• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ugh I landed the 8th seed help

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So I'm in a 12 team ppr and I'm drafting 8.

2rb 2wr te flex.

I know the top 5 will be in no order
Brown Julio odb bell Gurley.

Hopkins and Charles go 6-7.Who do I take 8th? I want a wr do I reach on Robinson or Jordy?

If Hopkins fell to me I would snag him but I don't believe he will. I'm a big believer in the wr strategy so my second round pick will probably be a wr too. Same for 3rd

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you have a lot of options from there - David Johnson, Dez, AJ, Elliot, Peterson - as well as those mentioned. Just depends on whether you want to go RB or WR. If the guys in the league favor RBs over WRs then go RB, if not then WR. Personally, I'd likely get one of the RBs and grab a WR in the second - guys like Jeffery, Evans and Cooper will probably still be there. ...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very easily, AP for me.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronkowski if your taking a receiver. The guy has averaged 22 TDs.

If you're going to take a RB......AP would be the guy if available.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ppr David Johndon then ap for me. I'd be happy as hell with that set up

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be a mistake to force the WR strategy at 8. I would go AP then roll back to WR in the 2nd.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'm sorry when i was posting this i was getting gas and couldn't think of the 3rd RB that would be taken. i'm sure johnson would be taken over charles.

so the top 7 should be

julio/brown/odb/bell/gurley/johnson/hopkins.

i really want to go WR with my pick. dez has injury issues i'm not sold on him being the #5 wr in fantasy this year. robinson could be but theres a lot of competition for touches down there. also drafting robinson would mean i can't target julius thomas later for my starting TE (i like to keep players separate). but nelson coming back from a major injury?

AP i just can't risk it hes just too old imo and thats a huge gamble i don't have to take that early on.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'm sure charles or AP will be there at 8. who would you rather have there? i'm really high on miller and i know he won't be there in round 2.

problem is too i was looking at WR in the 1st then snagging ingram on the way back in round 2. hes great for PPR. but taking ap/charles in the 1st would mean i have to go WR in the 2nd. i know you don't have to but i can't go back to back rb rb

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is PPR, I would think David Johnson would be BPA... First round should always be BPA(by your rankings), all else and you would be taking a loss...

Don't get stuck with your WR strategy... In fact, I would take Johnson easily over Hopkins too...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me rephrase. AP is 3rd overall for me. He is a double digit TD machine. He's by far the best player the Vikes have to offer. If you think the age balloon will burst on him, guess I can't convince you, but everyone has something.

300 carries, 1400 yards, 12 TD, 30 rec, 200 yards...... is a pretty fair projection. David Johnson had three or four good games and people are putting him ahead of a perrenial double digit TD horse.

I don't get it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me rephrase. AP is 3rd overall for me. He is a double digit TD machine. He's by far the best player the Vikes have to offer. If you think the age balloon will burst on him, guess I can't convince you, but everyone has something.

300 carries, 1400 yards, 12 TD, 30 rec, 200 yards...... is a pretty fair projection. David Johnson had three or four good games and people are putting him ahead of a perrenial double digit TD horse.

I don't get it.

I wouldn't argue with a Peterson pick... I just think PPR hurts his value since he doesn't catch many balls... And that will continue... Also, although I think the Vikings will continue being a run first team, they haven't had this much receiving depth in years.... whether Treadwell does well or not, they still have the depth...

Then of course Peterson has the age, but that really doesn't bother me THAT much... But 31 is ancient for RBs, even if you think he will be fine, you still have to take it somewhat into account... Maybe he slows down a tenth of millimeter per hour.... maybe he will have more trouble healing after being banged up... who knows... But I do think it has to be factored in somehow...

Most of david Johnson's value is attached to his team... Most think the cardinals will be one of the best offenses in football... High scoring, is great for all members of the offense... While DJ is also a pretty good receiver...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i love johnson but i dont trust sophomore or even rookies not with your first round pick.

besides johnson should be gone by the time i pick.

ap is a huge risk i know he is a freak and all that but still everyone has their time.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't argue with a Peterson pick... I just think PPR hurts his value since he doesn't catch many balls... And that will continue... Also, although I think the Vikings will continue being a run first team, they haven't had this much receiving depth in years.... whether Treadwell does well or not, they still have the depth...

Then of course Peterson has the age, but that really doesn't bother me THAT much... But 31 is ancient for RBs, even if you think he will be fine, you still have to take it somewhat into account... Maybe he slows down a tenth of millimeter per hour.... maybe he will have more trouble healing after being banged up... who knows... But I do think it has to be factored in somehow...

Most of david Johnson's value is attached to his team... Most think the cardinals will be one of the best offenses in football... High scoring, is great for all members of the offense... While DJ is also a pretty good receiver...

If Frank Gore hasn't hit a wall yet, I feel pretty confident in AP. I also think that since he's a TD monster, PPR doesn't hurt him as much.

Treadwell can only help him, if the rookie can play and Teddy gets better. This scenario doesn't hurt AP. You can't use it as an example when comparing him to someone who has three WR better than Tread. So, that's a moot point.

Like I said, the ONLY reason to not take AP is if you think he's over the hill. Which I can't argue. I can only disagree.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Frank Gore hasn't hit a wall yet, I feel pretty confident in AP. I also think that since he's a TD monster, PPR doesn't hurt him as much.

Treadwell can only help him, if the rookie can play and Teddy gets better. This scenario doesn't hurt AP. You can't use it as an example when comparing him to someone who has three WR better than Tread. So, that's a moot point.

Like I said, the ONLY reason to not take AP is if you think he's over the hill. Which I can't argue. I can only disagree.

I disagree with you that PPR doesn't hurt him much... Here is the thing about PPR for runningbacks, it makes MORE RBs startable...

The thing about Peterson, throughout his career is that he has been safe... Which is a HUGE salespoint in taking him in the first round, but He has really lacked the flash the past couple of seasons he played... If you look at his PPG averages he has not been the elite player we think him to be... His biggest sales pitch is that he plays 16 games every season, and rarely gets hurt...

Again, that is a HUGE positive... But when you add he is 31, when his value gets weakened due to not really catching the ball, AND when the other RBs catch up to his value because many of the other elite do catch balls, he is not as great... His ceiling is just not that high(weird to say about a top 10 RB of all time)...

In a PPR league, I would even say that Peterson has the LOWEST ceiling of all first round picks relative to the rest of their position...

And how comfortable do you feel paying for the safety on a 31 year old...

Just being a devils advocate here... As I really have no problem with anyone picking him as early as the 7th pick overall... And I am someone who thinks SAFETY is the most important thing for first round value...

But PPR really does hurt his value IMO...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ppr is a huge hurt against AP. hell wood-head was the #3 back in my league last year (if i remember correctly)

which i take it as drafting a "stud" top 5 wr important at the #8 spot

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ppr is a huge hurt against AP. hell wood-head was the #3 back in my league last year (if i remember correctly)

which i take it as drafting a "stud" top 5 wr important at the #8 spot

Yes, but woodhead is at best a 3rd rounder... For him you would be paying all for upside, but his floor is just way too low to risk him in the first 2 rounds...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This, pick one, but no wr

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you that PPR doesn't hurt him much... Here is the thing about PPR for runningbacks, it makes MORE RBs startable...

The thing about Peterson, throughout his career is that he has been safe... Which is a HUGE salespoint in taking him in the first round, but He has really lacked the flash the past couple of seasons he played... If you look at his PPG averages he has not been the elite player we think him to be... His biggest sales pitch is that he plays 16 games every season, and rarely gets hurt...

Again, that is a HUGE positive... But when you add he is 31, when his value gets weakened due to not really catching the ball, AND when the other RBs catch up to his value because many of the other elite do catch balls, he is not as great... His ceiling is just not that high(weird to say about a top 10 RB of all time)...

In a PPR league, I would even say that Peterson has the LOWEST ceiling of all first round picks relative to the rest of their position...

And how comfortable do you feel paying for the safety on a 31 year old...

Just being a devils advocate here... As I really have no problem with anyone picking him as early as the 7th pick overall... And I am someone who thinks SAFETY is the most important thing for first round value...

But PPR really does hurt his value IMO...

PPR makes more WR startable too. I'm not banking on Woodheads and Sims and Sproles. They NEED their five catches a game. Peterson's two catches a game are bonus. I can grab pass catchers all day long. The thing about all WR passed the top three, is that it is a huge gamble for any of them to repeat yards AND touchdowns.

Consistency is what I'm after... and few give it like AP, year after year after year.