• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: UGa @ Auburn

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep South's Oldest Rivalry - UGa has had the edge of late winning 6 of the last 7.

UGa is getting healthier ...

RB - Gurley is back to about 90%, and the two freshman now have 4 games under their belts.

WR - I think we have 4 of the 7 injured WRs back at some level. Still not ideal, but our playbook will be expanded.

D - we have most of the players back, and the youguns have matured.

So, we are still injured, but we're about 80% back.

Why we win - matchups ... our D is 23rd in rushing D, and 86th in passing. Fortunately, Auburn's passing is terrible - 110th. So our D matches up with Auburn better than we would a team that has a strong passing attack. From our O side, Auburn's passing D is 86th ... not good at all. With some of our receivers back, I think we score plenty. Their rushing D isn't much better, 59th, so Gurley and the freshman will do enough to let Murray have a great game.

Why we lose - home field advantage to Auburn. This is interesting, because the game is supposed to be in Athens ... we have played in Auburn two years in a row. We've had schedule breaks in the past few years, so it is only fair it goes against us this year.

UGa 35, Auburn 28

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I'm not sure our passing is terrible we just don't ever do it but it looked pretty good against aTm and the second half of the LSU game. It really depends on how healthy Marshall's shoulder is.

2. Your run defense stats have been built off the SEC East teams so that is a little deceptive plus it was actually better last year IMO and Alabama torched it in the SEC CG.

I actually see the biggest issue being Murray and our depleted secondary ranks for Auburn. The key for us will be if we can get a lot and consistent pressure on Murray.

The next biggest issue is Gurley we have to shut him down and we have to do it early which is easier said then done.

No prediction on my part I could see this game going many different direction just hoping for a win.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope your whole team feels this way nothing better than being under estimated:

Reportedly, UGA RB Todd Gurley said in the UGA presser yesterday that this is the same AU team as a year ago . . . Gurley's quote:

"They're basically the same defense, the same people."

"They've got the energy, but our plan is to go in there and take it out of them."

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope your whole team feels this way nothing better than being under estimated:

Reportedly, UGA RB Todd Gurley said in the UGA presser yesterday that this is the same AU team as a year ago . . . Gurley's quote:

"They're basically the same defense, the same people."

"They've got the energy, but our plan is to go in there and take it out of them."
If that is the type of stuff that gets your guys jazzed, then they need to read more. Isn't your D pretty much the same as last year? It isn't like you guys are winning because of your D.

What team wouldn't say their game plan is to go into an energetic home team and take the energy out of them?

Nothing to see here.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to feel better and better about this game.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I'm not sure our passing is terrible we just don't ever do it but it looked pretty good against aTm and the second half of the LSU game. It really depends on how healthy Marshall's shoulder is.

You will certainly need it against bama as that auburn run game is lethal. I look for bama to stack the box and force the pass. You probably wont have to be pass happy, but enough to stay balanced.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy and focused UGA should be able to beat Auburn.

But then again, this is UGA ... and of course idiotic quotes from UGA players won't help.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'M ON THE GUS BUS BITCHES!!!!

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predicting a flat tire on Saturday.

And, no, I won't be there when the Dawg people rush the field and you turn the fucking water canons on them like you did to me before you rat bastards!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got Aubs winning

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predicting a flat tire on Saturday.

And, no, I won't be there when the Dawg people rush the field and you turn the fucking water canons on them like you did to me before you rat bastards!
Good times no doubt. I was at that game just wish they had used bullets instead.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea to get a seat early this week there is plenty of room but next week? It's gonna get pretty crowded I think regardless of the out come this week.

Rarely do you find people other than Auburn fans cheering for us but the aTm and Alabama games seem to be exceptions this year.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good times no doubt. I was at that game just wish they had used bullets instead.
YOU FACE! Gonna be 7 of 8 come Saturday night. Then we are going to pillage the campus and r*pe your women! That'll teach you to turn the water canons on us!

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea to get a seat early this week there is plenty of room but next week? It's gonna get pretty crowded I think regardless of the out come this week.

Rarely do you find people other than Auburn fans cheering for us but the aTm and Alabama games seem to be exceptions this year.
Missouri will be pulling for you, too. An Auburn win is key to them unless they beat both Ole Miss and TAMU.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2:

Multi quote didn't work: Quotes were were about Georgia fans getting hit with water cannons at Auburn game in the past, and Auburn fan saying he was there, and just wished they'd used bullets instead of water.

:laugh3:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I endorse a Bulldogs loss.

Just cause.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I endorse a Bulldogs loss.

Just cause.

Me too, because I want Auburn to come in with more wins for our SoS.

But I think Georgia is gonna win it. Auburn is not a balanced team.