• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Twitter is crashing...end is near?

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never get into tweeting or give a shit enough about anyone else to subscribe to their twitishness. It appears I'm not the only one. They've had no growth this year and don't see any coming soon.

So, Twitter is just about to become the new MySpace? I wonder if FaceBook will buy Twitter and make tweeting part of their already very annoying platform?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been anticipating their demise for a year now. So many new technologies are hot for about 18 months, maybe less, then they disappear - sometimes forever.

I know @chappee11 disagrees with me on this, but that's just because he owns Twidiot stock and can't admit he made a mistake.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its still the best platform to stalk your favorite celebrities PR guys. Because I don't believe 50% of these verified accounts are actually posted by the celebrity

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackberry ....the standard of how fast it can all change.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its still the best platform to stalk your favorite celebrities PR guys. Because I don't believe 50% of these verified accounts are actually posted by the celebrity

I agree. I can have an account on Twitter for my business and never look at it. A service posts articles and comments that are supposed to be relevant and interesting to my clients.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I don't believe 50% of these verified accounts are actually posted by the celebrity

Right, they have a publicist or some other lackey to do it for them, correct?

Be a man. Stalk like a classic stalker, none of this hiding behind a "handle" BS.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the replacement out there for Twitter at the moment? The tech world moves fast and companies either continue to innovate or are doomed to be left behind, but for the moment I don't see any viable alternatives to Twitter out there...or at least I'm unaware of them.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Twitter is for b-list celebrities looking for a payday. They try to get a bunch of followers so they can charge companies to sponsor posts.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the replacement out there for Twitter at the moment? The tech world moves fast and companies either continue to innovate or are doomed to be left behind, but for the moment I don't see any viable alternatives to Twitter out there...or at least I'm unaware of them.

But is twidder actually a necessity? To me, you would only need an alternative to it if it's something that is actually useful and has value.

I have never thought twidder has any value. I know others will disagree with me on that, but...I don't know how to finish that sentence.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With over a billion users I think they're good for awhile

The problem is they haven't found a way to get good revenue off of it, that's why the stock has done poorly

All social media platforms have had a shelf life, that's why facebook has been investing heavily in other areas because they know to stay relevant they can't just be the social site

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, but they had time to reconfigure and go touchscreen and even toyed with it, but somebody said we need to stick to our guns!

No question that a part of that decline came within.

But when you have a great product and your trying to figure out how to plan for tomorrow ..
There is a risk on both sides. I'm sure the question gets asked ... "Is my new design the wave of the future or is it the "New Coke" "

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question that a part of that decline came within.

But when you have a great product and your trying to figure out how to plan for tomorrow ..
There is a risk on both sides. I'm sure the question gets asked ... "Is my new design the wave of the future or is it the "New Coke" "

Most declines come from within or start there....a few older guys (GM retired) that I play golf with every now an then and we talk about what went wrong with GM...how do you lose 20% market share in your own country?

There were people on the ground that supposedly told upper management Japan was sending over "ugly" but better made cars, that got much better gas mileage...after Pearl Harbor...they never believed the American public would migrate to foreign (Japanese) cars in mass.

They never considered them true competition until the oil embargo...and even then were slow to respond to the buying trend.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most declines come from within or start there....a few older guys (GM retired) that I play golf with every now an then and we talk about what went wrong with GM...how do you lose 20% market share in your own country?

There were people on the ground that supposedly told upper management Japan was sending over "ugly" but better made cars, that got much better gas mileage...after Pearl Harbor...they never believed the American public would migrate to foreign (Japanese) cars in mass.

They never considered them true competition until the oil embargo...and even then were slow to respond to the buying trend.

I think a lot of CEO's get caught up in there own little world. For 1 moth a year they should work out of an office in their own factory.

Other wise you lose track of things that are just common sense ...like taking your Lear jet to borrow money

hqdefault.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of CEO's get caught up in there own little world. For 1 moth a year they should work out of an office in their own factory.

Other wise you lose track of things that are just common sense ...like taking your Lear jet to borrow money

hqdefault.jpg

Common sense...sometimes that's all it takes.

We were a medium sized construction company...120 employees...economy went into the shitter...revenue cut in half, and he goes to the bank and borrows $500,000 to "hold us over"....what was even crazier is he got it.

Myself and a couple of other people on the financial side of the business told him...the line of credit is nice, but we need to cut overhead...paying 6 foreman on salary when we only had enough business for 2...he kept all 6....10,000 sf of office space plus an equal size warehouse (he owned the buildings) and we could've used maybe 3,000 sf in the office and maybe 2,000 in warehouse. We could have sold both and put a couple million in the bank, half dz big trucks sitting idle...sell this shit!

Long story short...he thought he would wait it out. The blip in the economy turned out to be more than a blip and he lost it all.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been anticipating their demise for a year now. So many new technologies are hot for about 18 months, maybe less, then they disappear - sometimes forever.

I know @chappee11 disagrees with me on this, but that's just because he owns Twidiot stock and can't admit he made a mistake.

I can admit I made a mistake! Twitter stock sucked for me(don't have it anymore). I know you have been harping on this for a long time, but despite all its warts, Twitter still has over 300m users. Revenues are still growing rapidly. The stock has sucked balls, but this is still a $20b company. Rumors of their demise are greatly exaggerated. It's more a factor of Facebook making all other social media irrelevant and Twitter having a shitty CEO. Eventually Google will buy Twitter and they will monetize it properly. But the platform is not going to disappear!

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never understood the appeal of it. Do people really give a shit about celebrities that much?

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never understood the appeal of it. Do people really give a shit about celebrities that much?
I don't even tweet to celebs on mine. Why waste the time if they're never going to reply? I've always laughed at the people who tweet celebs and say "YOU'LL MAKE MY YEAR IF YOU JUST REPLY TO ME OMG"

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even tweet to celebs on mine. Why waste the time if they're never going to reply? I've always laughed at the people who tweet celebs and say "YOU'LL MAKE MY YEAR IF YOU JUST REPLY TO ME OMG"
That isn't even my point. Does anybody honestly care whether Tony Parker (just as an example based off of your favorite teams) replies to you?