• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: UC Irvine vs (2) Arizona

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad guys, I know that I personally haven't been on here much lately. School is kicking my ass right now. I'm reading about 1000 pages (and writing about 25 pages) per week these days. I just put in about 45 hours in the last 3 days, and have about another 45 hours to put in the next 3 days. Sting, that's why I couldn't be on your PGU pickem team this season? Basically, going to the games is the only free time I have. Sting, how is your team doing this season, by the way?

Anyway, thoughts about the game:

I feel like the first 35 minutes were tough for a few reasons:

1) We played like shit on both sides of the ball from time to time
2) They played really well on both sides of the ball from time to time
3) Although I don't like to make excuses (and I put it as the 3rd reason), but those refs were fucking atrocious.

But we ended the game on a 30-8 run. So there's that.

Oh, and there's this.

"Give me a pick, some rope, and some beef jerky, I'm going to the top of the mountain!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsKuXYwbyhs&sns=fb]Rondae dunks over 7'6" Defender - YouTube[/ame]

Hahaha, can anyone name that quote??????

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad guys, I know that I personally haven't been on here much lately. School is kicking my ass right now. I'm reading about 1000 pages (and writing about 25 pages) per week these days. I just put in about 45 hours in the last 3 days, and have about another 45 hours to put in the next 3 days. Sting, that's why I couldn't be on your PGU pickem team this season? Basically, going to the games is the only free time I have. Sting, how is your team doing this season, by the way?

Anyway, thoughts about the game:

I feel like the first 35 minutes were tough for a few reasons:

1) We played like shit on both sides of the ball from time to time
2) They played really well on both sides of the ball from time to time
3) Although I don't like to make excuses (and I put it as the 3rd reason), but those refs were fucking atrocious.

But we ended the game on a 30-8 run. So there's that.

Oh, and there's this.

"Give me a pick, some rope, and some beef jerky, I'm going to the top of the mountain!"

Rondae dunks over 7'6" Defender - YouTube

Hahaha, can anyone name that quote??????

PUSH AND PROBE. TNT IN THOSE SNEAKERS!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trmewXre_dE

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yeah no worries CTP, at least I got GordonTrue so one hooplan is on the team with me. So far we won the first two weeks but those were just exhibition. Week 1 just started this week, but we're looking pretty good.

Sorry to hear Grad school is kicking your ass.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to watch the game on my computer so I can meant comment during games. Man this was an uglllyyyy game to watch.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider it a good sign when you have a bad game and win by 17 points. UCI is considered by many to be the best team in their conference and is no slouch either. They should be a tournament team.

I think once the Maui tourney gets going fans will get more excited.

PLEASE WORK ON THOSE FREE THROWS!!!! That is going to kill them in close games against elite opponents eventually.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times did Arizona do the same thing last year? Play a close game and then crank up the defense in the last 5 minutes and pull away.

Before the game, Miller said UCI might be the best team to come to Tuscon this year... which was probably partly just him trying to have the guys ready for a challenge... but as crazy as it sounds it might not be a stretch.

Gonzaga is looking really good right now, so I'd go with them, but UCI is no joke. They were a tourney team last year before getting upset by Cal Poly in their conf tournament... and they kept basically everyone.

Plenty to work on, but plenty of positives in this game, too. And, yeah, that was cool seeing Arizona players get the top 2 spots on SC's top 10.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been dead in here in general. I understand it being dead during the off season but not during basketball season!!!! Where da fuck is everyone at??!! It should be blowing up in here! This isn't the ASU boards!!!
I'll be back to posting once i get an internet source.
:suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else concerned with the lack of touches Zeus is getting underneath? I thought for sure getting his touches down low would be a point of emphasis going into this year. I mean we have a 7 foot junior who can bang down low or pop out and shoot a 10 footer. However, I did notice last night that Zeus passed up some open looks and was looking to pass instead. We need him to get him in the ball in good positions.