• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trevor Knight Granted Release and Transfering From OU

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can a 4* QB out of high school be considered the "real deal?" If he was the real deal wouldn't he be a 5* recruit?
Just because a kid doesn't have 5 stars doesn't mean he isn't good. Kind of a stupid way to view it. If people say he is a 4 star he can't be good, because people in the media are never wrong?

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because a kid doesn't have 5 stars doesn't mean he isn't good. Kind of a stupid way to view it. If people say he is a 4 star he can't be good, because people in the media are never wrong?
Exactly. Bradford was a 3 star. Don't even think Mayfield was rated.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did I ever say he isn't good or won't be good? I asked how he can already be considered "the real deal" when he isn't even out of high school yet. Read what I actually wrote please.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this clears things up for some of you boys....

OU Sports: Oklahoma officially grants Trevor Knight release to transfer to another school

Bob Stoops has officially granted Trevor Knight his full release to play his final year of eligibility at a different school, Oklahoma announced Friday.

The expected news was first reported by SoonerScoop.com on Thursday.

Both coach and player indicated that a transfer isn’t a foregone conclusion, and that Knight will remain with the Sooners throughout the College Football Playoff.

“Trevor has been unbelievable during his time as a Sooner,” Stoops said in a statement. “I can’t say enough about him and what he’s meant to our program. He will graduate this month and has told us that he would like to investigate the possibility of finishing his career elsewhere.

“We understand him wanting to explore his options and will be happy for him if he’s able to find a good fit.”

Added Knight: “My decision to reach out and communicate with other potential programs is something I feel I must do in order to see if there is a perfect fit for my senior season. I can promise you that no one is more proud to be a Sooner than I am, and in no way, shape or form will this take away from my excitement and commitment heading into the championship season.

“I am truly touched by the support from both Coach Stoops and Coach (Lincoln) Riley, as well as all of Sooner Nation during this time.

“Enough about me. Let’s go beat the Tigers. Boomer!”

Knight, the Sooners’ starting quarterback to begin the 2013 and 2014 seasons, lost the job to Baker Mayfield this season. Knight’s playing time diminished as Mayfield established himself as a first-team All-American and Heisman Trophy candidate.

Knight was 11-4 in two seasons as a starting quarterback with Oklahoma. By comparison, Mayfield has led the Sooners to an 11-1 record and a berth in the College Football Playoff.

Knight has played in 24 career games, completing 57.1 percent of his passes for 3,424 yards and 25 touchdowns with 19 interceptions.

The dual-threat quarterback has also rushed for 853 yards and eight touchdowns on 151 attempts.

Despite no guarantee as a starting quarterback, Knight was voted as one of five team captains in the preseason. He’s always been well-respected by his peers, and is scheduled to graduate this semester.

Knight was named the Sooners’ starting quarterback before the 2013 season, beating out Blake Bell to become Landry Jones’ replacement. He had an injury-plagued redshirt freshman season and spent time as Bell’s backup during the middle portion of the year.

His best game was easily the Sugar Bowl victory over Alabama that season. Knight was named the game’s most outstanding player after a 45-31 victory. The quarterback set career highs in that game for completions (32), attempts (44), passing yards (348) and TD passes (4).

Knight had an up-and-down 2014 season and had a scary moment against Baylor. The quarterback suffered temporary paralysis after absorbing a hit by three Baylor defenders. He’d lost feeling in his arms and legs, missing three games before being cleared to play in the Russell Athletic Bowl. Oklahoma lost 40-6 to Clemson, as Knight was 17-of-37 for 103 yards with three interceptions.

Off the field, Knight was named a finalist for the 2014 Wuerffel Trophy, given to the college football player who best combines exemplary community service with outstanding academic and athletic achievement.

Eric Bailey 918-581-8391[email protected]

SoonerJohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to gamble and say Trevor Knight ends up at Georgia. Kirby needs a holdover QB until Eason is ready and Trevor did beat the hell out of Bama once on a grand stage.

As for Kyle Allen, as much as I'd like to see him compete for the starting nod in 2017, I think he ends up in Houston. OSU recruiting him pretty hard when Tom Herman was in Columbus and Allen would have less competition and stand more to gain by playing for the Cougars.