• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two awwbun players allegedly harassed female veteran and her service dog...

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
there is a reason the dogs wear a pack that says Service Dog Do Not Pet. My daughter has a Service Dog, he is a seizure alert dog, and people try and pet him all the time. we have to tell people all the time to not pet the dog. it's like people don't know how to read. when dogs are working, their first and foremost responsibility is the person they are paired with. your statement that the dog is only there for companionship shows you know nothing about service dogs. the dog is there for much more than companionship, I guarantee it.

I will say this, after reading the article, she definitely could have handled it better than she did, but we have to go thru it all the time and it gets old. Can't people read, damnit?

I think a service dog, with all the restrictions that go along with it, is counterproductive for a person with PTSD (real or imagined). It would be much more beneficial for that person (especially a returning vet) to be able to interact with other members of the society as dogs can be great ice-breakers. It sucks that lots of people don't pay attention that it's a service dog, but this problem can be easily solved by getting a regular dog. This use case for a service dog seems like it's doing more harm than good.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a scholarship reduction is in order and take away their eagle. Terrorists shouldn't have eagles.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the dog have a sign around its neck that says "Service Dog: don't pet me"?

If it does, quit your bitching about everyone wanting to pet it

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a service dog, with all the restrictions that go along with it, is counterproductive for a person with PTSD (real or imagined). It would be much more beneficial for that person (especially a returning vet) to be able to interact with other members of the society as dogs can be great ice-breakers. It sucks that lots of people don't pay attention that it's a service dog, but this problem can be easily solved by getting a regular dog. This use case for a service dog seems like it's doing more harm than good.

Does the dog have a sign around its neck that says "Service Dog: don't pet me"?

If it does, quit your bitching about everyone wanting to pet it

I would bet if the person in question was a family member, your empathy would be much greater. you don't even know what that dog is trained for/to do and believe me it's much more than just companionship.

And no, there is no sign around the neck. All service dogs wear a vest that any person who can read would know that it says Service Do Not Pet. Pretty obvious really, but people see a dog and are blind to what the vest says. We see it all the time. believe me.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the woman needs help here. Shame that so many of our veterans come back from war like this.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the woman needs help here. Shame that so many of our veterans come back from war like this.

She never went to war in fact she never deployed. It states that in the story. Her PTSD is supposedly from stress due to sexual harassment, as stated in the story.

It also has witness accounts stating she was acting out and being a real crazy bitch.

Did you read it?

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She never went to war in fact she never deployed. It states that in the story. Her PTSD is supposedly from stress due to sexual harassment, as stated in the story.

It also has witness accounts stating she was acting out and being a real crazy bitch.

Did you read it?

Quit trying to bring facts into this. We have a good story about how someone who served in the military was mistreated by a citizen. Those are the only details that matter.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet if the person in question was a family member, your empathy would be much greater. you don't even know what that dog is trained for/to do and believe me it's much more than just companionship.

And no, there is no sign around the neck. All service dogs wear a vest that any person who can read would know that it says Service Do Not Pet. Pretty obvious really, but people see a dog and are blind to what the vest says. We see it all the time. believe me.

If I had a crazy cousin who thought they needed a dog to help them live for no apparent reason and was an asshole to everyone? Yeah, I would feel bad for them

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you read it?

The article states "sexual assault" not harassment. One is a little more serious. Her being a veteran has nothing to do with this situation. Her having PTSD from a sexual assault does. She may have gone loopy and the kids did nothing wrong or they did or something in between which is where it is usually at.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had a crazy cousin who thought they needed a dog to help them live for no apparent reason and was an asshole to everyone? Yeah, I would feel bad for them

Sexual assault is a reason.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see you have no understanding of what a service dog really does.

Good for you...

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes a couple of years for people to learn that not everyone's lives have been perfect and that sometimes bad shit happens. Especially boys growing up and becoming men.

Also...

That could have been midnight angel. :eek:

"According to WTVM, Ozyurt suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder after being sexually assaulted while in the Air Force."

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad story all around here. These players definitely shouldn't have done this to that poor woman.