• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UGA getting smoked

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That above scenario may have been enough to force a change or expansion of the playoff? Which I think is needed, but that's just me. I'm sure the SEC fans are fine with the current format.

The Pac was not even close to deserving one. The ACC was only a little more deserving as it was a little more competitive at the top. The Big 12 is the conf left out that was the most deserving of a spot, and the B1G absolutely was deserving of at least one spot, and it wouldn't have mattered which of the Top 3 teams in the B1G East ended up in the CCG, they would have beat Iowa.
I agree that it will hopefully open the path to expansion, but with the current rankings and setup, if Michigan had lost there would be 2 SEC teams, Cincinnati and neutered Danes

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it will hopefully open the path to expansion, but with the current rankings and setup, if Michigan had lost there would be 2 SEC teams, Cincinnati and neutered Danes
The cfp selection committee showed themselves to be SEC lovers from the very start. Until a system is developed that allows for more teams to have a shot at getting into the cfp, we all know the top SEC teams will always get the best recruits and the best pre-season rankings, which in turn perpetuate the high rankings of whichever SEC teams win against each other, as we all know they rarely play tough ooc games. The system is set up to reward the SEC. Other sports expanded their playoff systems and teams that otherwise would never have become successful, like Gonzaga bb, for example, now can succeed if they play their cards right. I could list other sports for more examples, if you need me to. But not football. Cfb has been designed to allow blue bloods to rule forever if they want to. Fans of blue blood schools may prefer this, of course, but it's wrong, it's not what college sports is supposed to be about.