• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCLA @ UW

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some tweets to get this one rolling;
A blockbuster trade of UW teammates? John Ross III takes reps at cornerback as Shaq continues as featured RB: UW's John Ross III takes practice reps at cornerback | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times
— Adam Jude (@A_Jude) [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]529374599713013761[/MEDIA]"]November 3, 2014[/ame]​
First question for Chris Petersen: Is Shaq your starting running back against UCLA? CP: "Um, probably."
— Adam Jude (@A_Jude) [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]529378436989452288[/MEDIA]"]November 3, 2014[/ame]​
Petersen said Lavon Coleman and Dwayne Washington are "good to go." Shaq just best option at RB.
— Adam Jude (@A_Jude) [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]529380216926240770[/MEDIA]"]November 3, 2014[/ame]

So it looks like Shaq will be in at RB against UCLA and Ross might be playing CB.

I have nothing good to say. So cya later.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ... Might as well I guess. They won't try to get Ross the ball anyway. Let him play defense...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting at 6 and 3 with 4 games left on the season. It's kitchen sink time, especially on offense. I understand the Shaq move at this point. UCLA is our last chance at a statement win for the 2014 since we got a snowballs chance in hell of beating @ Zona with that offense of ours.

What I don't get is the Ross move. You get the ball in his hands on offense, odds are good he'll make a big play.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that about Ross. I'm sure you can all guess my reaction. :gaah:

So you leave this guy out of your offensive game plan week after week and now dump him over to CB? He's the fastest guy on the field and a real difference maker on a team devoid of difference makers already.

Shaq might be your best option at TB, but with Ross on the field at the same time they help open things up for each other. This is offense 101.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just at a loss as to what they are doing up there.

Why won't he listen to us?!?!?!?!

:scratch:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski said sophomore receiver John Ross III will play as a nickel cornerback against No. 18 UCLA on Saturday (4 p.m., Fox Sports 1), completing a swap of two of UW’s best athletes. Linebacker Shaq Thompson is, of course, expected to start again at running back for the Huskies.

UW's John Ross III to play as nickel cornerback against UCLA | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times

I'm just amazed that they illustrate how explosive and athletic he is, yet cannot find a way to get him more involved in the offense. :L

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski said sophomore receiver John Ross III will play as a nickel cornerback against No. 18 UCLA on Saturday (4 p.m., Fox Sports 1), completing a swap of two of UW’s best athletes. Linebacker Shaq Thompson is, of course, expected to start again at running back for the Huskies.

UW's John Ross III to play as nickel cornerback against UCLA | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times

I'm just amazed that they illustrate how explosive and athletic he is, yet cannot find a way to get him more involved in the offense. :L

He's playing "nickel" not starting... Let's see what they have up there sleeve, Shaq takes a pounding running the ball so I can understand not putting him out on the defense, but Ross could still very easily run routes playing Nickel package...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I get what the nickel is.

The point is they don't know how to use him on offense. This great, explosive, athetic guy.

It's 9 games in. If Smith hasn't figured out how to get Ross involved in the offense by now, he never will.

I know what they have up their sleeve, something that rhymes with it.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I get what the nickel is.

The point is they don't know how to use him on offense. This great, explosive, athetic guy.

It's 9 games in. If Smith hasn't figured out how to get Ross involved in the offense by now, he never will.

I know what they have up their sleeve, something that rhymes with it.

I know that you know that I know that you know what Nickel is....:suds:

What if there was plays in the pass destined for Ross but the QB went to a check down or saw something else? I'm not trying to defend for Smith, I'm just saying....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA's outspoken Myles Jack vows to tone it down against Washington - LA Times
Immature punk ass bitch deserves to be booed the entire game and I hope Shaq just fucking wrecks him at some point.

That shit last year was totally weak and I love it when dumbasses do shit like that and it comes back to bite them. He guarantees he won't hurt the team this week like he did last week? Because all of a sudden he will be able to control himself when he hasn't been able to do so over the last two years? Someone on the team needs to be in his ear the whole game and test that shit out. I'm not buying it.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Jack is a jackass.

Mora has no control of his players. They do what they want (on the field). No discipline down there. Jack WILL do something stupid. He can't help himself...

Looking at UCLA the past couple of years, especially this year, and I think we dodged a bullet that he decided not to come to UW.

At the time of the coaching change he's the guy I really wanted, I didn't think Petersen was even a remote possibility.

I'm glad it went the way it did. :suds:

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack is an ass, but I have little doubt Pete would rein him in tighter than Mora has.

That said, I have no idea what we are doing with our roster. Did Ross sleep with Pete's wife?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Prediction!

UCLA 52
UW 17

I'm thinking career like stats for Hundley today. Our O won't be able to compete and the D will be underwhelming.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA 52
UW 17

I'm thinking career like stats for Hundley today. Our O won't be able to compete and the D will be underwhelming.

That can happen. The only thing I'm holding onto is when I've seen UCLA this year they have looked pretty undisciplined and have made some mistakes.

But no, I don't think this one's going to go so well...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can happen. The only thing I'm holding onto is when I've seen UCLA this year they have looked pretty undisciplined and have made some mistakes.

But no, I don't think this one's going to go so well...

Yeah, UCLA has let their opponents hang around this year. It would be a good thing for the program to get a signature win on the season.

It seems like UW is the team everyone gets right against though.

We've become the conference punching bag. :L

Just waiting until Sarks guys are gone and Coach Pete has his vision on the field.

All I can do at this point.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, UCLA has let their opponents hang around this year. It would be a good thing for the program to get a signature win on the season.

It seems like UW is the team everyone gets right against though.

We've become the conference punching bag. :L

Just waiting until Sarks guys are gone and Coach Pete has his vision on the field.

All I can do at this point.

I agree, This Husky team is a work in progress, which is why I don't sweat wins and loses this year. Got to say however, that it would be sweet to win tonight.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About what I expected. Heard on the radio on the way home that Kikaha was out after the first series so I guess that at least partially explains why they had zero defense that entire game. :L Seriously, we have become accustomed to shitty offense this year, but that defense was just horrid.

Plenty of blame for that pathetic performance on both sides of the ball, but was I alone in scratching my head about them running draw play after draw play down 17 with 9 minutes to go? Drive the length of the field, settle for a FG, and take 5 mins off the damned clock. Not one passing play in the series. WTF is this staff doing? Is there any game in college history where that kind of play call resulted in a come back down 17 with that kind of time left in the game? Doubt it.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was I alone in scratching my head about them running draw play after draw play down 17 with 9 minutes to go?

You know you weren't. Don't say it too loudly though or you know who will make his presence known. :lol:

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know where this program is right now? The dumbasses on SportsCenter recapping the UW/UCLA just said something like: "do the UW and the Seahawks play in the same stadium? I don't know..." I mean, most of that is on ESPN and the dumbasses they employ, but still...

:L