good break from someone, but their argument is that they got there based on their talent and skill and nothing else and I would have to agree. Boston made money off of Rondo just like the Lakers made money off of Kobe. It's a business and my point is that where he was saying the exact opposite, he is now saying he is inspired by free agency - It is not written in stone that he will stay in Boston. For all I know, he might not even talk to the Lakers and someone else is going to get him, but I can tell you one thing is sure.

Rondo is going to field offers from different teams - that is good business for him. The price of a product which in this case is Rondo's labor is based on supply vs demand and if he gets better offers from multiple teams - then his price is going to go UP. At the end, mabe he signs with Boston, and mabe he doesn't, but it is foolish to think he is going to sign with Boston because he thinks he owes them. He doesn't owe them shit - he paid his dues for that break

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is totally irrelevent to these guys - everyone got a good break from someone, but their argument is that they got there based on their talent and skill and nothing else and I would have to agree. Boston made money off of Rondo just like the Lakers made money off of Kobe. It's a business and my point is that where he was saying the exact opposite, he is now saying he is inspired by free agency - It is not written in stone that he will stay in Boston. For all I know, he might not even talk to the Lakers and someone else is going to get him, but I can tell you one thing is sure.

Rondo is going to field offers from different teams - that is good business for him. The price of a product which in this case is Rondo's labor is based on supply vs demand and if he gets better offers from multiple teams - then his price is going to go UP. At the end, mabe he signs with Boston, and mabe he doesn't, but it is foolish to think he is going to sign with Boston because he thinks he owes them. He doesn't owe them shit - he paid his dues for that break

He IS going to get offers from other teams but how his attitude compares to that of other players we don't know.

And he also knows that the Celtics didn't dump his contract when it became uncertain he would ever be able to play again. Plus the Celtics have long made a point of looking for players they can be certain will not become "me first" types.

I will be surprised if he signs anywhere other than Boston. It's theoretically possible, admittedly, but a poor percentage bet, IMO.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He IS going to get offers from other teams but how his attitude compares to that of other players we don't know.

And he also knows that the Celtics didn't dump his contract when it became uncertain he would ever be able to play again. Plus the Celtics have long made a point of looking for players they can be certain will not become "me first" types.

I will be surprised if he signs anywhere other than Boston. It's theoretically possible, admittedly, but a poor percentage bet, IMO.

They considered it though and that may have been enough, but that is irrelevent - the only thing these guys are loyal to is their pocket book and their families which is where they should be loyal. What is in the best interest of RAJON RONDO - That's the only thing that matters or should. He does not owe them any loyalty whatsoever just because they gave him a break. Everyone has been given some breaks in life and no one owes their soul or body for life to the person or company that gave them the break. Money and the prospect of winning a legitimate title is Rondo's primary concerns and the only things that matter in relation to his family and earnings. If someone offers him twice as much money as what Boston offers and the chance of winning a title - He's gone

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a bunch of posturing from both Danny and Rondo. He either gets signed or probably traded. he might take a discount like Lebron did (even as a FA). Just because Kobe took all that money does not mean everyone does TLF.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They considered it though and that may have been enough, but that is irrelevent - the only thing these guys are loyal to is their pocket book and their families which is where they should be loyal. What is in the best interest of RAJON RONDO - That's the only thing that matters or should. He does not owe them any loyalty whatsoever just because they gave him a break. Everyone has been given some breaks in life and no one owes their soul or body for life to the person or company that gave them the break. Money and the prospect of winning a legitimate title is Rondo's primary concerns and the only things that matter in relation to his family and earnings. If someone offers him twice as much money as what Boston offers and the chance of winning a title - He's gone

Danny Ainge politely listened to the offers he had to know were going to be made, but that does not mean he ever considered accepting any of them.

Listening to offers is part of a GMs job, after all.

And leading the public to think a client MAY leave his current team is part of an agent's job!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Ainge politely listened to the offers he had to know were going to be made, but that does not mean he ever considered accepting any of them.

Listening to offers is part of a GMs job, after all.

And leading the public to think a client MAY leave his current team is part of an agent's job!

It's not what Danny did that will or will not be the problem. It is what Rondo thinks about it. I say he is going to take the best offer that he likes in relation to what is best for him

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:10::agree:

Rondo has been reported as being a complete jerk.
Not that he shouldn't, but he will do whatever he feels is best for him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'd think so, but watch how quickly he ends up someplace else if he doesn't feel Boston's offer is good enough.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10::agree:

Rondo has been reported as being a complete jerk.
Not that he shouldn't, but he will do whatever he feels is best for him.

When it comes to your wallet - no one is going to protect your money like you will.

WORD

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to your wallet - no one is going to protect your money like you will.

WORD

rajon-rondo-gets-hit-by-ball-o.gif

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a bunch of posturing from both Danny and Rondo. He either gets signed or probably traded. he might take a discount like Lebron did (even as a FA). Just because Kobe took all that money does not mean everyone does TLF.

Not about taking all of that money - but if you think Rondo is going to take considerably less money from the Celtics as opposed to 1.5 times the amount somewhere else along with the chance for instant success - you are sadly mistaken

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF, I never knew I said that. :L

Guys, this is par for the course with him in Beantown. He either signs or gets dealt. I am mixed on it right now. Danny has many more moves to make, he is just a part of the chess game.

We went through this phase before in 2006 and 2007. Cant imagine how many deals ideas he has up on his board in the office. he should have been a stockbroker

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was widely assumed that Rondo would be traded before either KG or PP not that long ago.

How many of the posters in this thread made that assumption, I wonder? It was before I had even
heard of this website so I have no way of knowing.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was widely assumed that Rondo would be traded before either KG or PP not that long ago.

How many of the posters in this thread made that assumption, I wonder? It was before I had even
heard of this website so I have no way of knowing.

You hear rumors all of the time and until it becomes a reality nothing should be assumed. The only point that I wanted to make to begin with is that a few weeks ago, Rondo said he could see himself being a Celtic for life and now is saying he hasn't explored it, and is intrigued, excited or whatever. Typically a player has a once in a life time shot at being a free agent and getting the biggest contract of his career. My point is that he had changed his mind and now wants to explore all of his options which is the correct business decision for each and every player in the NBA. Dwight Howard did it last year, Lebron did before Miami; they all do it.

Now if Rondo stays - then everyone is happy. If he leaves - then suck it up, be a man and wish him well and move forward and don't be like the bitches in Cleveland that are still whining:laugh3: