• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TS- practice report...

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday...

"*** Best news for Alabama at practice today? That Mark Barron didn't appear to have any ill effects from the ribs injury that kept him off the field for most of the Auburn game. No black jersey for him and he seemed to be moving around just fine.

*** Linebacker Jonathan Atchison, who hasn't been at practice in recent weeks due to his season-ending biceps injury, was out there today in a black (non-contact) jersey.

*** No sign of Michael Bowman or Ronald Carswell at practice. Bowman hasn't been out there in awhile. Carswell's tweet earlier today (see Breaking the Cap's thread) doesn't necessarily confirm that he's leaving, but the fact that it came right after finals week is certainly cause for wonder.

*** Lacy was in a white jersey and looking pretty good. Tough to say with turf toe, because he's looked as good in past weeks and then barely plays the ensuing Saturday, then other week's he's visibly hobbled. Saban's last comment was that he expected the layoff to help Lacy play more.

*** Team practiced indoors today, even though the weather was fine. Probably will see more of that because the BCS title game is also indoors. Doesn't mean they'll be indoors every day, though. "

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesday...

*** The Kouandjio brothers were at practice in black jerseys working the cycles with Cochran. They've not been at practice previously, so that's of interest. I don't believe Kouandjio will be available Jan.9, as has been speculated on this board and elsewhere. But that said, he was cycling with no knee brace and when he got off, there was no limp at all to his stride. Arie, as well, cycled with no brace.

*** Dee Hart still in a black jersey and working with the running backs, while Jonathan Atchison (black jersey) worked with the OLBs. Like the Kouandjio brothers, don't look for Hart or Atchison to be involved in the bowl game, either.

*** Phillip Sims left individual drills with his helmet off with what appeared to be some sort of shoulder ailment. Can't call it an injury -- for all we know, he was just a little sore went back at it right after the media left -- but worth noting anyway.

*** Offensive line looked sharp in drill work. No ill effects apparent with Barrett Jones (ankle) and Chance Warmack looks to be in good shape. Warmack didn't appear to be in the best shape back in August when camp started, so I wondered if he would come back from the post-season three-week layoff looking a little sluggish. Not the case. He had a tremendous year at left guard, especially after he got past the first couple of games.

*** Team was indoors once again.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks tide

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem. Just figured I'd post the practice reports from TS since we're leading up the most important game of the year.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wednesday...

*** Pretty much a carbon copy of Tuesday. The Kouandjio brothers again on the cycles working with Scott Cochran, with Dee Hart and Jonathan Atchison also non-contact.

*** I guess the mysterious Phillip Sims injury talk can be quashed. Yesterday, Sims exited individual drills with some sort of physical issue and by some accounts, you'd have thought he was run over by a truck. I noted in yesterday's practice update that he left drillwork but pointed out that it could be nothing. Apparently, it was nothing. Sims threw with QBs today with no sign of a problem and no sign of any sort of wrap, either.

*** Alabama's first Outland Trophy winner, Chris Samuels, has been a practice visitor the past two days.

*** UA will practice again Thursday and Friday before taking a break for the Christmas holiday. We'll have access Thursday, but not Friday, so tomorrow will be our last practice update until the 28th.

*** Saban press conference expected to go off around 4 p.m. today. Stay with Tidesports.com for the latest from that.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday...

"*** Phelon Jones back at practice Thursday after missing time with an illness. As a former LSU Tiger and a native of the state of Alabama, gotta figure the BCS title game means a little something extra to Phelon.

*** No sign of TE Harrison Jones, out with a hand injury.

*** Saw Vinnie Sunseri, not surprisingly, working in the dime defense in recognition drills. The extra playing time Sunseri got in the Iron Bowl due to Barron's injury can't be anything but a positive for the only true freshman who figures to see action on the defensive side against LSU. He won't play a lot, but he'll likely be out there on 3rd & longs, which are always key.

*** Same story with Atchison and Hart Thursday - both in black, both participating in indy drills. ... The Kouandjio brothers were in the training room rather than at practice on bikes today.

*** Got to see the quarterbacks throw some deeper passes today, which is unusual for the media viewing period. Everything pretty much right on the numbers. What you'd expect from AJ & Sims, but was impressed with Ely as well. He was hitting guys right in stride also.

*** UA practiced will be closed Friday."