• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Turns Out Aqib Talib Shot Himself (in Leg)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not going to be charged with anything. The NFL could still choose to suspend him even without charges. My guess is if he is suspended (which I'm not sure he will be), it will be a short suspension, maybe 2 games. But it's the NFL so who knows what they'll do.
Oh, believe me when I say I gave up guessing on length of said suspensions. As for will there be a suspension? It walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and has a duck bill for good measure. At least, that would be my hunch given Talib's not so awesome history with guns. If nothing else, it would be logical to expect a suspension

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dallas police had no actual evidence of anything or witnesses so they just end up saying he shot himself because they couldn't prove it one way or another. But given that they didn't even have enough evidence to charge him he wont be suspended.

Also the Dallas PD are morons given that they couldn't find any clear evidence one way or another so they just ended up saying he shot himself even though they didn't find proof to come to that conclusion.
That's not at all the case. The evidence points to the likely conclusion that he shot himself. But since no one is talking and no one was hurt (other than Talib), there's no point in charging him because the chance of any conviction is extremely low. So they can reasonably conclude that he shot himself and not recommend charges, then they can close the case and move on.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, believe me when I say I gave up guessing on length of said suspensions. As for will there be a suspension? It walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and has a duck bill for good measure. At least, that would be my hunch given Talib's not so awesome history with guns. If nothing else, it would be logical to expect a suspension
This I disagree with. I think given that no one was injured other than himself, and the DPD is not pressing charges, I would think the NFL would rather just move on and not make a bigger deal out of this.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I disagree with. I think given that no one was injured other than himself, and the DPD is not pressing charges, I would think the NFL would rather just move on and not make a bigger deal out of this.

I agree that would be the logical thing to do.

However, when was the last time this man did the logical thing?

1411156518001-GTY-455731344-67366340.jpg

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not at all the case. The evidence points to the likely conclusion that he shot himself. But since no one is talking and no one was hurt (other than Talib), there's no point in charging him because the chance of any conviction is extremely low. So they can reasonably conclude that he shot himself and not recommend charges, then they can close the case and move on.

But they have no actual evidence. They didn't find Talib's fingerprints on the gun, they didn't find gunpowder residue on his hands, there aren't witnesses that saw him do it. They don't have any actual evidence to say he did it but they're saying he did it since it can't be 100% proven one way or another and if they didn't there would be a gunman still on the streets making them look bad.

If they're not charging him because they don't have enough evidence then they also can't say he 100% shot himself based on that same lack of evidence.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodger doesn't need proof to suspend, fine or pull draft picks.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they have no actual evidence. They didn't find Talib's fingerprints on the gun, they didn't find gunpowder residue on his hands, there aren't witnesses that saw him do it. They don't have any actual evidence to say he did it but they're saying he did it since it can't be 100% proven one way or another and if they didn't there would be a gunman still on the streets making them look bad.

If they're not charging him because they don't have enough evidence then they also can't say he 100% shot himself based on that same lack of evidence.

Other than he said that he shot himself. Oh and the trajectory of the bullet would also count as evidence. So yeah, it's enough to conclude that he shot himself, just not enough to bother charging him since they wouldn't be able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, said it before I'll say it again. Until one of these guys shoots their dick off, who cares? Non story.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Other than he said that he shot himself. Oh and the trajectory of the bullet would also count as evidence. So yeah, it's enough to conclude that he shot himself, just not enough to bother charging him since they wouldn't be able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

When did he change his story to he shot himself? Even in that article that was posted to start this thread it says Talib maintained he was shot by an unknown gunman it makes no reference to him admitting he shot himself.

As far as I've seen Talib hasn't said that he did indeed shoot himself.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plaxico got 4 did he not?

I thought Plax got indefinite suspension and fine..Not sure but I remember thinking, really harsh for just being a clumsy idiot and hurting himself only....But it's against the law to fire a gun in public, even if it's registered to you, so shooting yourself in a public business is a crime that obviously one can go to jail for, ala Plax....
Interesting to see what the TtardFather will do with this one....It's all about the media projection to him....Talib is a repeat offender isn't he ?....So should be harsh, but you never know with RG !!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Plax got indefinite suspension and fine..Not sure but I remember thinking, really harsh for just being a clumsy idiot and hurting himself only....But it's against the law to fire a gun in public, even if it's registered to you, so shooting yourself in a public business is a crime that obviously one can go to jail for, ala Plax....
Interesting to see what the TtardFather will do with this one....It's all about the media projection to him....Talib is a repeat offender isn't he ?....So should be harsh, but you never know with RG !!!!

Huge issue with this one though. Because there are no witnesses at least at this time coming forward with any information right now all the police can do is speculate at what happened. It is why they believe he shot himself and most likely that is what happened but because no one is talking and there is no video of where and how this happened they just have to go by the witnesses stories. It is why all charges against Talib have been dropped. In the past for the most part the league has taken how law enforcement decides on matters into consideration. Every once in a while we see them go above and beyond what Law enforcement was willing to do like with Big Ben but otherwise usually they keep it pretty minimal.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also said that was what he heard from people when the story first broke. Since then the number has calmed down quite a bit. Peter King this morning said he is hearing that there will be no suspension just a hefty fine by the league.

If he doesn't suspend him for at least 4 games, Goodell will be facing a boatload of problems for any suspensions going forward. He set the crank in motion when he suspended Brady and went to court to make it stick. Detrimental to the Integrity of the NFL. Since he has the power, he could take away a draft pick if he thought it was due.

Hey Bronco fans, how does it feel to defend a guilty player when everyone else thinks he's a shitbag? We defended Brady because we didn't think he was guilty of anything and most of us still feel that way. Your frustration with Goodell could be just starting.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge issue with this one though. Because there are no witnesses at least at this time coming forward with any information right now all the police can do is speculate at what happened. It is why they believe he shot himself and most likely that is what happened but because no one is talking and there is no video of where and how this happened they just have to go by the witnesses stories. It is why all charges against Talib have been dropped. In the past for the most part the league has taken how law enforcement decides on matters into consideration. Every once in a while we see them go above and beyond what Law enforcement was willing to do like with Big Ben but otherwise usually they keep it pretty minimal.

I remember reading that he first said he shot himself and then changed it to someone shot him but he didn't see who did it.....If that's true, ballistics has analyzed the bullet projection and so forth and determined that he had to have shot himself, and with the gun nowhere to be found and the double story, they won't need to bring in Ben Matlock to figure this one out IMO....I think it's become pretty clear that he shot himself, the question now is what will RG do if anything....It could be no cookies for an hour or lifetime ban with him, one never knows....:scratch:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't suspend him for at least 4 games, Goodell will be facing a boatload of problems for any suspensions going forward. He set the crank in motion when he suspended Brady and went to court to make it stick. Detrimental to the Integrity of the NFL. Since he has the power, he could take away a draft pick if he thought it was due.

Hey Bronco fans, how does it feel to defend a guilty player when everyone else thinks he's a shitbag? We defended Brady because we didn't think he was guilty of anything and most of us still feel that way. Your frustration with Goodell could be just starting.

Few things

1) In the Brady situation that was a situation done on the field. It was investigated and a person found Brady and others guilty of violating league rules. Compare that to Talib where it was off the field and no charges were actually brought up against him. On the field is why the Patriots as an organization were punished. Rarely do we see an actual team fined or have draft picks taken away because a player was stupid off the field. So not sure where you are getting at the idea that the Broncos could lose a draft pick.

2) I've never said he isn't guilty of being an idiot in this situation. I think he shot himself. He is lucky to have stayed out of jail. I'm not trying to defend his actions at all. I'm giving the information that I have read on the situation of why the punishment might not be as brutal as some think. Maybe it will be because well Goodell is Goodell but from what I am hearing of people actually talking to league employees the punishment will not be a whole lot.

3) Every team has players who are not "great people." I cheer for the Broncos and anybody who plays for them. I cheer for what they do on the field not what they do off the field unless what they do off the field is something I can get behind. So there are players that I enjoy reading on the all around life of the person beyond just football. There are other players that I appreciate what they do on the field and just hope they don't get suspended because of what they do off of it. I support the team not the individual actions of some of the players. So see this is the difference between Bronco fans and Patriot fans. Just because the police found him not guilty or at least didn't think they had enough to win in trial doesn't mean we are saying "SEE they found him not guilty so he must have done nothing wrong!" No we are saying he did something stupid and got away with it. Happens sometimes.