• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

.... TX vs. aTm, bottom line

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UTexas already plays a nine-game conference schedule vs. the best top-to-bottom conference in CFB.

Adding another tough team to the schedule in a CFB universe where a loss is way worse to one's team than slightly upgraded SOS is good to your team vis-a-vis chances of making the 4-team end of year playoff is insane.

It will not happen.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait about a decade. They'll schedule a game at the right point in time when they can maximize their profits from it. It'll be hyped beyond belief and by that point no one will really care...I care less every day.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick to death of this topic. aTm left, who cares. They have new rivalries with arkansas and LSU, they are building deep south ties. UT needs to focus on who is still in the big 12, and in the state. Texas vs Baylor should be fantastic this year, and with Kliff Texas vs Texas tech should be a good game for years to come. Focus on the instate rivals you have, no the one that left.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt matter. Aggie just said they dont want to play Texas.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, and i'll be blasted for this. But if Texas were to add a longtime SEC rival to the schedule, i would rather it be Arkansas. Texas vs Arkansas used to mean more on a national scale, Royal vs Broyles. Like i said before, Texas has plenty of in state rivals, but an annual Arkansas game would be nice.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, and i'll be blasted for this. But if Texas were to add a longtime SEC rival to the schedule, i would rather it be Arkansas. Texas vs Arkansas used to mean more on a national scale, Royal vs Broyles. Like i said before, Texas has plenty of in state rivals, but an annual Arkansas game would be nice.

They really do a number on your SOS as of late though. Dey suck mega bawls.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really do a number on your SOS as of late though. Dey suck mega bawls.
-
I get it. ARk/Texas was one of the most bitter rivalries around. Stories about how people wouldnt serve Longhorn fans in diners. Lot of people would be very happy to see A&M, Ark, and OU on Texas's schedule every yr. Though I think the Ark rivalry is close to being forgotten. It is the dark side of realignment. PSU/WV is another that is headed that way. OU/Neb may be erased. I hope the new playoffs bring these games back, though I do not think 4 team playoff is quite enough to change how people schedule.