• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Turns Out Aqib Talib Shot Himself (in Leg)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember reading that he first said he shot himself and then changed it to someone shot him but he didn't see who did it.....If that's true, ballistics has analyzed the bullet projection and so forth and determined that he had to have shot himself, and with the gun nowhere to be found and the double story, they won't need to bring in Ben Matlock to figure this one out IMO....I think it's become pretty clear that he shot himself, the question now is what will RG do if anything....It could be no cookies for an hour or lifetime ban with him, one never knows....:scratch:

Well I do know he has escaped legal trouble no matter what the story is or what he told the cops. I'm honestly not sure what all was said. I know he told the police at first that some guy came running through and shot him then ran off. Others that were with him said the same thing. Privately it was reported he was telling teammates that he shot himself. I don't know if he went back later and told the police that he did shoot himself or not. There have been mixed stories on whether that happened or not.

AS for Goodell you are right you never know with the guy. Depends what type of mood he is in that day. From what I have read though from people actually talking to the league they don't think it will be severe. They are talking either hefty fine or maybe a 1-game suspension. I hope that is the case as the guy is a very good player. But I will understand if it is more than that too. He has been stupid with his off the field decisions (and some on the field decisions like poking a guy in the eye) and while he might have escaped any jail time he might not escape the wrath of Goodell.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HK of course.

I'm no Family Guy fan.

What about King of the Hill though, lol?

Hank_Hill.png

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dallas police had no actual evidence of anything or witnesses so they just end up saying he shot himself because they couldn't prove it one way or another. But given that they didn't even have enough evidence to charge him he wont be suspended.

Also the Dallas PD are morons given that they couldn't find any clear evidence one way or another so they just ended up saying he shot himself even though they didn't find proof to come to that conclusion.

Heh. That's a pretty shitty conclusion to come to. On the other-hand, it does make one wonder, WTF happened? As it seems Talib was pretty tight-lipped himself towards the police.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. That's a pretty shitty conclusion to come to. On the other-hand, it does make one wonder, WTF happened? As it seems Talib was pretty tight-lipped himself towards the police.

In today's world pretty much every lawyer would tell their client that when an incident happens do not give anything to the police. I'm sure every player has been told to exercise their right to not say anything without a lawyer present. Just keeps them from incriminating themselves. Now if they are innocent then nothing to hide but I doubt Talib was innocent in this situation so he did what his lawyer told him and said very little. Same with all those present that actually saw what happened. At that point then unfortunately for police they have very little to actually prosecute the person. It is why this did not go to trial. They have a pretty good idea of what happened but not enough to actually get a conviction so it is just easier to drop it and save the courts some money.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't suspend him for at least 4 games, Goodell will be facing a boatload of problems for any suspensions going forward. He set the crank in motion when he suspended Brady and went to court to make it stick. Detrimental to the Integrity of the NFL. Since he has the power, he could take away a draft pick if he thought it was due.

Hey Bronco fans, how does it feel to defend a guilty player when everyone else thinks he's a shitbag? We defended Brady because we didn't think he was guilty of anything and most of us still feel that way. Your frustration with Goodell could be just starting.
I think most Broncos fans are well aware that Talib is a scumbag of a human being. You won't see many (if any) of us defend him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most Broncos fans are well aware that Talib is a scumbag of a human being. You won't see many (if any) of us defend him.

Talib honestly has made it pretty easy. His history of off the field issues are well documented. Most of them from a legal stand point he has gotten little to no punishment for. Just because somebody is cleared legally or there isn't proof beyond a shadow of a doubt doesn't mean you can't form your own opinion. I mean most people believe that OJ Simpson killed his wife but from a legal stand point he was found innocent. I mean his book written a little while later I think titled "If I Did It" kind of sealed the deal that he got away with murder but again we can all form our own opinion without needing the courts to tell us what to think.