• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Turkey Day games

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering, with all the recent losses on Thanksgiving for the Lions, and horrible losses at that, do the Lions losing put anyone in a bad mood afterwards?

Regular game days can put me in a bad mood for a few hours following a loss. But losses in thanksgiving seem not to affect me much. Having family and friends around tend to put things in perspective much quicker following a loss. That isn't to say I'm not bothered by it, but I'd rather not ruin a fun family day by being in a pissy mood.

How does everyone else react on this day?

And btw, regardless of our difference of opinions and debating styles, I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow and may everyone enjoy the company of their family and friends. :suds:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually pissy by the 3rd QTR realizing it's the Same Ole Lions.....I've learned that putting money on the opposing team on Turkey Day seems to have helped. :laugh3:.........I've just learned to bet against the Lions on Turkey Day and if they win, I don't mind losing my money or the bet.....Best way I've found to deal with the team.....

When I was a young teenager or 20 something, I won't lie, throwing a hat or remote happened a few times....As I got older, I realized that seconds on the Turkey (tryptophan) would put me to sleep and when I woke up the next morning it didn't hurt as much because our record was usually something like 4-8 and if they had won it would have been 5-7......Not like they had a chance at anything.....

Draft theories and philiosphies usually start turning up after turkey day because it's a week and half before the next game so we usually talked about that.....

This year is a little different......We actually lead the freaking NFC North........Anything other then a win will be a huge let down since I believe Rodgers isn't playing.

Happy Yard Bird to all......Stay safe and be thankful........:suds:

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah bruh, after a loss I still end up mad.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours my friend.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a bit more hesitant to scream and go nuts with all the family around. I have to swallow my disappointment and so I calm down a lot faster after an epic failure by the Lions.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to be mad for a couple of days after a Lions loss and Thanksgiving is no different. It will certainly ruin my day. I try to put on a good face so I don't ruin everyone's day but I'm sure everyone can tell I'm seething. After dealing with the Bucs fans at work and listening to sports talk sucking off the Bucs all week I might literally fucking explode if we lose this game today. Luckily my wife told me the best thing she's ever said to me a couple of days ago, "I don't feel like cooking this year". So if I do blow it won't be in front of the whole family. Here's to hoping it doesn't come to that!!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year's loss to the Texans was about as bad as it gets, but I don't remember letting it ruin my day. I bitch about it and any loss on the boards but I don't carry it around with me.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin Bush puts it on the ground again ! Bench his ass. Damn.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt put me in a bad mood but not much does. Im also resigned to the fact that im a lions fan so im used to it. It does however put me in a good mood when they win. So glad that e1 could enjoy their thanksgiving entirely with the lions W.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hear much talk about Ross...I thought he was impressive myself....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last few years I've been far too excited for Friday State Finals to worry about what the Lions do on Thursday. (I care, but they arent bringing me down ftom my high)My ITown 'Jackets picked up their fourth title in a row yesterday. (All undefeated season i might add)Double that with a Lions TurkeyDay win and I had my best Thanksgiving weekend football wise in decades. (Western got smoked on Tuesday or Wednesday, but that was expected, they're horrible)

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last few years I've been far too excited for Friday State Finals to worry about what the Lions do on Thursday. (I care, but they arent bringing me down ftom my high)My ITown 'Jackets picked up their fourth title in a row yesterday. (All undefeated season i might add)Double that with a Lions TurkeyDay win and I had my best Thanksgiving weekend football wise in decades. (Western got smoked on Tuesday or Wednesday, but that was expected, they're horrible)

Nice, My nephews team down here in TN got to the final 4 in the state championship and got rolled Friday night. Tough loss but the hype around the game and a Lions win made the weekend special.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, My nephews team down here in TN got to the final 4 in the state championship and got rolled Friday night. Tough loss but the hype around the game and a Lions win made the weekend special.

My little cuz actually set the finals record with 6 TDs yesterday.(He was named Michigans first "Mr Football" last weekend) He missed almost the entire game last year when he got hurt on the first play. His brother came in at QB for the victory formation and my other cousin on the team got some action on D and a little on O. Great day for my family football wise this weekend. We've been spoiled the last few years but it was great again this year all the same.(Spent a half hour on the phone with my grandmother, she couldn't find the game on TV and couldn't tell the difference between the DVD, dish and TV remotes. Hahaha. The entire community was at Ford Field so I couldn't call anyone else. But we got her to FoxSports eventually. Hahaha). The high schools you guys have down there are nuts. How big is the average school district? My buddy coaches down there and his school is an entire county!

Last edited by a moderator:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My little cuz actually set the finals record with 6 TDs yesterday.(He was named Michigans first "Mr Football" last weekend) He missed almost the entire game last year when he got hurt on the first play. His brother came in at QB for the victory formation and my other cousin on the team got some action on D and a little on O. Great day for my family football wise this weekend. We've been spoiled the last few years but it was great again this year all the same.(Spent a half hour on the phone with my grandmother, she couldn't find the game on TV and couldn't tell the difference between the DVD, dish and TV remotes. Hahaha. The entire community was at Ford Field so I couldn't call anyone else. But we got her to FoxSports eventually. Hahaha). The high schools you guys have down there are nuts. How big is the average school district? My buddy coaches down there and his school is an entire county!

I live in Clarksville, TN the 4th biggest city in TN.....Only Nashville, Memphis, and Knoxville are bigger.....Heck it's bigger then Chattanooga......

Not sure about the district, but we have like 8 High Schools in the city.....If you get out in the sticks it covers a lot of land......Kinda like Detroit has tons of H.S. teams and the U.P. where TP lives have to drive 200 miles to play the nearest competitor.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They go by dog sled, but I see what ya mean.

Last edited by a moderator:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They go by dog sled, but I see what ya mean.

Usually a big SUV with a confederate Flag and shotgun in the window works down here, but it's a short drive across the street to play the Low riding 22 inch rims and a more talented team.....

Did I cross the grey line? I hope so......That was my intent.:laugh3:

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got 22"s? Nah they 10"s but I keeps em clean though.